• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Saddest Anime You Watched...:'(

Status
Not open for further replies.

KNC

Sir Demoknight
Years
    • Seen Jul 20, 2015
    Elfen Lied. Was the first thing to actually shock me, it also kinda awakened me. Probably the media with the biggest influence on me so far because it got me thinking.
    Also Higurashi no Naku Koro ni.

Years
    • Seen Jul 29, 2012
    Nabari No Ou, was definitely an impossibly sad one. Miharu Rokujo seems an ignorant boy at first, but appears to have some strong emotions at the end :'( So emotional :3

Sesh

Subjectively Objective
    Years
  • Hope I don't get shot if I say... Naruto! *ducks immediately* >.> I admit I don't go looking for anime often so I usually take a look at whatever is shoved in my face, Naruto did just that on Toonami and it was probably the first Anime I watched where they set everything up well enough for you to really care about the characters and unlike dbz since the deaths were permanent I really felt the heartache as I saw such great characters sacrifice themselves for their villages/friend/family namely of course the Third Hokage and plenty more to follow.

Arcanine

There is no "-tina"
    Years
  • Lots of anime make me cry, might it be for joy, or something happy, or maybe even a song at the right moment. But as sad episodes or moments there's a few that comes to mind... (and these aren't in any order of sadness, right now it'd be too hard to order them)

~ Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann
    Gurren Lagann is a series I wish I watched from day one. I started on it a month or two after it had ended, so there were spoilers. I likely would have cried a lot more had people not come right out and say "OMG it was so sad when ... happened" while commenting on YouTube vids... sort of like this thread, I see so many people that clearly doesn't know how to use the spoiler tag.
    I watched the series before it got really big around PC, but not soon enough for places like YouTube.
    Spoiler:

~ Clannad
    I started Clannad I believe 2 years after it first came out. And I think 7 months after After Story finished airing. So I was sort of behind with the series. But I'm surprised it wasn't spoiled more then what it was for me.
    Spoiler:

~ Clannad After Story
    Spoiler:

~ K-ON!!
    I know some people are thinking "K-ON? WTF? Why would that be sad?" but...
    Spoiler:

~ Ano Hi Mita Hana no Namae wo Bokutachi wa Mada Shiranai (AnoHana)
    Spoiler:

~ Angel Beats!
    I'm happy to say that I started Angel Beats on day one. So there was like no chance of spoilers (other then going to Random Curiosity before the torrent finished, because they were damn quick getting their posts up back then). Even to this day it's the only series where I wanted to see the episodes so bad that I'd jump on the torrent as soon as I could and watch it as soon as it finished. Normally when anime gets released I just wait for a download. But Angel Beats wasn't like that... I had to watch it as soon as I could.
    Spoiler:

I wanted to keep this short and sweet, but after I got started it kept going. Oh well, maybe someone will read my rambling... Maybe it would have made more sense had I not typed this up at 3am. XD

Chairman Kaga

living in the past
    Years
  • I just finished AnoHana a few days ago.

Spoiler:

Among recent stuff, I should also mention that episode seven of Kamisama Dolls was the single saddest episode of anything that I've seen in a good while. It raised the show from slightly-above-average to well above average for me.

Years
    • Seen May 21, 2012
    I cried like a baby at the ending of Glass Fleet, Le Chevalier D'Eon, Last Exile, and Kyo Kara Maoh (it ended on a good note, I just cried cause I'm a sap). There are probably a few others I am forgetting, but those are the ones I remember.

Kung Fu Ferret

The Unbound
    Years
  • Saddest? I think some death scenes from Digimon were pretty sad

One example from each season
    Adventure
    Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Tamers
    Spoiler:

Frontier
    Spoiler:

Savers
    Spoiler:

Xros Wars
    Spoiler:

Why must my favorites ALWAYS get killed?!

Years
    • Seen Sep 16, 2013
    Clannad After Story:
    Spoiler:

Angel Beats:
    Everythings already been said regarding Angel Beats and my experiences with it's tear jerker moments are the same as everybody elses

Ano Hana:
    Most of the series is littered with tearjerker moments, but Episode 11 will make you cry a glass and a half

Toradora!:
    The last few moments of the final episode, everytime...they get to me.

Melinda

[b][i][color=#fff]#teamsonia[/color][/i][/b]
    Years
    • Seen Sep 18, 2022
    The saddest Animes I've seen are Clannad: After Story and Angel Beats hands down.

My sister thought I was a sissy for crying, but I couldn't help it.
    I would usually go back and watch Animes I found really good, but I can't go back and watch those.

johnny18

Kiss Me Like It's Do or Die
    Years
  • There are a few episodes of anime that make me cry:
    pokemon: Bye bye butterfree
    D.Gray-man: Episode 5 - Sing me a lullaby
    Naruto: neiji vs. the spider guy
    ..........and so on

MuffinPaula

「PONPON!? ??
    Years
  • Clannad AS, Angel Beats!, Tegami Bachi,Tegami Bachi Reverse, Ano Hana, Ef ~A Tale of Memories~, Hanbun no Tsuki Ga Noboru Sora, Also to me Murder princess seems sad also some parts of Naruto as for movies.., Saishuu Heiki Kanoj

5 Centimeters
    Grave of the Fireflies

Tragedy is one of my favorite genre.

Last edited:

shengar

♥ Mikan Enthusiast ♥
    Years
    • Seen Jun 25, 2013
    Possibly AnoHana for me
    Puella Magi also quite tear jerking considering what Homura have done for Madoka ;_;

PokeshippingSuicune

This is Kagamine Territory!
    Years
  • The Grave of the Firefiles :(
    Oh.my.gosh. Its sooooooooooooooooo sad :(
    What made it sadder for me is that it what happened to those two sibling (I forgot their names I'm sorry) Actually happen in Hiroshima :(

And Fullmetal Alchemist is really sad as well, with Meas Hughe's death is just.....tear jerking

DexHolderBlue

The Sneaky Thief
    Years
  • I haven't watched a lot of anime, but for me it's .hack//Roots. The entire second half of the show was just depressing around everything involving the main character.

Raizhu

the end
    Years
    • Seen Feb 19, 2012
    *hardly watches any anime*
    The ending to Fullmetal Alchemist (the 2003 series) was pretty depressing, at least for me. I suppose it was supposed to be symbolizing Equivalent Exchange, but it was still pretty damn sad that the main characters had to leave everything behind. :|
    What really got to me were Winry's lines- "I guess this is goodbye forever, Edward."

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back