• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Help Thread: Script Help Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mystelex

Um... The script works now , but I want the script to continue after the trainerbattle. How to do it ?

Years
    • Seen Apr 3, 2016
    Hello, guys
    I'm working on a FireRed hack and in my hack the player is able to find all fossils (Helix Fossil, Dome Fossil, Old Amber, Root Fossil and Claw Fossil).
    However, when I go to the scientist to revive them, only the Old Amber and the Helix Fossil (acquired with the guy in Mt.Moon) are available to revive.
    What changes should I do in the scientist script to make all of them work? I haven't changed anything there yet, it's exactly how it was in the original game.

Years
    • Seen Nov 21, 2015
    Hey, I'm having a little trouble with a script. Basically, the player is meant to walk to a tile, which triggers an NPC saying a message, approaching the player, battling them, saying another message and then vanishing along with a group of other person events. Currently it crashes the moment the player steps on the script.

Spoiler:

Years
    Hey, I'm having a little trouble with a script. Basically, the player is meant to walk to a tile, which triggers an NPC saying a message, approaching the player, battling them, saying another message and then vanishing along with a group of other person events. Currently it crashes the moment the player steps on the script.

Spoiler:
    If the game crashes when you step on the tile, then I suppose it's because of how you configured it in AdvanceMap. Make sure you always enter a valid var number and value for your script tiles. If you enter a var number that you haven't used in any script before, you have to put 0 for var value, since 0 is the standard value for vars. If you've used that var before, you need to enter the value that your var holds at the time your script is to be triggered.

That said, I don't think the crash is caused by your script, however a few things caught my eye:

• You need a pauseevent 0 after your applymovement, otherwise the person will probably not move.
    • You should change the value of your var with setvar, so the script doesn't get triggered more than once.
    • I think you meant to write \p instead of the capital P in your first text line.

Other than that, you should be fine. Good luck!

Years
    • Seen Nov 21, 2015
    If the game crashes when you step on the tile, then I suppose it's because of how you configured it in AdvanceMap. Make sure you always enter a valid var number and value for your script tiles. If you enter a var number that you haven't used in any script before, you have to put 0 for var value, since 0 is the standard value for vars. If you've used that var before, you need to enter the value that your var holds at the time your script is to be triggered.

That said, I don't think the crash is caused by your script, however a few things caught my eye:

• You need a pauseevent 0 after your applymovement, otherwise the person will probably not move.
    • You should change the value of your var with setvar, so the script doesn't get triggered more than once.
    • I think you meant to write \p instead of the capital P in your first text line.

Other than that, you should be fine. Good luck!

Thanks a bunch, it worked swimmingly!

EDIT: However, then it went sour. After the battle, I get a few glitches with other sprites on the map and the player somehow either becomes ones of the person events or the camera jumps to another part of the map and freezes. If I remove the battle script, it seems to work fine.

Last edited:

C me

Creator of Pokemon League Of Legends
    Years
    • Seen Apr 9, 2021
    Thanks a bunch, it worked swimmingly!

EDIT: However, then it went sour. After the battle, I get a few glitches with other sprites on the map and the player somehow either becomes ones of the person events or the camera jumps to another part of the map and freezes. If I remove the battle script, it seems to work fine.

The player becoming one of the person events is caused by one of the people having one of the 'look down' movement bytes in AMap. Just use no movement for people looking down.

destinedjagold

I do not exist.
    Years
    • Seen May 26, 2024
    However, then it went sour. After the battle, I get a few glitches with other sprites on the map and the player somehow either becomes ones of the person events or the camera jumps to another part of the map and freezes. If I remove the battle script, it seems to work fine.

Check your NPCs if they have the [Look Down] movement type that is above [Hidden].
    Script Help Thread

If there is, then change it to the [Look Down] in between the [Look Up] and [Look Left].

Years
    • Seen Jun 23, 2018
    Hi guys I am having problem in setvar and hidescript and cheakflag that in what place this are used and 1 more question is that how to make event arranged that the event appear after player win pokemon league.and one more question how to make player over world script to climb into other over world script like this
    Script Help Thread
    Replay fast

Years
    • Seen Jun 23, 2018
    Guys I want to ask that in start of fire red game their professed osk ask you that are you are boy and girl so I want to delete that the don't ask this and just want to remove girl and only remain andboy so how can I do this plz tell

Years
    • Seen Jun 23, 2018
    Hi guys I am having problem in setvar and hidescript and cheakflag that in what place this are used and 1 more question is that how to make event arranged that the event appear after player win pokemon league.and one more question how to make player over world script to climb into other over world script like this
    Script Help Thread
    Replay fast

Can anyone answer me I am waiting guys

FrozenInfernoZX

What is out there?
    Years
    Spoiler:

This script is supposed to create an unlimited swarm of Caterpie with a 100% encounter rate ONLY in the grass. I used a calculator to convert the bits to hex: In this case the bits are 1000 which translates to 0x8. So this is correct. I even found an archive post by karatekid saying that the bit for only grass is 1000.

My problem is that it does not work at all. In fact when I use 0x8, the swarm occurs in the water and NOT in the grass. I also noticed that fishing swarms does not even work at all. Also, besides that, any other hex values I use makes the swarm occur in both the grass and water. I am not using a predefined Pokémon.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back