• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Serena

Years
  • I do think Serena is one of the best female characters in the anime, especially after the massive development she got lately after spending like a year of being untreated and causing the fandom to think she was nothing more than just a shipping item.

The haircut scene was handled so well, in fact one of the most epic scenes in the anime to ever happen. I was not expecting Serena to take her loss in the Coumarine Showcase so seriously, while having Fennekin and Pancham comfort her. Cutting her hair short and changing her clothes was a great move by the writers to help develop her as a character, since from my point of view the long hair she started with was marking the phase where she was not sure what to do with her life while the new short her has cemented her new phase as a Pokemon Performer. The blue ribbon which Ash gave her being present in the new outfit (and the fact she sometimes places her hand on it to think of Ash and how he told her to never give up) was another of my fave things about the redesign, because in scenes where she placed her hand on that ribbon it always helped think of what Ash said to her when they first met and how he said to her to never give up.

I know some people in the fandom have mixed thoughts on the redesign whether the criticism would be about the hair of the new outfit (including a certain anime critic in this forum who says that long hair brings a certain charm to some female characters) but I think she got way cuter in the redesign, and also somehow looks more mature because she's become more determined.

I'm going to be excited to see how the writers will continue to develop her, as well as hopefully winning her next Showcase. I know the writers try to intentionally not make main characters win their major tournament but if she becomes Kalos Queen she could become one of the few exceptions to that rule.

Years
    • Seen Nov 13, 2019
    I do think Serena is one of the best female characters in the anime, especially after the massive development she got lately after spending like a year of being untreated and causing the fandom to think she was nothing more than just a shipping item.

The haircut scene was handled so well, in fact one of the most epic scenes in the anime to ever happen. I was not expecting Serena to take her loss in the Coumarine Showcase so seriously, while having Fennekin and Pancham comfort her. Cutting her hair short and changing her clothes was a great move by the writers to help develop her as a character, since from my point of view the long hair she started with was marking the phase where she was not sure what to do with her life while the new short her has cemented her new phase as a Pokemon Performer. The blue ribbon which Ash gave her being present in the new outfit (and the fact she sometimes places her hand on it to think of Ash and how he told her to never give up) was another of my fave things about the redesign, because in scenes where she placed her hand on that ribbon it always helped think of what Ash said to her when they first met and how he said to her to never give up.

I know some people in the fandom have mixed thoughts on the redesign whether the criticism would be about the hair of the new outfit (including a certain anime critic in this forum who says that long hair brings a certain charm to some female characters) but I think she got way cuter in the redesign, and also somehow looks more mature because she's become more determined.

I'm going to be excited to see how the writers will continue to develop her, as well as hopefully winning her next Showcase. I know the writers try to intentionally not make main characters win their major tournament but if she becomes Kalos Queen she could become one of the few exceptions to that rule.

Oh Please , Just because Serena cried and cut her hair like every Cliche Heroin doesn't make her a developed character .
    She's nowhere near May or Dawn ! Also , Her personality and interaction is still pretty blend .
    68 episode passed and She still acting like a New girl even though she's a childhood freind.
    What is the point of bringing a Childhood Friend if she act like a New girl ? Childhood friend are suppose to be very intimate with Protagonist !
    Now I wishing for another Real childhood friend of Ash to appear who will act like a Childhood friend!
    Here is a Real development , Ash get hurt protecting Serena So she decide to stay in Battle Maison to train So She able to become strong enough to fight beside Ash.

Now , I hope to see Serena in this Outfit--

Spoiler:

Now ,
    Does Anyone notice that Serena look really Cute & Cool whenever She's angry or Aggressive ?

Years
    • Seen Nov 13, 2019
    Even Serena from the guide book is cooler then Anime Serena-

tumblr_nol7vhyFIA1rgvmfqo1_540.jpg

Serena is best Pokégirl. Well, in terms of looks, at least.

I doubt it !
    In term of Looks , May is far more cuter then Serena .
    A fact that I hate to abmit because May is the only girl Ash can't have since Drew stole her away from Ash.
    That why I'm so hang up on Shipping ! I just want A girl clearly better-looking then May to have a romance far better then Contestshipping with Ash.
    Currently ,I'm betting on Rosa but unfortunately I don't id she ever going appear !

Back