• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Runescape.... Wait, what?

Alice

(>^.(>0.0)>
Years
  • I think the guards in Falador drop those talismans.
    Good luck actually getting that drop though. I used to kill them for xp whenever my membership ran out, and I don't recall ever getting anything but body talismans.

Btw, why does no one farm green dragons anymore? There used to be like at least 20 people on every world farming them, and now there's no one there. (The bones still sell for the same amount.) It makes it a lot harder to use a cannon, cuz you waste all your cannonballs shooting so many targets at once.

Years
  • Good luck actually getting that drop though. I used to kill them for xp whenever my membership ran out, and I don't recall ever getting anything but body talismans.

Btw, why does no one farm green dragons anymore? There used to be like at least 20 people on every world farming them, and now there's no one there. (The bones still sell for the same amount.) It makes it a lot harder to use a cannon, cuz you waste all your cannonballs shooting so many targets at once.
    lol, I got two water talismans from them. Banked one and dropped the other...

Cello

Tonight!
    Years
  • and dropped the other...

D:

I've been exploring this new task update. It's actually kind of cool, they're like mini quests you can do when you don't feel like taking on an actual 5 hour quest, ha ha.
    There are currently 417 tasks. Some easy like "Mine Copper Ore", then there are ones like praying at the Lumbridge church altar with some high level prayer skill on.

After completing these tasks you can go get rewards from the people listed under the task descriptions.

More to do!

Empty Pot

a new beginning...
    Years
  • A successful RuneScape thread, yay :D
    Anyways, if you guys want, you can add me(: FYSFB Ricky.
    I'm only level 101 and no 99s so I'm just a noob. x:

Bologna

One might call me "hip"
    Years
    • Seen Feb 20, 2014
    Man, I haven't played Runescape in forever. It looks waaaay different. I stopped playing when I had all the free quests done and was getting sick of just leveling up... never really been up to paying for membership. But it was still pretty fun and it was really popular with kids in my school. Really trying to resist going back just to look at it right now... Don't think I remember my password anyways though.

Superjub

Pokémon Aureolin
    Years
  • I just got a achievement for running.

Jagex makes me feel like a winner.

The running task is a bit silly, but whatever. Free gold. ^^ Only need to do two (I think) more tasks on my member account. The stupid runecrafting and mithril body one. :L

Purple Materia

Shape the future!
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Apr 12, 2014
    The running task is a bit silly, but whatever. Free gold. ^^ Only need to do two (I think) more tasks on my member account. The stupid runecrafting and mithril body one. :L
    The tasks seems like a bit of an annoyance to be honest. I never cared about achievements unless I can brag about them, lol.

Empty Pot

a new beginning...
    Years
  • Just checked out the tasks. Turns out I had 200 something already done and they gave me 484k for all of them. Feels good man(:

Superjub

Pokémon Aureolin
    Years
  • The tasks seems like a bit of an annoyance to be honest. I never cared about achievements unless I can brag about them, lol.

I've got to admit, when the achivement diary (now tasks) first came out, I thought "who'd want to do stupid, meanless tasks?" But the rewards are very good, in my opinion. The Explorers Ring, for example. Unlimited teleports and some other stuff. :)

Last edited:

Guren

Troll
    Years
  • I don't like the "task" system as much as the "achievement" system. I liked the list format better, so I didn't have to scroll down hundreds of rows of images of tasks I have to do. Although there may be rewards, but they give nearly useless change. Before it was divided into diaries, but now they made it way too general for tasks in every place. I might soften up to it, but still I prefer the other one.

And their recent update for logging in with e-mail? So stupid.

Cello

Tonight!
    Years
  • I honestly wish they would do something about the display name system.
    I'm tired of having to settle for a name I don't like because some person took it years ago and played for like two days. I wanted either Cello or Balmung. Both were taken, neither on the high scores.

Empty Pot

a new beginning...
    Years
  • I honestly wish they would do something about the display name system.
    I'm tired of having to settle for a name I don't like because some person took it years ago and played for like two days. I wanted either Cello or Balmung. Both were taken, neither on the high scores.

They do have a Display Name system, it's members only though.
    And remember, they could be banned players. When your banned, your highscores are erased.

Years
    • Seen Jan 4, 2011
    Give me RSC and Tutorial Island any day.

rsc = RuneScape Classic

And I too miss Tutorial Island. That was probably the most fun part of RuneScape. (And I'm not even kidding...)

I use to have a level 69 mage, and then I forgot the password to the account and also that email account so no chance of recovering it. I guess I'm getting a new account.

Last edited:

Bologna

One might call me "hip"
    Years
    • Seen Feb 20, 2014
    So, couldn't resist going back and seeing everything new on my own. Too bad I can't remember my password or enough information to get it back. Still thinking on it.. but meanwhile made a new account to at least see the new process of it -which is way different, but I like it. It's much less work than the old one. I've yet to bring myself to stay on the account long though because it just seems hard being at level three again. I mean... wasn't much of a pro on my old account but dropping back 60 some levels is just plain hard. Must.. remember.. password. D:

Years
    • Seen Dec 11, 2010
    RuneScape

Anyone in this neck of the woods play RuneScape? I'm from a prominent online gaming community called Sythe.org which is based around games such as RuneScape, Wow etc and from this have I have formed a strong foundation of hatred towards the game. What are your thoughts on the game?

Also, I recommend you all register to Sythe.org, has a strong community you can become a part of. I'm 'JohnK' over that ways, message me if you decide to join.

Le Creep!

~don't act blonde.
    Years
  • I've been on and off with Runescape. At one stage I bought membership and then didn't even play it, lol

But overall, I think it's about 4.5/10 for me. The graphics are TIHS!

Superjub

Pokémon Aureolin
    Years
  • I've finally done all of the Lumbridge and Draynor Achivement Diary Tasks. I've got a nifty black ring. Also, damage soaking. <3

But my membership ran out. I might renew it at January, I don't know yet.

Purple Materia

Shape the future!
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Apr 12, 2014
    @Retribution- Wait until you can actually use it. I'd say once you can take Lost City, you're ready, but that's just my opinion.

Back