• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Route 1?

Years
    • Seen Jun 1, 2024
    I think it. It's a really good idea. It gives the games that "fresh" feel.

Solodomo

Psychic Trainer
    Years
    • Seen May 5, 2012
    I love the idea of them starting over. it will feel like it's 1998 again if they do it right...-_- (what am i saying here?)

Years
    I really don't see what the big deal is. Only makes sense to restart the road numberings considering the area is so far away from the rest of the regions. I like it and it only helps to reinforce the idea that Isshu is far away.
    I agree. You guys might be exagerrating a bit. This isn't exactly a huge revamp like Hoenn. 3:

pokeman2121

The Pokeman
    Years
    We're starting at Route 1 because, as mentioned, Isshu is a far off place, so far away in fact, that they believe they were the first. So, here we are, starting over once more. They said this in CoroCoro.

This sounds reasonable. Maybe if this isn't the last pokemon game, they should actually name the routes after the people in the credits or something?

Nikorasu

Shut down the devil sound
    Years
    We're starting at Route 1 because, as mentioned, Isshu is a far off place, so far away in fact, that they believe they were the first. So, here we are, starting over once more. They said this in CoroCoro.

I hope they get rid of all the old pokemon aswell.

Tiem to go back to just the 100 please? :)

Azure-Supernova

Trainer of mediocre Champions!
    Years
    It's things like this which are encouraging me to warm up to the new generation... it's seperating it from the past ones so it feels like a new title.

It's more like Game Freak are saying "Here look at this Kitty I got you!" rather than "Look, we replaced your old puppy with a newer, bigger, better looking one!"

Years
    • Seen Feb 12, 2013

Only looks like maybe 2 inches to me, maybe not even.

I giggled :)

Well to me it doesnt make much difference as long as its not, as someone stated, the last game :O

I mean its not like its the end of the world...

§acred†Beo!

F.A.T.E.
    Years
    • Age 34
    • PA
    • Seen Aug 19, 2020
    Well each country has it's own set of numbered highways don't they? Maybe this is the same?

This is exactly what I believe, the past games were all set in the Japan area. This new game is supposedly based off a far away land (ahem New York) so that would only suggest they have there own set routes etc.

Hydrath

Pokemon Pirate/Water Trainer
    Years
    new nation new highway numberings. simple as that. I believe it's already confirmed Isshu isn't in Japan like the other games are.

why should lets say, USA, fallow the number system after Japan? It just doesn't work like that.

this also leads to another question- what about national pokedex? if they are restarting the route numbers for isshu because it's another nation what about the pokedex numbers?

Last edited:

Numbers

Say my name
    Years
    I like that they're starting off at Route 1. It just enhances the feeling that this is a new beginning for Pokemon.

Years
    • Seen Nov 19, 2013
    Its a new country, which mean new route system, new pokemon and new adventures...

It Make sense..

Jerme

stupid
    Years
    • Seen Dec 14, 2010
    when i first played sapphire, i saw the 1st route was 101 so i ended up rhinking we would go to johto before...so starting at route 1 causes less confusion

and with johto and kanto being connected, it makes since that they share the same route system

speaking of route 101, why did it jump from 46 to 101?

Years
    when i first played sapphire, i saw the 1st route was 101 so i ended up rhinking we would go to johto before...so starting at route 1 causes less confusion

and with johto and kanto being connected, it makes since that they share the same route system

speaking of route 101, why did it jump from 46 to 101?
    They actually did that to prevent confusion that you could go to past regions. =P

Mortalis

[css-div="background-color:#4e9dda;text-align:cent
    Years
    Most of you keep saying that Isshu is based around / off of America. We don't know this. Many people think that it's Shanghai too, so just remember that.

Anyways, yes, the reason we are starting at Route 1 again is because Isshu is so far away. I'm pretty sure that the National Dex will remain the same, but this time with the added Pokemon.

Calder

Gamertag: LycaNinja
    Years
    • Seen Apr 28, 2011
    Most of you keep saying that Isshu is based around / off of America. We don't know this. Many people think that it's Shanghai too, so just remember that.

Anyways, yes, the reason we are starting at Route 1 again is because Isshu is so far away. I'm pretty sure that the National Dex will remain the same, but this time with the added Pokemon.

Mostly because everything in the screenshots have been compared to locations in New York and match like perfectly xD

TrainerShane

The Planner
    Years
    • Seen Jul 16, 2010
    I don't care what the region is based off of. I care about the story, the ability to fight tougher trainers in-game, and the Pokemon.
    Route 1 is a nice fresh start. I don't think anyone will really get confused.

Back