• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Pokémon] ~>{*Shiny Hunters Club}<~

Years
  • Sweet, congrats! You're halfway towards having a shiny Spring Team!! I'd name the Ninjask Hamilton (for Billy Hamilton, the fastest guy in the MLB!) and the Shedinja Spectre (since he's a Ghost!)! Your Ninjask would also double as a Federalist who could serve as the shiny advocate of a large, centralized bank! :pink_laugh:
    Thanks for the name suggestions, I think I'll use both. And nice find on shiny Clamperl I want to do some ocean hunting too when I finish the Spring Quest.

Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Feb 22, 2024
    Found Chansey today in Friend Safari, also got the silver metallic Darkrai plush from Gamestop so it's almost as though I found 2 shinies today...both are equally rare and an alternate color.

I started the Chansey hunt a couple days ago in the same friend safari I found Teddiursa in. Overall she took 567 encounters today, at 122 I left the safari and reentered so if that reset any odds then she appeared at 445. If you add the Teddiursa encounters, 210, to the 567 then it makes 777...

Also my wrists are feeling better, not gonna go crazy and do it everyday but once in a while is ok. Also going to be leaving the 3ds sitting on the table instead of holding it from now on.

Years
    • Seen Dec 6, 2021
    I have no shinys at the moment but I am hunting for a Sharpedo, Ditto, Zorua and Axew at the moment. I'm not sure if any of these are available in AS other than Sharpedo but I plan on getting Y soon. I am planning on breeding for shiny starters.

Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Feb 22, 2024
    Decided to do some quick friend safari hunts while watching Renae on Twitch today, went 7 encounters and found a female Espurr. Did another 20 encounters and left and went into another safari and found Drowzee on the first encounter. Funny enough Renae was also looking in a safari for Drowzee at the same time.

So 2 pink shinies in under 10 encounters for both. Since odds are 1/512 I figured it'd be pointless to keep going in the same safari for another 511 encounters even though I do want to go back to those safaris later. Right now I mainly want to get gen 1 shinies.

LilyGardy

The Flowering Pokemon
    Years
  • 2016 Unova Pokémon Team Complete :)

I have completed my first all Shiny team of the year. They are:

Shiny Male Duosion (Now Reuniclus) - Found by Random Encounter in White 2 OT Paige
    Shiny Female Haxorus (Tiamat) - Found in White 2 Nature Reserve after seeing all Pokemon in National Pokedex OT Paige
    Shiny Female Gothita (Cassandra) - Found by Dexnav in Alpha Sapphire. OT Helena
    Shiny Female Cubchoo (Glacia) - Found in a Hoard in X. OT Stephanie.
    Shiny Male Emolga (Carbuncle) - Found by Pokeradar in X. OT Stephanie
    Shiny Male Blue Striped Basculin(Hugh) - Found on a 255 chain of Chain Fishing in X. OT Stephanie

G-Money

Polychromatic Iridescence
    Years
  • Woooooooohooooooo!!! Another Shiny Clamperl!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Haha, that didn't take long at all!! I certainly wasn't expecting another one so soon, haha. The shining pearl of the sea appeared on encounter #1638!! My Illuminate Lanturn, who was at the front of my party (EDIT: OMG I WENT TO CHECK MY PARTY AND I STILL HAD MY FAINTED OCTILLERY AT THE FRONT OF MY PARTY FROM WHEN I WAS FISHING!!!!!!!!!!! "LOL" I ACTUALLY WAS DOING ALL OF MY DEEP-SEA ENCOUNTERS AT SUBOPTIMAL SPEED!!! :laugh:), quickly paralyzed it with a Thunder Wave, and I caught it in the first Dive Ball!! I forgot to mention this, but I caught the last one in a Dive Ball, too. They're Dive Ball shiny twins!!

I named her Bree, phonetically short for Brillante. {XD}

Oh, and I just checked my PC to see my recent shinies (I had been out on the ocean that whole time!!), and my shiny Luvdisc was holding a HEART SCALE!!!!!!!! What a trip to the sea!!!!

I ran into a bunch of Pokemon on my way from the Jagged Pass to Ever Grande (yes, I walked/Surfed! :D ), but none were shiny. I'm still fishing, and hopefully I'll have a shiny or two before I return to the main Hoenn island! :)

I really thought that this was going to maroon me out in the middle of the ocean for decades, but I actually exceeded this notion of returning with two shinies: I return to Hoenn with three shinies pulled from the depths of the sea! :pink_smile:

This gives me six shinies on the year - Nincada, Machop, Wingull, Luvdisc, Clamperl, and Clamperl! I have five that would count for GenIII and four that count as Water-types, so I'm almost at a complete team!! (And "lol," they've all been caught without turning off the game. I'm like seven months in for unique RNG frames! :laugh:)

Spoiler:

Sirenita55

Team Popplio!
    Years
    • Seen Aug 9, 2018
    Welcome to the SHC, HudsonBay! Good luck on that Growlithe hunt! Have you caught any other shinies so far?

Thank you! Alas it is still fruitless ;) I have indeed caught other shinies, I have caught:

Riolu (now Lucario), Metang (now Metagross), Phantump, Cacturne, Gloom (now Bellossom), 2 Swirlix (one is now a Slurpuff), Clefairy (now Clefable)

Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Feb 22, 2024
    Did some fish chains today.

First found a red striped Basculin at 52 and a second at 153, I checked the previous 2 Icaught and they were both blue striped, also managed to get a male and female of both so none of 4 are exactly the same. Not that I care since I was looking for Poliwhirl and Dratini but still kind of funny.

I then decided just to fish chain Poliwag since they are 100% and got one at 35, I evolved it into Politoed which looks like cotton candy.

Finally found a Skrelp at 19.

Years
    • Seen Jun 11, 2017
    Currently in a (what seems like) never ending hunt for a shiny absol through dexnav. send your luck my way please!!

Years
  • Currently in a (what seems like) never ending hunt for a shiny absol through dexnav. send your luck my way please!!

Good luck, lazadd! Any joy yet?

I got my first ever random encounter shiny today! ^^ A Skitty in AS. Need to start hunting again, I've missed that feeling! And you guys!

Paulthagerous

Master of the Dragonites
    Years
  • Sorry I haven't been around much lately guys, but congrats on all the new shinies!

Hopefully in the next couple of days I can get back into it :)

Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Feb 22, 2024
    Found my 30th shiny in Y today.
    Spoiler:

Dedenne1

[SPAN="FONT-SIZE:16.5PX; FONT-FAMILY: SATISFY; TEX
    Years
  • Its been a super long time but i finally started shiny hunting again today in X! Gonna be searching for a shiny murkrow and Ill hopefully find him by the end of the week...that is if I have the time :3

Anyways wish you all luck in finding some cool shinies :D

Paulthagerous

Master of the Dragonites
    Years
  • @Maserati777 Congrats! 30 in 3 months is a great effort indeed!

@Dedenne1 Good luck with your hunt! I also would like a Murkrow at some point, but have others to get first :)

@Ammako That is a topic that comes up from time to time. My thinking is this: There are lots of different methods to get shinies with lots of different odds, and different difficulty levels. Therefore, if you don't like a particular method then you don't have to use it :)

The fact is though, different people have opinions. So my rule is simple - If someone has a new shiny they are happy/excited about, I am happy for them. Regardless of the method they used (except ActionReplay or the like, that doesn't count...)

Good luck getting that female next time!

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
    Years
  • Hey guys! After a bit, I finally got another Shiny. This time a Tympole and once I evolve it, I can count it as one of my Ash Quest Pokemon. I finally also have photos of my last 3 shinies.
    It took 130 Dexnav encounters to get my Tympole.

Photos:
    Spoiler:

Ash Quest List:
    Spoiler:

Back