• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Route 1?

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
    It's still a completely different nation. I believe that Isshu is New York myself, but Shanghai is at least a bit plausible.
    I think the same thing, but we take a look at Shanghai and not say it's America like they confirmed it already, the geography also resembles that of
    Shanghai a lot :) I don't mind if it does turn out to be China as I love China!

Haza

☆A Life of Pokémon and Beyoncé ☆
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Oct 1, 2021
    Eh, this thread should merge with the Isshu Region Thread... but they did say that there was going to be a rebirth of the franchise. Also makes me think this won't be the last region. It's just the Kanto of another ride!

Haza

☆A Life of Pokémon and Beyoncé ☆
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Oct 1, 2021
    It's not like there aren't a million Lincoln Ave.'s or a billion Washington Streets

Yeah, but this is Pokemon we're talking about. There has never been two of the same route names before...

Myles

Seriously?
    Years
    I, for one, like the route reset. It ensures that Pokémon world-wise, we are for sure in another nation. Meaning we will finally get to see outside of the unnamed Pokémon nation and see another nation and... (wait for it)... we could get an international Pokédex. Finally sorting out all the evolution lines correctly and such.

Cyberglass

the stuff Porygon are made of
    Years
    • Seen Jun 1, 2022
    It kind of makes sense to start over again anyway. After all, each regional pokedex has a different #001 Pokemon, and the only reason the old routes didn't restart was the possibility of interconnectedness like in GSC. With Isshu being so far away, this will not pose a problem

Bloothump

the Sea Fungi Pokemon.
    Years

I think the same thing, but we take a look at Shanghai and not say it's America like they confirmed it already, the geography also resembles that of
    Shanghai a lot :) I don't mind if it does turn out to be China as I love China!

This has nothing to do with route numbering. If anything, if he drew Isshu on china, his point wouldn't be very well supported, because on a small map China and Japan truly do look right next to eachother. In other words, drawing Isshu on American helps support his point.

Aaaaaand this....

Well they are rising while America is dangling from several strings :P

I find a bit offensive personally. America may be struggling at the moment but we aren't going to diminish with one more problem, as the term "dangling from several strings" implies. I'm usually not easily offended but someone who's worried about the future of himself and his family is a little on edge about the crises of his country, just saying.

Anyway, on topic, I love the fact that they're resetting the route numbers. Honestly, I'm not gonna remember route 311 if I love it, All I'm going to remember is "That one path near that one town with the grass and stuff." However, with simpler numbers like Route 1,2,3 etc., I'll actually remember the names of the places I'm going.

Last edited:

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
    This has nothing to do with route numbering. If anything, if he drew Isshu on china, his point wouldn't be very well supported, because on a small map China and Japan truly do look right next to eachother. In other words, drawing Isshu on American helps support his point.

Aaaaaand this....
    Well they only said it was farther from the other regions compared to how far they are to each other and the space between Shanghai and Sinnoh seems to be more than that of Sinnoh and Kanto :)

Bloothump

the Sea Fungi Pokemon.
    Years

Well they only said it was farther from the other regions compared to how far they are to each other and the space between Shanghai and Sinnoh seems to be more than that of Sinnoh and Kanto :)

Yes but what I'm saying is your taking a debate from another topic into this one when someone was merely trying to make an example.

JP

wut?
    Years
    • Age 34
    • USA
    • Seen Dec 13, 2019
    I really don't see what the big deal is. Only makes sense to restart the road numberings considering the area is so far away from the rest of the regions. I like it and it only helps to reinforce the idea that Isshu is far away.

Back