• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

ROM Hack's Recommendations

Years
    • Seen Nov 11, 2015
    Hello guys, i love pokemon hack and enjoy some of them like Pokemon Snakewood or Light Platinum. But for me, the best was Pokemon Blaze 2, with the mode set on Challenge. Battle was very interesting, not grinding, but i have to think about my team, and some IV/EV/Moveset optimisation etc... Variety of wild pokemons were good too, because it help to build a team.
    So, now i finish this game, and i'm asking if another rom hack was interesting like Blaze Black 2. Not grinding like Snakewood or Dark Rising. I love to play against opponent's team seems like i play online :)
    Thanks for your time, and have fun ! :)
    PS : Sorry for my basic english, try to do my best.

Splash

But nothing happened.
    Years
  • Hello guys, i love pokemon hack and enjoy some of them like Pokemon Snakewood or Light Platinum. But for me, the best was Pokemon Blaze 2, with the mode set on Challenge. Battle was very interesting, not grinding, but i have to think about my team, and some IV/EV/Moveset optimisation etc... Variety of wild pokemons were good too, because it help to build a team.
    So, now i finish this game, and i'm asking if another rom hack was interesting like Blaze Black 2. Not grinding like Snakewood or Dark Rising. I love to play against opponent's team seems like i play online :)
    Thanks for your time, and have fun ! :)
    PS : Sorry for my basic english, try to do my best.

yep its invigorating battling trainers with pokemon that have been edited for competitive play although some are annoying i was happy with what blaze2 did

Years
    • Seen Jun 25, 2021
    Do you guys know any GBC hacks with physical/special split? I once found a hack of Crystal which had this awesome feature but the file got deleted and now I can't seem to find anything but the christmas 2014 hack. Any suggestions? Would love to play that Crystal hack again, feraligatr was actually a viable starter

Years
    • Seen Apr 15, 2020
    Hello

I'm looking for some ROM Hacks to play on my gameboid app on android. Looking for a hack that offers preferably
    • all Gen pokemon
    • more than one region
    • Pokemon league is avoidable (takes away from the story)
    • Mega evolution
    • All starters
    • Similar to Dark Rising 1 & 2 or Light Platinum
    • Safari zone

So far iv played
    - Dark rising 1 & 2
    - Flora Sky
    - Light Platinum
    - Victory Fire
    - Ruby Destiny 1 & 2
    - Glazed
    - Shiny Gold
    - Resolute

I'm new to this forum so any help would be much appreciated

Last edited by a moderator:
    Years
    • Seen Jun 1, 2022
    I've been busy with other things lately but will get back to it soon.
    Most Pokémon, including your own, are stored in a POKE file. Stadium 2 (J Stadium 3) uses a slightly different struct than the earlier games "P3v0". I've wanted to confirm the exact format using a save dump from my cart but the V64jr has been acting up. Probably just use some sacrificial Rattata captures and a flashcart or something.

"P3v0" is a general filewrapper name though, so more than just your party uses it (also unlike previous titles) making this a bit of a pain.

If the data was wrapped in one of those they have a checksum. It's just a checksum16 against the data, but if it doesn't match they'll treat it like a hacked 'mon.
    Can't say this is accurate yet, but registered parties use this format:
    Code:
    #    0x0    1    True if data set    [default 0]
    #    0x2    2    trainer ID    [default 0]
    #    0x4    12    Trainer name (GB encoding, 0x50 terminated)    [default 0x5000]
    #    0x10    pkmn    0x3C each; uses GB storage format
    #        0x0    1    species
    #        0x1    1    held item
    #        0x2    1    move 1
    #        0x3    1    move 2
    #        0x4    1    move 3
    #        0x5    1    move 4
    #        0x6    2    OT ID
    #        0x8    4    EXP
    #        0xC    2    HP exp
    #        0xE    2    Atk exp
    #        0x10    2    Def exp
    #        0x12    2    Spd exp
    #        0x14    2    Spc exp
    #        0x16    2    DVs
    #        0x18    1    PP 1
    #        0x19    1    PP 2
    #        0x1A    1    PP 3
    #        0x1B    1    PP 4
    #        0x1C    1    friendship
    #        0x1D    1    level
    #        0x1E    1    status
    #        0x1F    5    ???
    #        0x24    12    nickname (GB encoding, 0x50 terminated)
    #        0x30    12    OT name? (GB encoding, 0x50 terminated; 0 if rental)
    #    0x178    2    fill?  always 0000
    #    0x17A    4    b'P3v0'
    #    0x17E    2    checksum16    [default 01CF]
    I want to make absolutely certain I didn't bugger anything up beforehand though.

Only parts of the save file are loaded at a time depending which menu you are on.
    Free Battle & Gym Leader Castle
    pointers to banks 0 and 1 at 80261E60 & 80269670, respectively.
    registered parties @ 80261E70 backups at 80265A70 (+0x3C00)
    registered gym castle parties @ 80269680
    Loaded when entering the "Choose from which entry?" screen.

Stadium
    80257E90 backups at 8025BA90 (+0x3C00)
    Loaded when entering the "Choose from which entry?" screen.

These projects are taking longer than expected, but really really will get to this eventually ;*)
    Consider this a consolation prize.
    BTW, I would just like to thank you again for taking the time to work on all this. It really means a lot. :) And don't worry about taking a break, take all the time you need. :)

-PM260.

EDIT: BTW, I would just like to say that you're amazing that you can balance all these different projects that no other person has even attempted as far as I've seen, and the majority of people on this Earth probably couldn't do even if they tried. Seriously, you're great! :)

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen May 5, 2015
    New complete rom hacks

Hi guys! I was wondering does anyone know any good new and complete rom hacks (I really dont like when I cant finish a hack) with good graphics (eg. glazed, uranium, light platinum... pretty much gen 4 graphics) and an interesting plot. I have played glazed, flora sky, liquid crystal and the dark rising series (really liked it). Please reply, thank you! :)

Years
    • Seen Sep 10, 2018
    Hardest pokemon hack you played?

Hey guys, im looking for the hardest pokemon hack ever. im not interested in nuzlocke challenge (that would make any game harder)
    just a hard hack. gym leaders with ridiculously high level pokemons and overall hard trainers. i have played Dark Rising 1/2, light platinum and pokemon snakewood.
    thanks for halping :)

Years
  • Hey guys, im looking for the hardest pokemon hack ever. im not interested in nuzlocke challenge (that would make any game harder)
    just a hard hack. gym leaders with ridiculously high level pokemons and overall hard trainers. i have played Dark Rising 1/2, light platinum and pokemon snakewood.
    thanks for halping :)

Blue Kaizo for sure. Also, pokemon hollow mysteries is good, link: http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=307291

Years
    • Seen Oct 15, 2015
    Hello,

I am looking for rom hacks with the follow me function (like in HG/SS) also looking for hacks with moving sprites (like b/w). Also no fakemon

Thanks

Years
    • Seen Jul 25, 2015
    If you are not aware, Beta 1 was an April Fool's joke (imho, GoGo should already take it down), so don't bother yourself with downloading it. As for the real patch, it's available for download in the first post of this thread under the [Download] section. Go and check it out. However, note the creator's comment about the patch...
    Can you give me the pokemon best rom hack?

Years
    • Seen May 26, 2016
    I would like an Emerald Hack.

I would like an Emerald hack with just the generations 1 and 2 pokemon added, does anybody know the name of such a hack?

Years
    • Seen Feb 3, 2016
    I'm looking for a simple hack of Fire Red with those features:
    - First Generation Pokemon only (150 or 151) all catchable
    - no annoying evolutions
    - if possible, difficulty higher than the classic Fire Red
    - infinite use of TM
    - if possible, fisical/special split

Is there something like that?

Thanks in advance

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen May 13, 2015
    NDS Rom Hack with Gen.6 and Mega Evo.

PLEASE ! If you know of a NDS Rom Hack with Gen.6 and Mega Evo please reply!

Last edited by a moderator:
    Years
    • Seen May 13, 2015
    Oh... OK.
    Do you know any NDS Rom Hack?

I have Pokemon Volt White 2 and Blaze Black 2.

Any recommendations? :(
    o_O

Years
    • Seen Jun 6, 2015
    Looking for a Battle Tower Hack (Pokemon Emerald)

Hello guys, new member here.

A few years ago I was trying to find GameShark codes to allow me to use six pokemon in the Battle Tower instead of three. I also wanted to fight opponents who have six pokemon instead of only three. This mimics the complexity of competitive battling, which makes it more interesting for me.

I would play with real players, but I always get into a bad mood if I lose in competitive battling. So I'm wondering if such a hack is possible and/or if there is already an existing hack that does this?

Thanks!

Back