• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen September CoroCoro Revealed / Pokemon Sunday!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
    • Seen Sep 29, 2010
    What have the designers been drinking? :/

I feared for this moment, but the time has come to accept the evos are real, once and for all. Also, the pokémon are in different poses, and maybe Mijumarus third stage looks different and cool in a different pose... I came to kind of like more Pokabu's line, but still, it could have been much better, I think it's growing in me, it's also a shame it's Fire/Fight again.

Nugg

Le Diable Blanc
    Years
  • Holy Mama, Shikijika's Winter Evo is a funky papi. getting that one for sure!! And the haunted sarcophagus is pretty cool too! The bull with the fro's kinda cool. The pokemon on page 8 look like toys for female toddlers. The 3 fish are kind of carvanha rip-offs. But why is one blue and one red? What are the differences? The dog and cat are cool :D I hope they get awesome evos. And what's with the gladiator dude?

Tyxomm

Akimoto-Kenta
    Years
    • Seen Nov 2, 2010
    I like most of the new pokemon... but one thing that bugs me is that tauros like pokemon.
    Why on earth did they give it an afro!!!
    Thats how pokemon goes lately, giving pokemon big noses, strange hairstyles, and/or a mustache...

September CoroCoro Revealed / Pokemon Sunday!

Surmonter

Hear No Evil
    Years
  • I do not believe there are no evolutions. Would Gamefreak really create the bull, who looks like an evolution of Tauros, and Mamabou?

Really? If they aren't evolutions, what was gamefreak smoking?

Haza

☆A Life of Pokémon and Beyoncé ☆
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Oct 1, 2021
    They are all amazing except for the 3 grass-types... that mushroom is dumb as hell.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
  • I'm allowed to say something about the starters here, right? (as long as I'm assuming they're real):
    -I don't like Chaobuu that much. We don't need any more Fire/Fighting starters (we already have Combusken/Blaziken and Monferno/Infernape)
    -On the other hand, Futachimaru and Janobii are epic.
    -The dog (Yorterrie) is so adorable. I might use it early in the game. The cat (Chonoreko) is okay as well.
    -I'm liking Doryuuzu; Drill Liner looks like it could be the Ground (or Steel) counterpart to Leaf Blade
    -I'm somewhere between love and hate between Buffalon; dunno why
    -Denchura's new ability (Anxiety) could be useful in competitive battling to stop opponents from using pinch berries or to prevent opponents from curing status via Lum Berry.
    -Yay, another mushroom Pokemon. But doesn't Clear Smoke have the same effect as Haze?
    -Cross Fire and Cross Thunder? I like how one of those moves powers the other one up (Reshiram hits Zekrom with Cross Fire and the latter's Cross Thunder becomes stronger)
    -I'm kinda liking the Dream World now; but I may not like it if you can't get the old Pokemon into B/W prior to the National Dex.

Surmonter

Hear No Evil
    Years
  • I'm allowed to say something about the starters here, right? (as long as I'm assuming they're real):
    -I don't like Chaobuu that much. We don't need any more Fire/Fighting starters (we already have Combusken/Blaziken and Monferno/Infernape)
    -On the other hand, Futachimaru and Janobii are epic.
    -The dog (Yorterrie) is so adorable. I might use it early in the game. The cat (Chonoreko) is okay as well.
    -I'm liking Doryuuzu; Drill Liner looks like it could be the Ground (or Steel) counterpart to Leaf Blade
    -I'm somewhere between love and hate between Buffalon; dunno why
    -Denchura's new ability (Anxiety) could be useful in competitive battling to stop opponents from using pinch berries or to prevent opponents from curing status via Lum Berry.
    -Yay, another mushroom Pokemon. But doesn't Clear Smoke have the same effect as Haze?
    -Cross Fire and Cross Thunder? I like how one of those moves powers the other one up (Reshiram hits Zekrom with Cross Fire and the latter's Cross Thunder becomes stronger)
    -I'm kinda liking the Dream World now; but I may not like it if you can't get the old Pokemon into B/W prior to the National Dex.

The affects of Cross Fire and Cross Thunder are interchangeable.

If Zekrom hits Reshiram with Cross Thunder, then Cross Fire will become stronger as well.

Devil Flamingo

→ Loves Defense
    Years
  • ...I don't think you can just "get" a particular forme of Shikijika or Mebukijika, let alone "skip it". The game has time and will keep track of the seasons like it keeps track of day and night, therefore every spring, summer, autumn and winter, the deer forme will change accordingly regardless, unless you're inside or such, in which case I assume the spring forme will be the default. I do not own BW yet (but I will, in two weeks!) so I cannot say how long seasons last in the game, but if they are like seasons irl, then Shikijika and Mebukijika will spend quite a while in each forme. XD If so, it will be AWESOME to play Pokemon every Christmas, Easter, 4th of July and Thanksgiving because Shikijika/Mebukijika will have the forme for each respective holiday!

Years
  • So all this stuff Pokexperto was saying is true... Goodness these Pokemon look horrible.
    It really looks like Game Freak is running out of ideas. u_u

Perriechu

i make this look easy tik-tik boom like gasoline-y
    Years
  • So all this stuff Pokexperto was saying is true... Goodness these Pokemon look horrible.

Im getting sick of people saying that Game Freak have run out of ideas.

Just what are Pokemon supposed to look like?

coolnick37

Absolute Power
    Years
  • I like most of the new pokemon... but one thing that bugs me is that tauros like pokemon.
    Why on earth did they give it an afro!!!
    Afro hairstyle is really popular in japan, so they like those kinda stuff :P I like it, but i dont like normal type pokemon, so no for tauros-wannabe

Volroc

The Unpredictability Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Jul 20, 2015
    im not gonna get into a worthless flame fight with any of you who cant see logic.
    i was merely pointing out obvious reasons to why those 2pages were fake.
    if you cant handle it, then shut up& ignore it.
    the starter evos are proven so why cant you all get over it, just cuz the 2pages were either faked, or misprinted changes nothing, now grow up.

Years
  • Im getting sick of people saying that Game Freak have run out of ideas.

Just what are Pokemon supposed to look like?

Psh, if you don't think Game Freak using the Fire/Fighting combo for a third time in a row isn't running out of ideas, then I don't know what is. -_-

But really, let's not start an argument about this.

Devil Flamingo

→ Loves Defense
    Years

Oh dear, it looks like your brain has run out of open-mindedness. Here, let me give you a refill: we have pigeons, steel moles, electric spiders, angry fish, shih tzus, dark kitties, grass deer, leafy insects, giant centipedes, draconic hydras, psionic bugs, swans, war eagles, grass snakes, fire pigs, sea otters, ground squirrels, electric zebras, dark crocs, psychic bats, draconic mantises, and dark foxes and you seem to think GF is running out of ideas. Whatever shall we base Pokemon on instead? Zooplankton? Aliens? Mount Everest? A random black hole in a random galaxy millions of light years away from the Milky Way? Oh, you silly girl, whatever were the rest of us thinking, you should be designing Pokemon instead, I'm sure everyone will looove your designs~!

im not gonna get into a worthless flame fight with any of you who cant see logic.
    i was merely pointing out obvious reasons to why those 2pages were fake.
    if you cant handle it, then shut up& ignore it.
    the starter evos are proven so why cant you all get over it, just cuz the 2pages were either faked, or misprinted changes nothing, now grow up.

Your "obvious" reasons aren't "obvious" at all; what you are calling "logic" is but a Zoroark-induced illusion of what actual logic is. You have not, in fact, proven anything with your so-called arguments which are supposed to be convincing but have not in fact managed to do so.

And I will not flame you for not agreeing with me, but I will not shut up either, for I have as much right as everyone else to voice my opinion provided that I do so in a respectful fashion, and I believe I have done so.

Oh, and lol @ grow up. What better advice to follow than your own?

Last edited:

Surmonter

Hear No Evil
    Years
  • Psh, if you don't think Game Freak using the Fire/Fighting combo for a third time in a row isn't running out of ideas, then I don't know what is. -_-

But really, let's not start an argument about this.

I think they only keep using it because they have this diluted mind-set of it being a tradition now. Or they're trying to make it one.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    Personally, I don't see anything wrong with these new Pokemon. The fact that some resemble old Pokemon shows that they aren't losing their ways, but they're trying new things too. Really, I think they're all really nice.

Surmonter

Hear No Evil
    Years
  • Personally, I don't see anything wrong with these new Pokemon. The fact that some resemble old Pokemon shows that they aren't losing their ways, but they're trying new things too. Really, I think they're all really nice.

Agreed.

However, I still think Pokabu's evolutions are just horrid.

Perriechu

i make this look easy tik-tik boom like gasoline-y
    Years

• Oh dear, it looks like your brain has run out of open-mindedness. Here, let me give you a refill: we have pigeons, steel moles, electric spiders, angry fish, shih tzus, dark kitties, grass deer, leafy insects, giant centipedes, draconic hydras, psionic bugs, swans, war eagles, grass snakes, fire pigs, sea otters, ground squirrels, electric zebras, dark crocs, psychic bats, draconic mantises, and dark foxes and you seem to think GF is running out of ideas. Whatever shall we base Pokemon on instead? Zooplankton? Aliens? Mount Everest? A random black hole in a random galaxy millions of light years away from the Milky Way? Oh, you~!

Dont forget Egyptian Sarcophagi!

We still have quite a few more to go, I hope they make the designs as wacky as possible to rub it in.

For me the wackier the better.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back