• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Red hack: Shin Pokemon Red/Blue/Green/JP builds (Bugfix, AI, and QoL patch)

Years
    • Seen Jan 15, 2024
    Hey, love your project so far. I did find one minor thing, not really a big deal but thought to mention it. The Bug Trainer on Route 9, the one with two Beedrill, was able to see me through the ledge and is now currently sitting on it. Don't how that could happen, and I know nothing coding, but maybe it could be something that might expose a bigger issue.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20231003_192905_My OldBoy!.jpg
      Screenshot_20231003_192905_My OldBoy!.jpg
      183.7 KB · Views: 10
    Years
    • Seen yesterday
    Hey, love your project so far. I did find one minor thing, not really a big deal but thought to mention it. The Bug Trainer on Route 9, the one with two Beedrill, was able to see me through the ledge and is now currently sitting on it. Don't how that could happen, and I know nothing coding, but maybe it could be something that might expose a bigger issue.

Hey, nice find!

This is a pretty mild issue. The one-way nature of ledges means there is no collision enforced for that NPC's approach; any object can move through the ledge in that direction just like the player can. The difference is that the "jump" is programmed as a scripted animation unique to the player object. This graphical oddity poses no threat.

I'll make a github issue for it.

Years
    • Seen Mar 4, 2024
    Idea: Visual indicator for type effectiveness and skip the annoying "not very effective"
    "Super effective" messages.

Days
    • Seen Nov 6, 2023
    Hello JojoBear, thank you very much for Pokemon Shin and all the work you put inside of this version. :)
    I have a question : I'm playing in Shift mode (not hard) and with Trainers that scales with my Pokemon levels.

Is there some randomness in the levels of enemy trainers pokemon ?

For example : My wartortle is level 19. When I encounter a trainer, this trainer has a pokemon level 20. If I loose the battle and I try to challenge him again, its pokemon are now level 22.
    If I die again, now the pokemon is level 19. Etc.
    It makes the battles a bit unpredictable, but maybe it is intended. :)

Thank you for your answer.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen yesterday
    I have a question : I'm playing in Shift mode (not hard) and with Trainers that scales with my Pokemon levels.

Is there some randomness in the levels of enemy trainers pokemon ?

It makes the battles a bit unpredictable, but maybe it is intended. :)

You are correct. Trainer scaling adds an additional 1d4-1 levels to trainers for a range of +0 to +3. If the gym leader or champion music is playing, then 1d4-1plus 1d4-1 levels are added for a range of +0 to +6 with a gaussian distribution.

Years
    • Seen yesterday
    Question about transformPPtasks in func_ai.asm ...why does it avoid running in trainer battles? I see

at the start

It's a typo, but I don't think that function will work correctly anyway in certain scenarios. If you change it to ret nz, I think it breaks things if the trainer starts doing recursive transformations wherein it transforms into a pokemon that also knows transform. It will end up seeing Transform as its copied move, but then decrement its party struct PP in the same position which may be a different move.

I'll make an issue ticket later and tag you with a fix. The main reason the function exists is to update the PP of the Transform move on a trainer's pokemon given the possibility that the trainer can switch their active pokemon. It accounts for an edge case where it technically should be possible to stall-out an opponent using Transform if that opponent keeps switching and using Transform a bunch.

Last edited:
    Days
    • Seen Apr 16, 2024
    I have been playing this the past couple weeks and totally loving it! Thanks for all your work on this, I can't imagine how much went into it.

One thing that I'm seeing is a couple of my pokemon above level 70 are starting to disobey me, even though I have all 8 badges. Is this a bug or an adjustment to the endgame?

Years
    • Seen May 3, 2024
    Anybody know what's with the Strength boulder in Diglett's Cave? I can't seem to get around it, and I want to find the
    Spoiler:

Years
    • Seen yesterday
    v1.24.1 Has been released. It contains the following improvements:
    - Optimized smooth fades to eliminate graphical jank during battle black-outs
    - Trainers will not use non-healing items if they or the player are at low HP, making them more aggressive
    - AI will not switch if its HP is below 25% as it's usually not worth it
    - Fades in or out to white in GBC mode with gamma shader enabled will no longer have a frame of incorrect color
    - The move Transform now decrements PP properly when used by the AI recursively
    - Spinner tiles animate properly without resorting to vblank-induced slowdown
    - Fixed wrong color for move animation when it comes after self-inflicted confusion damage
    - Reworked the prize mon level function and also synchronized the DVs for gift pokemon that are added to party or box
    - **Fixed typed effectiveness being applied the wrong way to static damage moves**
    - **All the extra options on the option menu have been moved to their own separate menu**
    - Add Debug Stat Reset feature
    - **Fixed shiny clause so that it is now working in nuzlocke mode**
    - Fixed a bug catcher on route 9 being able to walk onto a ledge
    - The message for substitute taking damage now only displays after the first attack of a multi-attack move
    - Multi-attack moves display effectiveness only on first attack instead of the last attack
    - Twineedle does not print redundant messages like other multi-hit moves
    - If active, the shimmer will always manifest on the applicable pokemon of Bruno, Agatha, and the Karate Master
    - Karate Master's pokemon increased from level 37 to 38
    - Extended shiny mercy to tower ghosts, ghost marowak, and old man battle
    - Fixed daycare sometimes prompting to learn the same move twice
    - Fixed special HUD symbols displaying during the ghost marowak encounter

Thank you for your continued participation in the Shin Pokemon enhancement project. Allmind exists for all pokemon trainers.

Attachments

• allmind_mewtwo.png
      allmind_mewtwo.png
      57.2 KB · Views: 7
    Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Feb 9, 2024
    Very minor bug I just found. I was battling a Mr. Mime and it used doubleslap. When the move ended, instead of saying "hit x times" it said "48 error" and then the dialogue box went away very quickly. Doesn't seem to have any impact on gameplay.

EDIT: I have attached a picture. If it helps, the pokemon I was using was Rhydon, so the attack was not very effective. Not sure if that has anything to do with it.

Attachments

• screenshot_20231101232704.jpg
      screenshot_20231101232704.jpg
      58.6 KB · Views: 11
    Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen yesterday
    Very minor bug I just found. I was battling a Mr. Mime and it used doubleslap. When the move ended, instead of saying "hit x times" it said "48 error" and then the dialogue box went away very quickly. Doesn't seem to have any impact on gameplay.

EDIT: I have attached a picture. If it helps, the pokemon I was using was Rhydon, so the attack was not very effective. Not sure if that has anything to do with it.

Thanks. I'll look into it.
    EDIT: D'oh, I made a silly mistake. Let me fix this real quick with a 1.24.2 patch
    EDIT 2: Okay, new release is up.

Last edited:
    Days
    • Seen Apr 16, 2024
    I am doing a nuzlocke playthrough (well, really more than one since I keep getting wiped out!) and I have seen multiple instances that seem to violate this from the github:

Duplication Clause: Encountering a wild "owned" pokemon will not activate Rule 2.

So if I already own a squirtle, and I run into that as the first pokemon in a new area, it is showing as catchable, and the second encountered pokemon is showing as non-catchable. Is that a bug or am I misunderstanding the clause?

Back