• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Saver or Spender?

Years
    • Seen Nov 6, 2023
    Well, I'm basically somewhere in between, however I'd probably fall under the "Spender" category. If I want something, I'll save until I have enough money, then spend it right away. When there's any money left over, I usually spend it on something random that catches my attention though, the main reason I'd call myself a spender.

charizard_maa

Queen Chair
    Years
    Spender. Clearly.

Just a week ago me and my friends were at a Waldenbooks and they were having a 'Buy one manga, get the other half price' so I looked and didn't find the manga I was looking for but saw they had another one I wanted. So I did that deal for there. Then we went to a Books A Million and I saw the manga I wanted and just broke down and got two of those too.

Then there is me saying I want to bring my own lunch to save money...Yeah. Not working.

Here is a positive about that. I am helping the US economy. haha

Years
    These days, I tend to spend more than save. It's not like "let's buy this $50 item", but more like "let's buy a bunch of junk food", because I'm a sad kid like that. The things I really want are super expensive, and I'm just too lazy to save up. Pity, really, as I might've had enough for a laptop at this rate. XD;;

When I only got allowance, I usually saved, as I wanted stuff like video games. Most are over $20, which is how much I got every two weeks. Still did the junk food thing, though.

Lucy Lu

Keep On Moving Foward...
    Years
    • Seen Mar 6, 2014
    Last year I started saving, and I saved enough to get a DS Lite, a few games, and a digital camera. That was my plan. Saving part of my tax return and stimulus check came in handy. I tend to save money if there is something I want to get that I can't get with my salary alone. Before I used to be a big spender. Once I get the money, I tend to spend it all. Not anymore though. I save it. That is why I have a saving and checking account. My savings is where I save my money on stuff I want. My checking is for food and bills. D: I HATE BILLS!

Last edited:

Megaera

stop calling me d:
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Mar 30, 2015
    Well I'm a spender for sure but I can save money if I'm needed one. But right now Spender for me!

Years
    • Seen Feb 14, 2016
    Well I have a new years resolution to not spend more money.
    I am spender ever since but today I'm a saver.

Dark Azelf

☽𖤐☾𓃶𐕣
    Years
    • Seen today
    Im more of a saver, since you never know when it will come in handy further down the road.

Anti

return of the king
    Years
    I used to be an insane spender and then I realized my LEGO collection was complete and I didn't want anything anymore. I rarely spend any money I get anymore, which is a good thing because I hardly get any money anymore X]

Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Jul 17, 2012
    I'm definitely a saver. I do sometimes spend more than I should, but that doesn't happen often. I've always been pretty good at saving money. There's been a few times that it's been a good thing I had some money saved up (I hate unexpected expenses).

The Dark Knight

Gotham's Watchful Protector
    Years
    I usually save up around £40 for a new game, then save up another £40. At the moment I'm saving up for an Xbox 360.

technicals

it never happened.
    Years
    • Seen May 5, 2009
    I usually spend a fair amount of money, but I really should save it for later times. But I went shopping today and I couldn't resit this pretty little coat for myself... /shot But yeah, I'm trying to save more often now.

zel 2.0

Gold Remaker
    Years
    I'm a big saver, part because it's an habit I got from my mom, and part because it's not like there's always something that I want to buy. But, since I save so much, when there's something I actually want to buy, I'm sure I'll have the money enough to get it, it makes sense to me.

Back