• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Scarf's Pixels

Years
    • Seen Apr 21, 2013
    Very good sprites. I really liked how they were.
    Palettes go great with them.
    Follow doing so good sprites!

Chipdachimchar

Chimchar Master
    Years
    Haven't really had time to do much. Just some work in progress to keep my thread open.

Scarf's Pixels

An unfinished edit of a rocket grunt. Not much to say.

Scarf's Pixels

A sort of finished backsprite to my last fakemon. I'm still new to this backsprite stuff.

Scarf's Pixels

Since I was already uploading I'm throwing in this very rough outline of a turtle fakemon. At this stage it's looking like it's going to be crossed with a buoy.

And that's it for now.
    You know on the bird that on the front sprite the thing on its head dangles backwards on the back sprite it dangles forward

Chesu

Boss Carrot
    Years
    You know on the bird that on the front sprite the thing on its head dangles backwards on the back sprite it dangles forward

The arrow on its head works like a compass needle, always pointing... North, I believe Scarf Galatea said. The front and back sprites both have to show it pointing in the same on-screen direction.

Years
    Xx holy crap that's good down to the shading. Even the turns and sides up to size value you got it all. Not calling you a god but dam!? xX

I rarely come to this section, but I came across your work and would just like to say "Great Job!"

Very good sprites. I really liked how they were.
    Palettes go great with them.
    Follow doing so good sprites!
    Thanks. Thanks. And thanks. Sorry I'm so late in saying so.

The arrow on its head works like a compass needle, always pointing... North, I believe Scarf Galatea said. The front and back sprites both have to show it pointing in the same on-screen direction.
    That was the reason I did, but it does look funny. Not funny, bad. It looks bad sticking out that way. If I could make it look better I'd keep it that direction, but it really would make for a better backsprite if I just reversed it like everything else and let the rest slide.

Still on hiatus - the creative block is as strong as ever - but I shouldn't let my thread go to waste like I have, not responding and all. Shame on me. No idea when something new will show up.

Years
    I'm not really back from my hiatus. I just happened to be noodling around today and something came of it.
    Nice update to the front page since last time I saw it.
    And could I ask when you're gonna do more... requests?
    It's a lot neater than it was, isn't it? I also don't take requests.

And with that lie I'm gonna throw out another sprite I made for [url-inline="member.php?u=94305"]{Swan}[/url-inline]:

Scarf's Pixels

which is something related to a Dragonair. I don't really know what.

Also, a backsprite to compliment one my fakemon.

Scarf's Pixels
    Scarf's Pixels

That is all.

Years
    Dang. I've really neglected my thread.

Got another one of those new evos and a trainer sprite I'm slowly working on making close to 100% scratched.

Scarf's Pixels
    Scarf's Pixels

Last edited:

Chesu

Boss Carrot
    Years
    Huh.. Has Mintorn always been that color? I seem to recall it being paler...

The back sprite looks good, but the minimal shading on the body makes it seem kind of flat. Especially with the contrast of the left horn and the... red curly thing.

Years
    Huh.. Has Mintorn always been that color? I seem to recall it being paler...

The back sprite looks good, but the minimal shading on the body makes it seem kind of flat. Especially with the contrast of the left horn and the... red curly thing.
    Chalk it up to wanting to have it finished sooner rather than better. Consider it version 1.0. And the colors haven't changed. I just used a darker shade that isn't very prominent on the original sprite for most of it. Unless you meant the original sprite seems darker. I don't think I ever changed the colors on that.

Alignment

Revered with the stars
    Years
    • Seen Dec 25, 2016
    Great stuff, I really love the way you sprite things, I'm really thrown off at how good these are coming about. Man that seviper evo is THE bomb, looks ridiculously awesome I love the outline. Good job and keep spriting :D

Years
    Great stuff, I really love the way you sprite things, I'm really thrown off at how good these are coming about. Man that seviper evo is THE bomb, looks ridiculously awesome I love the outline. Good job and keep spriting :D
    Thanks, but I can't take all the credit for the Seviper evo since it was based off someone else's drawing.

I've got some more backsprites to show off. These were all based on sprites that I didn't make so the front sprites won't be appearing in my thread. They're for the hack Pokémon Sienna. Anyhoo.

Scarf's Pixels
    Scarf's Pixels
    Scarf's Pixels

Years
    I tried making one of those vs. gym leader sprites.
    Scarf's Pixels

I'm not very good at making people, even strangely proportioned pokemon-style people so I'd love to have any input at all on this one.

I also made another map, 'cuz I could.
    Scarf's Pixels

Chesu

Boss Carrot
    Years
    The face looks kind of odd, but I can't quite place why... The mouth seems a bit too low, though. Maybe it's the shape or angle of the hand, but the forearm looks too long even though it's on figure. It could be because the thumb starts so close to the wrist. That aside, the cloth and hair look great.

...You make too many maps.

Years
    The face looks kind of odd, but I can't quite place why... The mouth seems a bit too low, though. Maybe it's the shape or angle of the hand, but the forearm looks too long even though it's on figure. It could be because the thumb starts so close to the wrist. That aside, the cloth and hair look great.

...You make too many maps.
    I like my maps. ;_; They're easy.

Faces are a pain. I think the size/perspective is off, but I really have no idea what exactly is wrong either. The hair is the only thing I feel I got right. I'm glad you think the cloth bits look good because I wasn't so sure. That thumb does look a little funny with that arm so rather than change the arm I guess I'm gonna have to fix that hand.

Thanks for the prompt reply, again, にんじん先生

Years
    Scarf's Pixels

Is it just me or does this look like a baby chocobo.....
    Anywat its awesome....and chibi like..
    It's just you. And since 'chibi-like' is sort of normal for pokemon I'm going to take that as "it looks kind of like a real pokemon". Aww, you really think so? Thanks.

WOW, thats all i can say about all of this, i love your fakemon, the region maps are great, the trainer sprite is good too. Keep up the good work. :D
    I bet you could say more. Go on, give it a try.

La di da, more fakemon comin' at ya.

Scarf's Pixels
    Scarf's Pixels

They're related, if you couldn't tell.

Back