• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Pokémon] ~>{*Shiny Hunters Club}<~

fishyfins

Reality Sculptor
Years
Cheesecake: Huge gratz on getting that Mareep. i know you worked hard to get that one. and the ratatas must have been nice as well ^^ an added bonus :3

Shinyeevee: Another shiny so fast? lucky person :) gratz ^^

Spritingyoshi: Gratz on the Mankey. nice short hunt :)

Ive been continuing with my Chikorita hunt this weekend, for the first part of my SS badge quest. Just hit 3936 SRs (11808 starters seen), and i found this...

976559_10152882152100346_1575003231_o_zps8bd790a1.jpg

Another shiny Totodile. Oh well, a shiny is a shiny. once ive traded him to my copy of Diamond like his predecessor, ill continue with the SRing. im determined to get Chikorita before i start questing!

I tried to get the corner of my computer screen in the photo for a date and time stamp, but the camera is rubbish XD

Sableye~

Back to PC~
Years
  • Seen Jan 4, 2018
Over 500 SRs on Heartgold for a shiny starter (hoping for Totodile, but I'll aceept any) and no luck yet. x: I also have been trying REs on Soulsilver for a shiny Poliwag/whirl.

I'm hoping to at least get some shiny before July, when school starts up again. I doubt I will, but it's worth a try.

I bought a cheap calculator for recording SRs.
It broke within a week. But I have so many random papers used to record my SRs, so I don't even have an accurate idea right now. I'm considering just ditching the idea of recording it.

Latios Master

11 Year PC Member
Years
Hi! this is my first post in the thread..so i dunno if im a member or not.
Anyway, im currently hunting for a shiny Flaaffy.
I was gonna do the Masuda method, so im just wondering what it means when you cant get the foreign pokemon from an in-game trade. What other kinds of trade can you get the foreign pkmn from?

Welcome to the club! You become a member when you make your first post in this thread. A foreign Pokémon that can be used for the Masuda Method can only be obtained in a trade with someone who has a foreign language game. The couple of foreign Pokémon that are in-game trades do not count. Good luck on the hunt!

Congrats on the shiny Totodile, fishyfins!

Years
  • Seen Mar 26, 2014
Hey guys,

First of all gratz on all the new shiny's and welcome to the new members :)
@TSE: Can u send me some luck of yours to Belgium? :p

Seconds:

The mew contest starts today.
I have accepted all entries that have sent me a pm(not all of them have put them in the thread tho, but as this i the first competition I will accept the entries anyway ).

That's why I will give an overview:

Paulthegerous:2500
Bern:4398
Spritingyoshi22:5450
Cheesecake( GlassTheDragon):5700
Kitori:6500
TSE: 7538
fishyfins:10,000

Good luck to all. And as mew is a pretty playful creature, let's hope it's playful enough to color itself blue. :)

Years
Congrats Poldie looks like more people to interest to your contest good luck with mew. My hunts are well Moltres is at 1770 SRs not expecting that soon but anything could happen :p. Thanks Janske, Kitori, latiosmaster, TSE thanks for the congrats it means alot and I think it has 31 IVs in sp.atk o.o and congrats on your shinies you guys(totodile and weedle). My next shiny I'm hunting in my badge quest is abra I'm already at 8100 seen thats close to 2000 SRs who knew how fast this hunt was o.o now going to say I'm hoping for anything I just hope it doesn't have an adamant nature xD.

Janske

Shinyhunter - Trance for life
Years
@Poldie: WTF are you a Belgian too? Zalig man ikke ook xD. First Belgian I encounter in the wild excluding myself haha! 1500 SR for shiny starter on SS for shiny hunter challenge but nothing so far ughh:(. What a drag this is lol. Also no news on nidoran either lol. Fail luck is fail:(.

Kitori

[FONT=impact][COLOR=#000000][I][b] V A L K Y R I E
Years
I'm up to 1800 REs in Platinum for the Shiny Hunter Challenge. @_@; It seems to take a lot longer when you're actually fighting the pokemon you encounter instead of just running away... maybe it's just my imagination. xD

@j_Woo: Good luck with the beldum!~

@Spiritingyoshi22: CONGRATS ON THE MANKEY! Aren't you a lucky one? :P

@mad4mareeps: Welcome!~ Good luck on the shiny flaafy, I love that shiny. *-* Cheesecake just got one, I believe~ For the Madusa Method, by foreign pokemon it means a pokemon traded from a game that has a different language than yours. So if you have one pokemon from your game and another from a Japanese game, for example. You can find foreign pokemon on the GTS or you can ask in the Quick Trade thread on these forums as well. :]

@fishyfins: Sorry you got another totodile. :[ But congrats also? I applaud you guys who get 2 of the same shiny and are still able to consider it a plus. I would probably be pretty upset. xD Good luck on the chikorita!

@Slenderman: Good luck on your hunts! I'm sure you can get something by then if you're able to put the time in! :D

Good luck on your hunts everyone else!~

Years
  • Seen Jun 25, 2014
Hi again!
i just wanted to share this with all you guys.
I was trying to clone my shiny Evee over GTS but when I went to take it back it got traded!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! for an ABOMASNOW!!! ahhh it makes me soo angry >:(

Pikayosh

Epic Pikachu
Years
i've caught a shiny gulpin shiny cubchoo and some others but I don't remember
also can I catch shinys on a emulator<rom

Razer302

Three Days Grace - Break
Years
Still no Shiny Coballion. Which is driving me mad haha. Hate trying to be patient.

Seeing mroe X and Y footage has me hyped for that and still trying to work out how I will ahve all the money to buy a 3DS lol.

Lady Demoonica Darkmoon

Shiny Hunters Club Co-Owner
Years
UPDATE!

So, on Friday I was out of town (state even) staying with a friend, I randomly restarted my copy of Ruby, just to do a run through, because I always restart the game I buy second, not that it really matters after I move up to a new generation... I'm rambling.

So I've been playing through it like normal (start with a Torchic, get an Absol soon as I can, etc.) Anyway, started fishing for Luvdisc Once I got to at the top of the waterfall (Evergrande City) you know right before Victory Road cave? Because it's easier to hunt Luvdisc in the older game, better %. And I got this beautiful surprise during the hour I was fishing! Some of you might remember me failing to find one, several years ago. ~_ ~;;;

Luvdisc (shiny!)
Female

Nature Quiet
Somewhat vain
level 35

HP 75
ATK 34
DEF 49
Sp ATK 44
Sp DEF 59
Speed 71

Ability Swift Swim (I don't think they have any other?) Whatever.

I've moved her over to my copy of Black 1, where 99% of my shinies are right now.

Edit: I need to get a new Hunters card.

Last edited:
Years
Omg gratz on luvdisc :D!

Anywho I have been soft resetting today and got to a total of 6000 resets! (400 more than last time) for my drifloon. I love that yellow balloon with the cyan/turqoise combo, im probs going to not evolve it when i get it cause its so damn cute :P. I also have been REing at the same time, so i also got around 1000 encounters on FR/LG. today has been pretty productive and i hope to reach 600-700 resets in total for today and hopefully reaching 8192 resets by this Saturday! Gl on you hunts guys! and Gl on the shiny mew competition!

Razer302

Three Days Grace - Break
Years
My baterrys on my ruby and saphire have run out unfortunately. Ruby was the first game I ever completed the pokedex on and no matter how hard I try I can't bring myself to reset the game and since sapphire clock ran out while I was SRing for a starter making it so i can't get it anymore I haven't touched it. Really wish I had more copies with battery left to SR on.

Lady Demoonica Darkmoon

Shiny Hunters Club Co-Owner
Years
I've had oddly good luck with batteries, it took much longer for my old Gold/Silver/Crystal ones to run dry than what people told me it should. I think Sapphire might be gone, but Ruby was a somewhat newer copy (compared to Sapphire)

I also could never bring myself to restart Sapphire, I caught my shiny Duskul on it, my first Gen3 shiny (so the first that counted in this Club)

I have thought about popping open a copy (well have a computer savey friend do it) and see if we can replaces the battery.

Years
My baterrys on my ruby and saphire have run out unfortunately. Ruby was the first game I ever completed the pokedex on and no matter how hard I try I can't bring myself to reset the game and since sapphire clock ran out while I was SRing for a starter making it so i can't get it anymore I haven't touched it. Really wish I had more copies with battery left to SR on.

I've had oddly good luck with batteries, it took much longer for my old Gold/Silver/Crystal ones to run dry than what people told me it should. I think Sapphire might be gone, but Ruby was a somewhat newer copy (compared to Sapphire)

I also could never bring myself to restart Sapphire, I caught my shiny Duskul on it, my first Gen3 shiny (so the first that counted in this Club)

I have thought about popping open a copy (well have a computer savey friend do it) and see if we can replaces the battery.

You really don't need to be computer savvy at all, I'm not and I did it easily. It saves so much time and money replacing the batteries yourself! People get scared because it's opening up your cartridge but all it involves is opening it, taking out the battery and putting a new one in. It's a common misconception that you need skill xD Click here to see how to do it!

Congrats LDD on that Luvdisc, what a purty shiny! (I still make cards if you're interested :P)

EDIT:

Guys! "while the Horde Encounters pit a single one of your Pokemon against an entire horde of wild foes."
Isn't that going to be amazing for hunting??

EDIT 2: With some more X&Y news in relation to shinies....
Horde Encounters seem to have 4/5 pokemon pitted against yours. It seemed to be mentioned that these type of battles were trainers battles as well as wild encounters, but 5 pokemon at once will make encounters very fast!

Also, it seems as though the new video footage actually snuck a shiny in there.
Spoiler:

See the pink hooves, darker leaves and sparkles? Do you think this was just lighting or this is in fact our first glimpse of a shiny?

Last edited:

Latios Master

11 Year PC Member
Years
I'm sorry to hear about the lost Eevee, mad4mareeps!

Welcome to the club, Pikayosh! Congrats on the shinies! You can hunt on them, but they don't count in the club.

Congrats on the shiny Luvdisc, LDD!

The recent X/Y news has got me more interested in playing White and Black 2.

Litwick: 2,874

EDIT: I just realized that I've been a member of PC for 10 years, since May 1st, 2003. I feel old.

Last edited:

Paulthagerous

Master of the Dragonites
Years
@LDD Congrats on the Luvdisc!

Been a good day for me as I got 2 shinies :)
(well, one is Red Gyarados from Lake of Rage so doesn't really count!)

The other one was the 11,791st one I saw and it evolves into my favorite Pokemon of them all:

Spoiler:

And because they never get old, here's Red Gyarados as well (lighting was better in first photo).

Spoiler:

Not 100% sure on what I will hunt for next, more interested in evolving him!

Years
  • Seen Mar 26, 2014
@Poldie: WTF are you a Belgian too? Zalig man ikke ook xD. First Belgian I encounter in the wild excluding myself haha!

Cool, another Belgian :D

I'm from Ghent :D

never tough i would find Belgian people here :D

Back