• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Sam's Quest: Dynamo League

Kyosuke

.·Simple Complexity
Years
Chapter 37: Can't Beat Pete!

"What are you doing on this fairy Kairi?" Sam asked after a moment of silence, when Slapmaster sunk himself in th water.

"Well, one of my replacements are taking over for me at the gym, and right now, I'm just going to relax in the next city which is basically a beach." Kairi said

"What is the next city anyways?" Lisa asked anxiously.

"Oh, its Bellowbeach City, but I woundn't really call it that since the whole place is a beach. Kairi responded.

The other guests on the boat eventully came back on deck, and were haing a good time.

About 40 minutes later, after seeing nothing but water and Magikarp hopping in and out of the water, land was clearly visible which was a sandy yellow island, with houses and people lying on beach towels enjoying the sun.

"Welcome to Bellowbeach city everyone." the captian said flatly.

The boat slowly stopped at the harbour, and everyone was allowed to leave the boat and exit through the dock.

Kairi suddenly disappeaed and the trio went on their way, walking through the beach. On the beach, there were small shops where you could rent speedboat to go power sailing, or water surfing.

"Ugh... my shoes are full of sand already." Lisa said annoyed.

"Well what do you expect, where on a beach and you don't see anyone else wearing shoes." Jamie said.

"I don't feel like changing, all we have to do is just empty out our shoes when we leave." Sam said.

Nearby, there was some cheering going on, the group followed the sound and it eventully led to a huge crowd of people, atching a battle. Sam, Lisa, and Jamie walked through the gathering to see what the big fuss was about.

As expected, a pokemon battle was underway with a trainer with, wild black hair, sunglasses on his forehead, and a confident face. He wore red sandals, with shiny blue and white shorts, and a zig-zagged white and black shirt. He was using a average looking Nidorino.

The female trainer he was facing, looked a bit like a nerd, with big round glasses, suspenders, and tight brown pants. She was using a Magnemite against him.

"Nidorino horn attack!" The male trainer said.

The purple pokemon fired off some of its needle tipped horns at Magnemite, not harming it much.

"Hmm... he must be a beginner." Sam mumbled to himself.

"Magnemite, thunderbolt!" She said.

Magnemite closed its eyes, and fired off its thunderbolt that shook Nidorino up pretty badly.

"Shake it off!" The male trainer said.

Nidorino quickly shook off the effects and jumped in the air, the horn on its head started to spin rapidly, looking like a drill.

"Huh?" The young trainer asked confused. He took out his pokedex that exactly like Sam's! Sam was clueless on how he has the exact same one, when he had his own right in his pocket.

Horn Drill; Horn drill is a attack that can faint the opposing pokemon in one hit, when learned at a high level.

"Wow! Pete is cool!" A voice in the crowd said.

"He's the best trainer in the world!" Another voice said

"Ok then, Nidorino Horn Drill!" Pete yelled.

The tip of Nidorino's horn shined quickly, before his devastating drill went towards Magnemite.

"No why would you use that on a steel type....." Sam said quietly.

Magnemite was feeling much from the drill, until Nidorino tired harder and harder, putting more pressure on itself and Magnemite, unitl the attack took over the battle and spun Magnemite like a top.

Nidorino's horn was very dulled from the attack, and proberly wouldn't be able to cause any damage if used again without being treated.

"Magnemite....." Magnemite droned before fainting.

The female trainer returned her pokemon and stormed off in the distance.

Everyone crowded around Pete chantting his name, "Pete!" "Pete!" Pete!" "Pete!".

"Yes thank you, thank you, I know there is noone who can beat my skills." Pete said arragantly.

"Ametuer...." Sam said quietly.

This time, Pete heard what Sam said, and reponded to it.

"Ametuer, noone has defeated me in battle yet, you fool." Pete said.

"Ya! Nobody can beat Pete!" A voice shouted.

"You think your so good but I haven't lost a battle either, and I just need one more badge to compete in the Dynamo League." Sam said.

"I don't care how many badges you have, you still can't beat me." Pete said.

"Let's battle then, you won't have a chance fool." Pete said...

Is Pete really as strong as he says he is? Find out in the next chapter.

Kyosuke

.·Simple Complexity
Years
Chapter 38: First lost, Or first gain?

"Lets battle already!" Pete said.

"Hmph... I don't even know why I'm wasting my time.." Sam said confidently.

"Er... you say something like that again, and I'll sock you!" Pete yelled, by the way he is speaking, you can tell he has a southern accent.

"Anyway.... this will be a 2-on-2 battle, and the winner will be declared the better trainer. Sam announced.

Lisa has never seen Sam like this before, for all the years she has known him. He is acting very confident on all the words that come out of his mouth.

"Go Nidoking!" Pete yelled.

"Ya go Pete, nobody can beat you!" a voice yelled in the crowd.

"Croconaw go!" Sam yelled.

Nidoking growled at Croconaw to try and scare it, Croconaw stood there in battle position, ready to beat it.

"Nidoking, Thrash! Pete scoffed.

Nidoking ran, charging towards Croconaw with its fist in the air. Croconaw kept his eye on its fist to when Nidoking would attack.

"Croconaw....." Sam said confidently, signaling what its suppose to do.

Just when Nidoking was ready to strike Croconaw, its eye twinkled, then it jumped high in the air, right above Nidoking's head.

"Now watergun!" Sam yelled.

Croconaw, fired off its blue steam of power water, that went directly on Nidoking's upper body, sending it hurling to the ground.

"Oh no, your not going to win that easily." Pete assured Sam.

Nidoking quickly got up, and didn't show any effects of the attack.

"You will see whay I am undefeated." Pete said, "Nidoking Earthquake!"

Nidoking jumped high in the air, and landed heavily on the ground, making a huge crater in the sand. Even though it was still sand, Croconaw felt the full effects from the attack.

Sam's pokemon was starting to walk around dizzily, and losing its balance.

"Come on now, focus!" Sam yelled encouraging.

"Now Thrash!" Pete yelled with grim confidence.

Nidoking then started to charge at Croconaw again, and used its powerful attack.

There was a barrage of punches and kicks, that looked to painful to watch. Nidoking worked himself over its limits, and was dizzy itself.

Surprisingly, Nidoking quickly shook off the dizziness, and was ready for more action.

Croconaw was still on the ground, squirming around and twiching around.

"Get up Croconow please!" Sam yelled in desperation.

Croconaw only lifted its chin, but coundn't move any diffrent part of its body, and then droped its head in the soft sand.

"Hmph...." Sam mumbled.

"I have been training my Nidoking when I was only 4, it started out as an abandoned nidoran, and it slowly evolved into a Nidorino, and when my grandfather gave me a moon stone, I used it to evolve it into what you see today." Pete explained.

Thunder and lightning clouds were forming, and it looked like it was about to rain.

Sam returned his fallen Croconaw, and thought about who he would use next.

"Go Kadabra!" Sam shouted.

"Nidoking tackle!" Pete yelled.

Nidoking ran towards Kadabra, but Sam didn't know much about Kadabra's and was just about clueless on what to do.

Nidoking, ran and ran, until it crashed into something that was not seen.

"A ha! That must have been barrier!" Sam said happily.

Nidoking rubbed its head frantactly, in the pain it was in.

The dark clouds were getting worse, and there were loud Thunder and lighting bolts going off in the distance, all of Pete's fans sticked around to see the outcome of the battle.

Knowing little about Kadabra, Sam just yelled out a attack he heard Kadabra's could do.

"Psybeam!" Sam yelled.

The yellow blast that was fired from Kadabra's forehead, went straight into Nidoking's chest and sent it flying into a nearby Palm tree.

Nidoking sat on the ground with its head droupping down, and eventully got up waiting for Pete's command.

"Alright then, its a psychic pokemon so fissure!" Pete yelled.

The crowd gasped and stood there ground.

"Quick, barrier!" Sam screamed.

Nidoking ran around in circles, slowly gaining more and more speed, then leaped high in the air, and dropped on the ground heavily. Its attack made a massive crate in the ground, the was as big as 40 meters long!

The attack was pushing heavily on Kadabra's barrier, draining more and more of its strength, until there was a loud break, as if glass had been broken, it was the barrier attact that broke apart, and the fisssure attack impacted Kadabra's body, that it went flying upwards in the air, and back on the ground, sinking it deep in the sand.

Nidoking itself, was very physically exausted, but didn't want to give up his pride.

The thunder and lightning, finally caused a heavy rain storm. All of Pete's fans went running in all directions to seek shelter, however, the trainers stayed right where they were.

"Its not safe out here Sam, we should go." Jamie said.

"You go with Lisa, in the nearby pokecenter, and I'll be there soon." Sam said, with his clothes soaked in rainwater.

"But....." Lisa said.

"Don't worry about me, I've been through worse." Sam chuckled.

"You never cease to amaze me...." Lisa thought to herself, before heading out with Jamie.

"You are a real trainer, to not mind battling in serious weather like this." Pete complemented.

"Trust me I've been through worse." Sam responded.

The rainwater was weakening Nidoking slowly, to the point where it had less strength then Kadabra.

"One more time Kadabra, Psybeam!" Sam yelled in the heavy rain.

Kadabra charged itself, and fired off a massive Psybeam that was the size of Nidoking's head.

It hit Nidoking right in the face, and Nidoking was starting to loose it.

"No Nidoking, hold on we can beat him together!....." Pete yelled.

"Nidoking had a flashback to the da he was found under a tree in the same weather as this, they were both lost and didn't know what to do. Pete found it when it was a Nidoran, and spent the night sleeping with it to keep warm until the next morning. The next morning Pete didn't know what to do, and stayed with Nidoran for protection, unitl he found his parents, his parents decided they would keep it for Pete, and become his first pokemon.

Nidoking snapped out of its flashback, and the pressue from the attack was sending it back more and more, and bringing down its strength. It roared and fired off a orange beam, the was the site of its whole body, and sent Kadabra flying off right into Sam, fainting it instantly.

Sam coundn't bealve that he had lost by only one pokemon, but wasn't that dissapointed, as he now knew the story behind Nidoking.

Nidoking also dropped to the ground in exaustion.

"You are a great trainer, I take back all the things I said about you Pete." Sam said.

"Thanks! Your really good yourself, and good luck in the Dynamo League!" Pete said.

With those words he ran off, to a shelter, before the storm got even worse.

Sam also took off, but didn't rush, but walked slowly to take in the heavy rain storm....

Sam had his first lost, will he loose again? Find out in the next chapter.

Kyosuke

.·Simple Complexity
Years
Chapter 39: Would I try to Sleep on Wood?

(Note: This will be a short chapter, and the other will come soon)

Sam was still walking through the rain, but couldn't find any near shelters, the rain was getting worse and lighting was starting to violently strike in wild directions all over the soaking wet beach.

Sam thought of a idea, and released his fallen Kadabra, even though there were no pokecenters, Sam still had some potions from when he first started his journey.

Kadabra, was on the gound fall and still not moving, and Sam put the top of the potion into Kadabra's mouth, and poured in the strength rejuvination, and Kadabra slowly opened its eyes.

"Kadabra, this rain is horrible, can you made a barrier that I can walk with safely?" Sam asked his pokemon.

Kadabra, was fully awake and slowly stood up, spreading out its arms.

Suddenly Sam was in a Dome, which seemed to completely cover his body from the heavy rainstorm, with Kadabra behind him with its spoon, controlling the barrier.

"Thank you Kadabra." Sam said greatfully.

Kadabra just nodded and went back to focusing on the barrier.

Sam started to walk confidently, with his pokemon following behind him, and was completely safe from the storm.

There was a path that seemed to continue past the eye, and Sam decided to follow it, as it might lead to a shelter.

After following the path for awhile, there were housetops visible from where he was standing. He continued to walk and eventully reached a beat-up building, with letters falling off, the letters that were not fallen off said, "kmn ctr", Sam was puzzled and decided to bravily walk in, knowing that he had his pokemon with him to defend him.

When Sam went inside the pitch black area, there were spiderwebs and broken furniture all over the area, there was a scratched and stained desk that had a title on it, that was covered in dust, Sam blowed away the dust and it read, "Welcome to the BellowBeach City Pokemon Center", Sam was shocked and surprised, and turned to his pokemon.

"Well Kadabra, it looks like this is the nearest shelter here, so it would be wise if we stayed the night here." Sam said calmly.

Kadabra nodded, followed by a quick, "Dabra!"

There were rooms that were in the abbondoned pokecenter for trainers, that Sam quickly discovered, the mattreses were all gone, and all that was there was a hard wooden board.

Sam used his small backpack as a pillow, and had no choice, but to rest on the board, Kadabra didn't seem to want to go back in its pokeball, and slept on the board with Sam...

Will Sam have a goodnight sleep, or will he encounter a problem? Find out in the next chapter.

Kyosuke

.·Simple Complexity
Years
Chapter 40: Shadow Ball Capture

Sam suddenly woke up in the pitch black darkness, and felt around, and could tell that Kadabra was still laying beside him.

He could feel a strange presence around him with made him wake up, it was powerful and it felt evil.

Sam decided to stay awake looked at his backlit, pokegear, it said that is was 2:34 am, and he could tell it was right, by the window that was in the room, that only showed the dim moon in the sky, and saw a strange creature with horns, howling at the moon.

The evil presence grew stronger, as each minute went by, and Sam decided to go and investigate, he won't up his sleeping Kadabra, and they both went trailing into the darkness.

Suddenly, a there a bright light and Sam's heart jumped, frightend and confused. He went closer and closer to the light, and just saw a candle, with a gold holder, holding it.

Sam presumed it was a ghost and looked around frantically, as the evil spirt was stronger then ever. A chair was lifted and struck Sam in the back, causing him to drop to the ground painfully.

"Errr..." Kadabra growled, with its spoon in its hand.

Something finally appeared that looked like it was made of gas with big eyes, and a long pink tounge hanging out.

Sam searched around his pockets and found his Pokedex.

Before he could even open it, he felt and seen it gently rise in the air out of reach, then crumble into pieces.

He was stunned and as angry as a hornet!

"Why you!!" He yelled as he brought his fist to the gas creature's face.

"Gastly!" It laughed, as Sam's fist went through it.

"What?!", "Kadabra, psybeam that thing!" Sam said erritated.

Kadabra fired off his Psybeam, which quickly got rid of the nuisance.

"Hmm... Gastly.... I think I remember when Prof. Ben told me that they are gast pokemon." Sam pondered.

Just then, another light appeared and Sam knew what was going to happen. He slowly followed it with his trusty pokemon, and anoher Gastly appeared.

"Psybeam!" Sam said without hesistation.

Kadabra did his usual thing, and like before, the Gastly dissapeared.

Another light followed in the distance, which seem to be some sort of dungeon, Gastly and even sometimes Haunter would show up, and Kadabra would do its Psybeam, to quickly get rid of the inexperianced pokemon.

Finally after, countless battles, Sam reached a dead end, with candles being lit, all around the place, and a huge boulder which seemed to trap both Sam and Kadabra.

A pokemon turned around and said, "Gengar...."

The Gengar quickly attacked Kadabra with Shadow ball, which seemed to hurt it really bad, even though there are type advantages with Sam's psychic pokemon.

Sam, suddenly thought of what a great pokemon Gengar would be, and decided to battle it.

"Not without a fight...." A errie voice said.

Gengar finally, shot off a gigantic Shadow ball, which Kadabra countered with, and there was a huge explosion, Sam thought that he would cath it and though out a pokeball, which landed on the ground before he blacked out.

When he woke up he was outside, and the sun was about to rise, he saw his kadabra onthe ground and a pokeball beside him, that was somehow black.

Sam knew what happened and looked at his new black pokeball in awe....

Did Sam catch a new pokemon? Find out in the next chapter.

Years
  • Age 36
  • Seen Jul 12, 2004
Hey

:) :knockedou This is one of the best stories that i have ever read .Keep up the great work.

Kyosuke

.·Simple Complexity
Years
Hey thanks alot, it makes it all worth while when people actully read it, and I hear comments like that ^^.

Kyosuke

.·Simple Complexity
Years
Ok I will ^^.

See, from chapter 30-40, I've always did it at the last minute, before I had to do somehing. I guess I'll try to spend more time on it now XP.

Kyosuke

.·Simple Complexity
Years
Chapter 41: Dark Shadow!

After Sam realized that he caught a new pokemon, he deicded to check out his newly caught Gengar and dropped the red and white pokeball on the ground. BOOM! It was there was a dark spirit explosion right in his face.

Dark spirites wandered in al direction, until a Gengar finally appeared with its back turned, standing up.

"Wow it looks like your my new pokemon!" Sam said happily.

Gengar turned around and didn't seem to please about Sam. Gengar slowly raised its hand and fired off a small Shadowball, that was heading staight for Sam!

There was absoluly nothing Sam could do, and he stood there helpless.

Kadabra suddenly popped out its pokeball, and shielded Sam with its body, the attack sent Kadabra back a few feet, that also effected Sam.

Both Sam and Kadabra was hurt, but Kabadbra was more, by the bruises and smoke that was comming off its body.

"Gengar!!" It yelled before disapearing in the distance.

"Don't worry about it Kadabra.... we'll be just fine." Sam said to his fallen pokemon.

"Dabra....." It moaned in his arms.

After returning his loyal pokemon back to his pokeball, he decided to find out where the main part of the city is.

He followed signs that hinted that the main area was nearby, and before he knew it, he reached a pokemon Center.

There was no door, but just a passage that was indended to be a entrance, or even a proper roof for that matter. There was Tailow's flying in and out of the center, through the half roof that the center had.

The only thing that is contained was a machine that would heal your pokemon, and no nurse or anyody in fact.

Sam followed the easy navigation and had his pokemon healed.

Suddenly, there were screams going on outside, Sam rushed outside to investigate and found that the Gengar that he had enco}ntered was terrgrising the city.

People were running around, and trainers were trying to battle off the Gengar with their pokemon, but failed miserably due to the great power of the pokemon.

A woman stood behind Sam with a white wand with a green jewel attached to the top.

"Oh no... the spirit of Dark Shadow...." She said in a Jamaician accent.

"What?" Sam asked confused.

"The spirit of the Dark Shadow, it only effects ghost type pokemon and gives then awesome power or "Poke Power" as what it is suppose to be called, but is unknown to why it does it, we had problems with this Gengar before but no trainer has ever been as strong enough to stand a chance against it my child." The Woman explained, "I have come close to releasing this evil power from this pokemon, but never had enough time tie complete it."

"What If I battle it, and you try to cleanse it?" Sam asked.

"I don't know my child, it might be too dangerous for such a young person as you." The Chantler explained.

"Trust me, I've battled it before, I think I can take it, just please give me a chance." Sam pleaded.

"Ok, we don't have much time lets do it!" She yelled.

"Kadbra go!" Sam yelled.

Gengar stopped it terror, and focused its attention on Kadabra.

"Gengar...." It Smiled.

"Dabra...." It responded.

Kababra fired off a psybeam that was quickly deflected by Gengar, and Gengar repsonded with a Nightshade, that actully caused Kababra to drop its metal spoon!

"Just keep distracting it....." The female Chantler said.

"I don't know how long Kadabra can last, but I'll do my best." Sam said confidently.

"You might have to use a little stratagy to just distract it, but don't get over confident because there is almost no pokemon that is as strong as this Gengar, it is hiding its true strength of Poke Power." She said

"Hmm...." Sam thought, then he thought of a brillient idea!

"Kadabra Barrier!" Sam commanded.

Kadabra concentracted before creating a barrier that covered it body.

"Run to to Gengar now!" Sam said.

Kadabra seemed puzzled about this command, but did it anyway.

Gengar, was preparing another Shadow ball to finish off Sam's pokemon.

"Now Psybeam!" Sam screamed.

Kadabra quickly fired off a psybeam that caught Gengar completely off guard, and made it loose its balance.

The woman then started to make her move to Gengar with her white wand.

"Now Psychic!!!" Sam shreiked.

Kabadra had to concentrate a little, until its eyes went completely light blue, and a light aura surrounded its body, together with the barrier it was still doing.

"Great Power...." The Chanter thought in amazement.

Gengar was completely helpless and and was being controlled by the Gengar.

Suddenly, the Poke Power or "Dark Shadow" started to take effect and Gengar broke free of the mind control. But for some reason, Gengar was then being controlled again by Kababra, and another force helping it!

It turns out that it was Sam, who was stunned himself on what he was doing.

"Now!!" The Chanter said.

The Chantler raised her wand to the Gengar, and many the dark spirirts left its body leaving Gengar sore and weak from the withdrawl.

Sam knew this was the perfect time to re-catch Gengar, and threw the black pokeball at it.

The pokeball enclosed Gengar, and after shaking a few times, it changed to the normal color and a red and white pokeball!

Sam's body coundn't handle the pressure of mind control, and he collasped to the ground.

"Brave child, I shall take care of you...." The woman with the Jamaicain accent said.

She picked up his newlty caught pokemon, and lifted Sam to her nearby house....

Does Sam really have the power of true telekinesis? Find out in the next chapter....

Dragon Man

Milk and Cookies!
Years
I really love your story. On a scale of 1 to 10, 10 being the best I rate it a 10. Keep up the great work. I can't wait until until Sam and Lisa battle the 9th Gym Leader.

Omega-Brendan

Bahamut's Owner
Years
Yadda I can't wait for the next chapter too....... but Something I disliked about the beginning.............................

Sam kept getting the good Pokemon- I.E Magby, Larvitar, Totodile and didn't get the weaker ones.... but who cares? It's making the story good!

Kyosuke

.·Simple Complexity
Years
I was going to start off by giving him weak pokemon, but to me as long as their in their first evoultion stage, its fine with me XP.

Back