• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Sad News - Maddie Blaustein has passed away

spike6958

TCG Collector
Years
    • Age 35
    • UK
    • Seen Apr 30, 2021
    Her outstanding voice acting for Meowth was what made him my favorite character in the Anime, i missed her the most when they changed the cast, and I'll miss her greatly now R.I.P Maddie.

Miss Reyna

Happiness~
    Years
  • Su. That is really sad to hear. *hugs*

It is really sad to hear that such a great person who worked hard for the Pokemon anime has passed away. I am sure that Maddie did a great job as Meowth's VA and she always made me laugh and enjoy the Pokemon anime as a member of Team Rocket.

I know this has nothing to do with what I said before but I think we should remember her best in the most famous line she said in the Pokemon Anime.

"That's Right!"

Rest in peace. Where ever you may be Maddie.

Famardy

I <3 Cassidy! =3
    Years
  • When Crystal Clair told me about this news, I just sad and shock at the same time. I mean she's actually few of the best 4Kids voice actors ever. This is indeed very tragic. RIP Maddie, you'll be missed.

Lucy Lu

Keep On Moving Foward...
    Years
    • Seen Mar 6, 2014
    Man...I can't believe it. She is gone, one of my top favorite VAs is gone. She was only 48!! She wasn't ready to go yet! I am truly sad about this. D: She was truly the best voice for Meowth. She got down his character perfect. And she did other voices in other shows and in Pokemon.

R.I.P. Maddie, thanks for all the hard work you did. You won't be forgotten. You will always be in my heart. *holds heart*

Jorah

What do I put here?
    Years
    • Age 33
    • UK
    • Seen Aug 18, 2021
    Oh, so it's true then...She talks on the movie 4 commentary, her normal voice is very similar to Meowth's, which makes it rather funny and she seemed like a funny person, too. I loved her Brooklyn accent, it was so funny :(

:'(

Meowth was voiced by a woman?

Meowth was voiced by a man at the start, and is now voiced by a man with PUSA

BeachBoy

S P A R K of madness
    Years
  • She was awesome, and it's a shame she went on. D: R.I.P Maddie.

But hey, at least she got to enjoy what she did 'n' also make kids laugh at the same time.

ハリマ☆ハリオ

播磨拳児
    Years
    • Seen Jun 5, 2009
    "I'll drink ta dat!"

Brooklyn-sounding Meowth was awesome. It's very sad that she's passed away. To me, there's no substitute for Meowth.

R.I.P., Maddie.

STEELIXMANIAC

Hatena de Wasshoi!
    Years
  • She was an awesome voice actress who deserved a lot of respect with the way she carried out a large variety of character roles. Loved the Meowth she did.

GFA

Mega Blastoise is my homeboy
    Years
    • Seen Sep 7, 2018
    It said she wasn't feeling well, ... this may sound sick, but I can't wait till the Autopsy ...

Artemis

i'm no goddess
    Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2013
    When I read it all on serebii I was so shocked and couldn't believe my eyes...I mean is has been such a long time, I hope she RIP and is now in a better place...

Crysta Blade

Shooty Refutey
    Years
  • I've been dreading the day when we'd lose one of the VA's. It's so hard to believe she was the first one (and an especially talented one at that, with all the characters she voiced). And at 48, way too soon.

Such a shocking thing to happen, especially so close to Christmas.

Cheers to you, Maddie, for all the good memories. I salut you.

Reactions:
    Years
  • Ack, that's depressing. But apparently she had a stomach virus, it wasn't random.

Well depressing, but it is the truth...

ANYWAY stepping away from the depressing atmosphere that I seem to have created unintentionally, truth or not, I believe that she did have some kind of medical condition and didnt know about it...though I still question if this is true or not, but I think after 5 days we would know if it was false...

Gars129

Is now focused on other things
    Years
  • I couldnt believe it when i saw. But yes, she will be missed. I dont know much about her but i know she was the best performer of meowth. I dont really think they could joke with the death of a person. Just wondering, why did the original VA for meowth leave.

Back