• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Sad News - Maddie Blaustein has passed away

suicidesal

GirlWithTheMostCake
Years
  • Rest her soul, she was a great voice actor. She honestly was one of the very few good 4Kids VAs. She will always been in the fans' hearts.

Meowth, that's right.

I'm sorry that was terrible of me. Tbh I always thought meowth had wonderful voice acting and her wonderful charisma and charm shall be missed on the show.

Years
  • I'm at a loss for words, honestly..

But what Charaxes said pretty much sums it up for me. She was one of my favorite voice overs in general, not just for Pokemon. But the fact that she was part of Pokemon makes it that much worse, to me. ;~; Because this series, games, comics, anime, voice actors, the like is something that means so much to me, I pretty much freaked when I heard about what happened with Maddie. Unfortunately, I wasn't one of the fans who could say 'Oh, its false info~!', and leave it at that.

If anyone still doesn't believe it, it was confirmed by 4Kids, because it plays at the end of the credits after she played roles in. That's how I found out. Now I'm sitting here missing the Yugioh 5D's dub, typing this, because I ran to the computer to search it after I saw it in show credits.

This isn't happy.. ~ T_T It's a shame it happened during the holidays, too.

R..I.P Maddie. <3

You will be missed.
    You actually WATCH the 5D's dub? After the failed GX dub, no thanks...I stick to the Japanese version. Just a suggestion, but you should watch the Japanese dub instead...4kids murders Yu-Gi-Oh! more than any other show they currently have the rights for.

ANYWAY, moving on to the proper subject, I dont watch any of the shows by 4kids, but I knew this was true after about a week when this was first announced, because someone would have said something if it was false.

Years
  • Wow, I'm in shock. She was too young to die.
    None of us are ever to young to die. Which reminds me...does anyone know exactly HOW she died? I mean, I know there are those rare occasions when people just suddenly die, but thats rare...there has to be something behind it.

Years
  • None of us are ever to young to die. Which reminds me...does anyone know exactly HOW she died? I mean, I know there are those rare occasions when people just suddenly die, but thats rare...there has to be something behind it.

May I point out once again that the family decided not to have an autopsy performed?

Taemin

move.
    Years
    • he / they
    • USA
    • Seen Apr 2, 2024
    None of us are ever to young to die. Which reminds me...does anyone know exactly HOW she died? I mean, I know there are those rare occasions when people just suddenly die, but thats rare...there has to be something behind it.

She had a stomach virus, from what's been said.. but other than that there really wasn't much wrong with her.

And for the record, no, I don't really watch the 5D's dub. xD I think it's awful.. but occasionally I'll catch a random episode when I wake up on Saturdays.

Years
  • May I point out once again that the family decided not to have an autopsy performed?
    That doesnt mean that they dont know how she died.

She had a stomach virus, from what's been said.. but other than that there really wasn't much wrong with her.

And for the record, no, I don't really watch the 5D's dub. xD I think it's awful.. but occasionally I'll catch a random episode when I wake up on Saturdays.
    and wow....must have been a really nasty stomach virus....I think theres more to it than what's being said, because stomach viruses cant get that bad....usually. Like I said, must have been nasty.

Last edited:
    Years
  • That doesnt mean that they dont know how she died.

autopsy (plural autopsies)
    1. A dissection performed on a cadaver to find possible cause(s) of death.
    2. An after-the-fact examination, especially of the causes of a failure.

An autopsy was not performed, meaning that the family did not wish to know what the cause of death was. If 'died in her sleep' is good enough for you, then have that.

Years
  • autopsy (plural autopsies)
    1. A dissection performed on a cadaver to find possible cause(s) of death.
    2. An after-the-fact examination, especially of the causes of a failure.

An autopsy was not performed, meaning that the family did not wish to know what the cause of death was. If 'died in her sleep' is good enough for you, then have that.
    I know good and darn well what the definition of autopsy is thanks.

But what I'm saying is there may have been something wrong with her, the family knew what it was, and simply chose not to release it to the public. Died in her sleep, or killed by some god-all-powerful stomach virus, we don't know if thats what really caused her death. Its fine with me, by you never know.

Anyway, lets move away from that subject, since this isnt exactly a thread ment to argue about how she died

boo836

I'm back?
    Years
    • Seen Nov 4, 2009
    Bulbapedia is one of the most reliable sites I've seen.

I can't believe that she died though, her meowth voice was more awesome than scarf nidoking. ;_;

We have all loved your voice Maddie, and we shall miss it and you.

Spinor

<i><font color="b1373f">The Lonely Physicist</font
    Years
    • Seen Feb 13, 2019
    Oh God. So she was the genius behind Meowth's awesome old voice? :(

This is very sad. I really can't believe it either. But it happens. It has to happen someday in and individual's life.

Back