• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Severe Snow causes for Schools to be closed!

Jorah

What do I put here?
Years
    • Age 33
    • UK
    • Seen Aug 18, 2021
    Hooray! This is my second snow day! I had one yesterday and one today! Today the snow was about 2inches deep, I've never seen snow that deep o.O This is the third ever snow day I've had in my life haha.

Sonido

阿散井 恋次
    Years
  • Hooray! This is my second snow day! I had one yesterday and one today! Today the snow was about 2inches deep, I've never seen snow that deep o.O This is the third ever snow day I've had in my life haha.
    Very lucky, you are. I have school now because the snow and Ice have melted :(

Years
    • UK
    • Seen Mar 3, 2009
    It didn't snow in Essex? I'm in Dorset, we got snow today. Only a tiiiiny tiny bit. You wouldn't have thought it enough to close a school for but the school my mum works in got closed. Some have been closed for the whole week...

s0nido

turn up the engine
    Years
  • Melbourne is experiencing the exact opposite. Today, the temperature climbed up to 44 degrees Celsius, even after a cool week in the mid to high 20's. Good thing is that there'll be a cool change today, with the temperature dropping down to just 23.

Soul Eater

silver won't say he's in love~
    Years
  • I remember my snow days. They were like total heaven but oh how I miss living in Maine. ;^; I live in Arizona but I used to love playing in the snow. Winter is my most favorite season ever but we never get snow where I live. >_<

Kazukii

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Dec 2, 2009
    I got two days off but I hear other places kind of near me got like 4 days off.

Platinum Lucario

The Legendary Master of [color=#D8D48C]Light[/colo
    Years
  • I live in South-Western part of Victoria, which is in Australia. It's just 4 hours away from Melbourne.
    And oh, I just can't believe it. And like, having two days of 45 degree weather.
    Even though it might have cooled down for a bit, but then it gets really really hot again.

I guess everyone has to accept that Climate Change is happening. But anyone is free to disagree with me, if they wish.

Superjub

Pokémon Aureolin
    Years
  • Tuesday, Thursday and Friday school was closed for me XD
    Hopefully, it will be closed Monday and Tueday too :D
    I wonder what could be causing these wierd weather conditions *cough*globalwarming*cough*.
    But yay, school was closed for me XD

Suki

I'm gonna make it.
    Years
    • Seen Oct 16, 2019
    I like how many other countries put up with this every year, as soon as Britain gets a few inches of snow; schools shut, London is locked up, the police are warning not to drive, no cars anywhere on the road, people are scared to go out because they think they might drown in snow or get frostbite. All of Britain is basically shut down.

Meh, I agree. Have you heard that a part of the UK ran out of grit for the roads, so they're resorted to... table salt XD' we are so organised.

Dr Helios

is a hack 'tester'
    Years
  • it was a bit annoying for me, on thursday and friday every school in my town except for mine was closed. I stayed home on thurs, but on fri my dadmade me go to school. 75 out of a normal 500 people were there.
    Meh, I agree. Have you heard that a part of the UK ran out of grit for the roads, so they're resorted to... table salt XD' we are so organised.

Where i live they had to ship salt in from scotland and spain just so they could handle the A roads and nothing else was salted.

Last edited:

Shaterpie

Gold Caterpie > Red Gyarados
    Years
  • I had 2 days odd due to the snow on Thursday and Friday. What's funny is I have Monday off anyway.

5 day weekend indeed.

Years
    • Seen Jun 23, 2017
    Geez your all lucky. Snows nothing really, so your freezing, think of Australia right now. I'm so glad I'm living in Western Australia cause if you think snows bad... you have not seen/heard a thing yet.

Right now in Aussieland...
    over 60% of Queensland is flooded (and Queensland's the largest state). Been raining for around 7 days in a row.
    An inferno in Victoria: Entire towns burnt down. Thought to have been started by an Arsonist, the strong winds are not helping.

It might not seem like much, all of this is still happening as we speak. Apart from the areas that are flooded or are caught in the fiery inferno... they probably still have to go to school so count yourself lucky.

Honest

Hi!
    Years
  • Sorry for bringing this old thread up, but its still within date. I just had to say my schools closed cause of this blizzard in New York!

dc_united

Josh Wicks doesn't like you
    Years
  • Yeah, the whole East Coast is pretty much closed down. We've got like four inches of snow and ice where I am

~MasterMind~

⌊C u r i o s i t y ♫ ♥⌉
    Years
  • sadly i have school today but ive had several snow days(around 8-11 days) and if we had anymore they said they would have to extend the year D:

Back