• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Script Requests/Sharing/Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

D-Trogh

Dead
Years
When you want to use decimal numbers, DON't add the 0x before them..!!
So for example, instead of: wildbattle 0x151 0x25 0x3
You need to use: wildbattle 151 25 0x3
The '0x3' can be there..

Irish Witch

Office Jenny
Years
I hope where you wrote

Script:

Mew:

etc before each scrip that you'r not going to leave those words there. They'll stuff up your script.

It's best to make comments using

' This is a comment

or

/************

Bulk Comment
When will it stop.
I ATE snorlax

************/

Also, you need to put end at the end of each script or they crash.
And if you want to put all those scripts in one file then you'll need to use A different var name for each script instead of all of them using $msg.

Last edited:

MikeC

Banned
Years
  • Seen Mar 11, 2007
#org 0xCB9A70
0x3 0x949010
pause 0x30
end

#org 0xCB9A70
#raw 0x8
#raw 0x8
#raw 0xA
#raw 0xFE

Is that right to make a person move north and dissapear from the game forever, It didn't work. :(

I tried that in my FR rom hack and that's a FR script. Wondering what I'm doing wrong.

userpr

Quilava Trainer
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Aug 11, 2014
I'm trying to hack Emerald and I would like to know the offset for the intro with Prof. Birch's speech and everything. Or if not could someone tell me how I could find out myself? Thanks in advance.

foofatron

Banned
Years
  • Age 22
  • Seen Sep 2, 2007
What kind of boat script?Want the boat to go anywhere or something?

max1992

newbie hacker
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen May 28, 2007
helppppppppppp plz plz plz

hi
i am new into hacking some questions i want some 1 to answer:embarrass
1.how to change the text??
2.how do i change the intro video??
plz plz plz............answer lot of thanks for the one who answers:embarrass

Years
  • Seen Apr 16, 2020
can someone give me the boat script

Something like a warp script? You'll have to tell us where do you want the script to warp you and the location in the map or the warp's number.

hi
i am new into hacking some questions i want some 1 to answer:embarrass
1.how to change the text??
2.how do i change the intro video??
plz plz plz............answer lot of thanks for the one who answers:embarrass

This thread is only for scripting stuff. You should post these questions here.

Years
  • Seen Feb 25, 2010
Hey all, I've got a couple of questions I've been needing answers to so I hope someone can help me out. I am hacking Emerald and I want the the first pokemon to be Eevee. But I don't want to use prof.birch script. I'm wanting the eevee to be on the table inside the players house in a pokeball. I'm working on that script myself but I want another script where if the player doesn't pick up the pokeball and goes to walk through the warp outside, the professor comes in and tells you to pickup the eevee and meet him in the lab. This is so the player can't actually leave the house without the pokemon, but I'm not sure how to script the professor to come inside the house if the player tries to warp outside. Any help for this is very appreciative.

My other question hopefully is a simple one. Since I am hacking Emerald I don't want the player to start in the truck or have the hero's mum to exist at all. I want the player to start in his room without any scripts. Anyone know how to make him start in his room and not the truck, and have none of the scripts involving the mum?

All help will be great for me and getting my hack ready.

Irish Witch

Office Jenny
Years
That second question is actually hard. I've been trying to work out a way around that myself.

Once I have a working alternative I'll post something on it!

----

The first one is easy, the bedroom has a sprite of 'mum' hiden inside the door frame. Replace that sprite with the person you want and put a walk on event right in front of the door.

When you pick up the pokemon use something like the 'professional givepokemon script' a couple of pages back then on the walk-over event use

countpokemon ' This command in Pokescript
compare LASTRESULT 0x0
if 0x1 goto $location

or
#raw 0x43 ' This command in scripted
compare LASTRESULT 0x0
if 0x1 goto 0xlocation

to make sure they picked it up. Location is the scipt containing the move events etc for the sprite hidden under the door!

Years
  • Seen Nov 1, 2010
My other question hopefully is a simple one. Since I am hacking Emerald I don't want the player to start in the truck or have the hero's mum to exist at all. I want the player to start in his room without any scripts. Anyone know how to make him start in his room and not the truck, and have none of the scripts involving the mum?

You could use SMEA, it supports emerald, and you can edit the bank/map where you want to start.
You can find SMEA at scizz's site, or just google it.

Irish Witch

Office Jenny
Years
Would have been nice to know about that program, but still has problems because of the 'truck' animation sequence.

Hey Andrea Sartori where's the byte address for those values. Maybe we can decode the script and remove the animation!

Hedgehogger

Learning ASM, but struggling
Years
Well, now that I've put my scriptsback in EliteMap's folder, I ran into another problem. I made this script:
Spoiler:

I tried to apply that to the fat guy's script in Littleroot town, but there's just a bleep and nothing happens. Anyone know what's wrong?

zel 2.0

Gold Remaker
Years
Hedgehogger: When you said "apply that to the fat guy", you mean you opened Advance Map, went to the fat guy's sprite, and changed its offset from $Whatever to $900000, because I don't see problems with the script.

Hedgehogger

Learning ASM, but struggling
Years
Hedgehogger: When you said "apply that to the fat guy", you mean you opened Advance Map, went to the fat guy's sprite, and changed its offset from $Whatever to $900000, because I don't see problems with the script.

Yeah, I did that; In fact I just tested it out now with the same result as before. :(

Irish Witch

Office Jenny
Years
Hedgehogger: Are you writing that with Scripted or Pokescript?
If it's pokescript then check the bufrite log. There should be a lot of lines like this:

Spoiler:

That first value is the one you want to put in your script. If scripted then I honestly don't have a clue!

Years
  • Seen Oct 12, 2018
Code:
#org $start
lock
applymovement ... $move
warp 0 7 ...
release
end

#org $move
#raw ...
#raw ...
#raw ...
#raw FE

its warp script i dont know what to fill in at the ... (no i didnt make the script some1 that did wanna help me with me hack did)

its for pokescript

rpgdude

Wobbuffet = GOD!
Years
How would I make so a guy won't let you in a cave unless you have a Groudon. I am using PokeScript
Thanks in advance

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back