• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Scarf's Pixels

Years
    This is Scarf's Pixel Portfolio Again

Welcome.

Thank you for viewing my fabulous humble collection of pixel work. Some of what you see below was made for hacks and other games, but mostly I do this for the fun of it. Please don't steal, but feel free to leave comments, constructive criticism, requests, insults, family recipes and anything else you can think of.

Fakémon:
    Hover over them for the blurbs.

[???=Shuntose (Water) (Sea Cucumber Fakémon): When frightened it may expel its insides to ward off predators. It lives on the sea floor.]
    Scarf's Pixels
    [/???] [???=Dazetail (Normal) (Flower Tail Fakémon): It likes to lick the pollen left by bees attracted to its tail.]
    Scarf's Pixels
    [/???] [???=Mintorn (Ice/Fighting) (Candy Stick Fakémon): Its horns are made of hardened sugar. It often visits settled areas in search of sweet foods.]
    Scarf's Pixels
    [/???] [???=Marimon (Grass/Water) (Algae Fakémon): Groups of Marimon gather at the bottom of lakes in winter when the surface freezes.]
    Scarf's Pixels
    [/???] [???=Siliphone (Ground) (Sound Wave Fakémon): Siliphone smooth out tunnels to help communicate with each other over great distances.]
    Scarf's Pixels
    [/???] [???=Capricone (Rock) (Mountain Goat Fakémon): It will try to reach the top of any mountain. If it falls, it immediately gets up and tries again.]
    Scarf's Pixels
    [/???]
    [???=Winkap (Poison/Psychic) (Bedtime Fakémon): People who sleep in the vicinity of this Pokemon often wake up feeling nauseous.]
    Scarf's Pixels
    [/???] [???=Gravikey (Psychic/Steel) (Doorway Fakémon): This Pokemon came from outer space. It is said to know the secrets of anyone it meets.]
    Scarf's Pixels
    [/???] [???=Jellusk (Water) (Jelly Fakémon): To keep from being carried away by currents a Jellusk uses its tentacles to latch onto stronger

Pokemon.]
    Scarf's Pixels
    [/???] [???=Cerispeck (Grass/Bug) (Planter Fakémon): It crawls along fields planting them with seeds from the grain that grows on its back.]
    Scarf's Pixels
    [/???] [???=Marchase (Dragon) (Running Fakémon): These Pokemon love to challenge each other to races. Large herds of Marchase sometimes cause earthquakes.]
    Scarf's Pixels
    [/???] [???=Abysail (Water) (Deep Sea Fakémon): This Pokemon lives near deep sea vents. It can withstand greater pressures than any creature.]
    Scarf's Pixels
    [/???]
    [???=Littoril (Water) (Tide Pool Fakémon): A Littoril's entire body reacts very quickly to stimuli. It is easily frightened.]
    Scarf's Pixels
    [/???] [???=Chartail (Electric) (Guide Fakémon): The magnetic feather on its head always points north. It never gets lost.]
    Scarf's Pixels
    [/???] [???=Baubloat (Water) (Buoy Fakémon): (description pending)]
    Scarf's Pixels
    [/???] [???=Zardust (Ground) (Dirt Fakémon): (description pending)]
    Scarf's Pixels
    [/???] [???=Clocket (Grass) (Luck Fakémon): (description pending)]
    Scarf's Pixels
    [/???] [???=Clolly (Grass) (Rag Doll Fakémon): (description pending)]
    Scarf's Pixels
    [/???]

Now showing off backsprites

Scarf's Pixels
    Scarf's Pixels

Fakémon for other folks:
    Look, but don't touch.

[???=????: What is this unknown Fakémon? Even I don't know.]
    Scarf's Pixels
    [/???]
    Made for [url-inline="member.php?u=86571"]PokemonOI[/url-inline] for Pokemon: Malachite!
    design by Scarf

[???=????]
    Scarf's Pixels
    [/???] [???=???]
    Scarf's Pixels
    [/???] [???=????]
    Scarf's Pixels
    [/???] [???=????]
    Scarf's Pixels
    [/???] [???=????]
    Scarf's Pixels
    [/???]
    Made for [url-inline="member.php?u=94305"]{Swan}[/url-inline]
    designs by {Swan}

[???=Lickitung prevo]
    Scarf's Pixels
    Scarf's Pixels
    [/???]
    Made for [url-inline="member.php?u=119675"]Manipulation[/url-inline] for Pokémon Sienna
    design by Scarf

[???=Aerodactyl prevo]
    Scarf's Pixels
    [/???] [???=???]
    Scarf's Pixels
    [/???] [???=???]
    Scarf's Pixels
    [/???]
    Made for Pokémon Sienna
    designs by ???

Other Sprites:
    Nothing special.

Scarf's Pixels
    [???=Much scratch work, originally based on a Cool Trainer]
    Scarf's Pixels
    [/???]

[???=Mill, Current, Park, Shore, Stage, Memory, Fuel, and Star badges.]
    Scarf's Pixels
    [/???]

Region Maps:
    Still nothin' special.

Scarf's Pixels

D/P/P style map.

Scarf's Pixels
    Scarf's Pixels

R/S/E style map and a failed attempt at an original mapping style.

Scarf's Pixels
    Scarf's Pixels

Another evolving mapping style.

Fusions/Edits:
    Always in a state of unfinishedness.

[???=Rocket Grunt + Cool Trainer + some other stuff + scratch work.]
    Scarf's Pixels
    [/???] [???=Magnezone rescaled]
    Scarf's Pixels
    [/???]

Scarf's Pixels

Thanks to everyone who responds. You're most definitely awesome.
    (probably)

Last edited:

Curt_09

Also known as Chozo
    Years
    Wow, these are really great. I don't know what to say.
    You really know when and when not to checkerboard.

Years
    • Seen May 5, 2024
    The fakemons are amazing, they only need a basic idea with them. The shading is, perfect. And the world maps are great too, but the South part of the Sinnoh map is kinda empty. D=
    Keep up! =>

Years
    Those are great! How long have you been doing spriting/art?
    Thank you. I've been working since I came to this site.

The fakemons are amazing, they only need a basic idea with them. The shading is, perfect. And the world maps are great too, but the South part of the Sinnoh map is kinda empty. D=
    Keep up! =>
    Yay, critical response. Yeah, there is a glaring gap at the map's bottom. I based the D/P/P map on a piece of real geography, but it wasn't the best choice I could have made. If/when I get around to touching it up I'll definitely put an island or something there.

By basic idea do you mean giving them names and blurbs and that sort of thing?

Years
    Update! A few more D/P style maps which should be better than my first one.

First one done for Curt_09. Second one done for fun.

Scarf's Pixels

Scarf's Pixels

Comments on these and the others always welcome.

Lady Berlitz

Cinnamon ♪
    Years
    Thank you. I've been working since I came to this site.
    Seriously? You've only been spriting for two months? That's unbelievable; if it's true. ;S

Anyway, your sprites are all brilliant. I especially like your "sea cucumber" sprite because it just looks so smooth. The black outlines add that extra roughness to make the sprite look a lot more distinct and better. It looks like it came right out of a Mother game. ;o

I like how you've based your sprites off of random objects, like an amplifier, or a key, or a pair of pajamas. A few of them need work; mainly the bull, the amp, the key and the jellyfish. All I can say is to work on your outlines on most of them. ;)

Years
    That's fantastic work! I love looking at pixel art!
    Why thank you. I do as well.

Seriously? You've only been spriting for two months? That's unbelievable; if it's true. ;S

Anyway, your sprites are all brilliant. I especially like your "sea cucumber" sprite because it just looks so smooth. The black outlines add that extra roughness to make the sprite look a lot more distinct and better. It looks like it came right out of a Mother game. ;o

I like how you've based your sprites off of random objects, like an amplifier, or a key, or a pair of pajamas. A few of them need work; mainly the bull, the amp, the key and the jellyfish. All I can say is to work on your outlines on most of them. ;)
    I thought my bull and amp were some of my better ones. I guess that's why I ask for others' opinions. Okay. Outlines. Check.

Seriously. Two months, though I've done other computer art stuff before and I'm a perfectionist patient, so don't think I'm some spriting prodigy. It took me a lot of time to make those.

Years
    Reply and small update.
    In wish the Pokemon games had as many cities and towns as you do on these, bravo! great job
    Thanks. Didn't think I was putting in more than an average number.

Here's the update, a couple of tiny badges:

Scarf's Pixels

The Mill badge, Current badge, Park badge, Shore badge, Stage badge, Memory badge, Fuel badge, and Star badge

ThePastaThrower

...Is adding extra meatballs..
    Years
    Looks pretty damn awesome. For the Fakemon: A teeny tiny bit of polishing on the outlines. I'll go in order:

Spoiler:

Did I mention these are all awesome? If you need images to explain all this, please tell me. These are all superb, just a few minor complaints.

You are one of the best spriters I've seen lately. Keep up the awesome work!

Luka S.J.

Jealous Croatian
    Years
    I like the fakemon, they look very much alive so I could kinda imagine them in real life. Although the amp one scares me, it looks at me like it's going to shoot me with a cannonball.

Years
    Looks pretty damn awesome. For the Fakemon: A teeny tiny bit of polishing on the outlines. I'll go in order:

Spoiler:

Did I mention these are all awesome? If you need images to explain all this, please tell me. These are all superb, just a few minor complaints.

You are one of the best spriters I've seen lately. Keep up the awesome work!
    It's like I was blind to everything you've pointed out. Or maybe I didn't want to see. Thank you for all of that. I really appreciate the level detail you went to. I think I've understood everything.

I don't suppose I can hold off on fixing those outlines and shaded areas now.

I like the fakemon, they look very much alive so I could kinda imagine them in real life. Although the amp one scares me, it looks at me like it's going to shoot me with a cannonball.
    I suppose realism is better than looking fake, even though they're fakemon. Thank you and don't worry, no cannonballs here.

Years
    Update! Some retouched sprites with the originals for comparison. I will try to get all of them touched up eventually.

Scarf's Pixels

Changed the shading and outlines.

Scarf's Pixels

Changed the colors a bit, the angle of the head, the shape of the tail, and the outlines. And gave it teeth.

Scarf's Pixels

Smoothed out some of the rough edges.

Chesu

Boss Carrot
    Years
    Haha, wow... I remember in early June, when you said you'd made Shuntose using one of my tutorials... you've gotten a lot done since then! I especially like Dazetail... it kind of makes me wish I'd given Marchare a more jerboa-esque design. You also seem to have a knack for naming them the way Nintendo of America does; changing the names from Japanese, Marimon would probably have been one of the ones they left alone.

The only real problem I see is with outlines. The outlines on Mintorn's arms and Jellusk's tentacles get kind of iffy where thin, and there are a few spots on Marchase that look jaggy... though that may be due to the way it's shaded.

Unrelated to this thread... Location: ジパング? Puttin' on the old world charm, eh?

Years
    Haha, wow... I remember in early June, when you said you'd made Shuntose using one of my tutorials... you've gotten a lot done since then! I especially like Dazetail... it kind of makes me wish I'd given Marchare a more jerboa-esque design. You also seem to have a knack for naming them the way Nintendo of America does; changing the names from Japanese, Marimon would probably have been one of the ones they left alone.

The only real problem I see is with outlines. The outlines on Mintorn's arms and Jellusk's tentacles get kind of iffy where thin, and there are a few spots on Marchase that look jaggy... though that may be due to the way it's shaded.

Unrelated to this thread... Location: ジパング? Puttin' on the old world charm, eh?
    Old world charm indeed. I'm glad you enjoyed the names, too. I spent more time than I probably should have coming up with them. And I was thinking more kangaroo rat than jerboa, but they're not really that different.

Like a wolf you've targeted the weakest of my herd. Jellusk and Marchase are likely to need overhauls whereas the rest are probably okay with touch-up work. Outlines seem to be my weak point :\ I think I'm getting better though.

Seriously, you can't undervalue a good tutorial.

Back