• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Route 1?

Åzurε

Shi-shi-shi-shaw!
Years
    • Seen Jun 2, 2013
    Lookie what I found on TvTropes.
    Broken Base...

...Also, debates on where Isshu is based on - mostly New York and Shanghai (also Hong Kong, San Francisco and Aomori)
    Said debates reached such overwhelming numbers that all discussion of what Isshu is based on is temporarily banned on Bulbagarden Forums.
    Way to go, people of Internet. I'm not specifically talking about anyone here, mind you.
    But, I'd like to give a big NO U to Pokekid1995.

I guess the new R1 will be another little path leading to a slightly larger town. That's okay with me! The starting areas need moar New Bark Town vibe, though. Something that just screams New Game, you know?

Bloothump

the Sea Fungi Pokemon.
    Years
  • Interesting, I really kind of dislike the starting town. It's way too plain. Three houses and a lab? Really? I expected at least a little pond or something. I wish the roofs were dofferent colors. As opposed to all three being blue, I wish it was like, blue, yellow, green. With the lab included our town could be pretty like a Simon board. :-P
    I've always liked the route one has only two generic pokemon. Then you get to the next route and your horizons grow sort of. Like in Hoenn, you could suddenly find Wurmples, Lotads, Seedots, Ralts and Surskits in addition to the first route Zigzags and Poochies. Also in Sinnoh there were Shinx, Wurmples, Abras and Budews. I dunno, I've always liked it.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
  • Interesting, I really kind of dislike the starting town. It's way too plain. Three houses and a lab? Really? I expected at least a little pond or something. I wish the roofs were dofferent colors. As opposed to all three being blue, I wish it was like, blue, yellow, green. With the lab included our town could be pretty like a Simon board. :-P
    I've always liked the route one has only two generic pokemon. Then you get to the next route and your horizons grow sort of. Like in Hoenn, you could suddenly find Wurmples, Lotads, Seedots, Ralts and Surskits in addition to the first route Zigzags and Poochies. Also in Sinnoh there were Shinx, Wurmples, Abras and Budews. I dunno, I've always liked it.
    The starting town reminds me of Littleroot because of the things you stated actually, Littleroot had no pond either...
    Yeah I liked that as well more pokemon to chose from and battle/capture :)

Kininja

Where is Wally?
    Years
    • Seen Jul 13, 2011
    Well at the moment the game isnt near Finish
    The fact that it says route 1 May not be final
    By looking at the region its a very busy technologic place
    Maybe the'll change the route to highways or sum sum

MistahDude

Primate Pokemon Master
    Years

Yeah that was great. When I first played through Diamond I was a little sad that there was only Bidoof and Starly to catch. As soon as I walked into the grass on the next route I found a Shinx. I was happy!

I hope that I get that same feeling in the new games.

There are Highways in the games, and you get to run on them.

Last edited:

Great Mazinger

nope.avi
    Years
    • Seen Nov 27, 2013

It's only two months before the game is released. It's very unlikely that they'll make any major changes to the game at this point, because game development timelines don't work that way.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    I doubt they'll be changing the name of "route" anytime soon to just "highway", since we're used to route and...it's become a part of Pokemon basically.

MistahDude

Primate Pokemon Master
    Years
  • It's only two months before the game is released. It's very unlikely that they'll make any major changes to the game at this point, because game development timelines don't work that way.

Exactly.

If you were to compare a game development timeline to a Cake, right now they are adding the frosting.

Pokekid1995

The beatles
    Years
  • i have a feeling that this game will be great no matter wut the route is called if people dont like the names then just dont look

Years
  • I like it, it is a fresh new start :)
    Though, I bet now I will be confused whenever somebody somebody says Route 1...is it the Isshu route one or the Kanto route one? Just adds more confusion tbh...but I still like it. Isshu is a reboot of Pokemon, so it just makes sense.

Years
    • Seen Jul 9, 2011
    Blue Jays are not native to New York, nor are chipmunks or Pigeons.

Except that they are...? I live in New York and see pigeons and chipmunks every day; I think I'd know what I'm talking about.

...but anyway, the new routes.

I like the idea of a route reset; considering that the game is supposed to be taking place in a faraway region, resetting the routes might be a nice idea.

That being said, it leads to the problem with having Routes in the first place; if you do that, there's a level of linearity that having the routes numbered implies. Like, you must start on Route 1, then go on to Route 2... etc, etc.

Years
    • Seen Sep 20, 2011
    true>huin city(i think thats its name) is Hiroshima its still in japan and the city is next to a desert <true
    desert created by nuke that Lt Surge is probably responsible for)<its a joke don't take it seriously

Renege

C arry T he F lame
    Years
    • Seen Aug 11, 2011
    I don't really care, I never pay attention to the Route #'s anyway! Unless I'm looking for a specific Pokemon, otherwise it's 'mehh'.

Years
    • Age 37
    • Seen today
    Except that they are...? I live in New York and see pigeons and chipmunks every day; I think I'd know what I'm talking about.
    Except there is the Siberian Chipmunk, native to Russia, China, Korea, and Japan. And there are species of pigeon native to countries all over the world. So some species of those animals might be native to North America, but they're also found elsewhere.

I don't mind the restart to the route numbering. It makes sense, since Isshu isn't connected to the other regions. It doesn't bother me, since I don't always pay attention to the numbers of the routes, but head wherever the game allows me to go whenever.

Giratina ♀

what's your sign?
    Years
    • Seen Jul 23, 2013
    I don't really like the idea of a new Route One, if only for the fact that whenever we talk abut Route One there will be people asking "Wait, are you talking about Kanto Route One or Isshu Route One?" We'll be giving people directions for Routes that don't exist in the games we're playing. If they call it something else, like Road One or something, then it'd be a little better... but if that happens I'll revert to Raging Fangirl Mode. That won't be pretty, I assure you.

UltimaSilva

Varsity Quarterback
    Years
  • it should be 301, or 1001, I don't see why they would use the same route as Kanto, unless the route either looks just like kanto, or this is the last pokemon game. I just don't see why.

I really, really hope that this is not the last pokemon game, but maybe they are running out of ideas.:( Just look at Munna. Now back to the topic, why starting at route 1? I think that if this is the last game then they want to end the series at route 1. Since the first game started on route 1, then they would want the last game to end starting on route 1.

Back