• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Pokémon] ~>{*Shiny Hunters Club}<~

Years
    • Seen Jun 8, 2016
    Hi! Right now I'm doing a shiny badge quest on AS which has a shiny Grovyle and Beautifly and I am currently hunting in route 110.

I'm also doing a BQ in Black 2 which has a shiny Unfezant, Growlithe, Gurdurr and Darmanitan and I'm hunting in Chargestone cave.

Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Feb 22, 2024
    I did some fish chaining recently, found a shiny Chinchou on 62

Then did some fish chaining for Remoraid and clamperl, ended up getting 3 Remoraid

The first was at 36, second at 28 and the third at 104. I evolved the second one into Octillery. On the 3rd I actually continued the chain up until 205 before deliberately breaking it. Originally I thought Octillery was a silver color, was a bit disappointed to find out it was actually baby puke green. Seriously Pokémon?

Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Feb 22, 2024
    Found a shiny Butterfree in Friend Safari today in 3 encounters. I first used a quick ball and it broke out. It used Silver Wind. I then tried Heal Ball. It broke out and used Silver Wind again. I finally put it to sleep and caught it with a dusk ball.

Checked its moves and it knew Whirlwind not sure if it mattered since my Vileplume was higher leveled.

Sandslash Fan

Spikey Boi
    Years
  • Trying to run a shiny Nuzlocke, but can't get a shiny in the Alpha Sapphire game, but my search is already up to 500 with no luck. I haven't given up yet, but I'm really wanting to progress through the game more.

I am too broke to buy repels (even if I could), but I have good luck with the creeping skill. Any suggestions, or anyone else have luck getting a shiny pre-Shiny Charm in the new games?

WildShinyUmbreon

Hope you brought some quick balls!
    Years
  • I'm having LOTS of luck finding shinies in the new games--if by new games you mean Gen IV.
    Howdy everyone, name's Umbreon, and I recently finished X and Omega Ruby. Let the hunts begin!
    Just today, I caught a shiny Riolu (a female when what I really wanted was a male XD) in X with the Radar, and two shiny Horsea, both females, one in OR and one in X, both with the fishing chain method.
    My next hunt is pokeradar searching for Swirlix! Wish me luck!
    Update!!! I decided to chain for Roselia for fun because I couldn't find that first Swirlix, and what do you know, the fifth in the chain was a shiny male!!! I'm gonna call him Licorice.

Last edited:

Sandslash Fan

Spikey Boi
    Years
  • Finally caught the bugger! Luckily has the Hidden Ability, but I found it on a horde encounter, so it doesn't have any egg moves. Oh well :)

263.png

Nickname: Teek
    Game: Alpha Sapphire, Route 102
    Nature: Hasty
    Ability: Quick Feet
    LVL: 2

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
    Years
  • I have been trying to dexnav a Grimer, Sandile, or Gible in ORAS, but they are so annoying because of the movement. I also tried hunting a Tropius, but the giant grass on 119 and 120 makes it as annoying as desert and caves.

I haven't had luck on eggs, so I have stopped trying to get them for a while. I am also thinking about taking a break from Cave/Desert Hunts. I think my target right now is going to be Lillipup or Poocheyena. I might also go back to XY to see if I can get luck from the friend safaris or hoards.

Last edited:

WildShinyUmbreon

Years
  • So I started playing Black because I never played any Gen 5 games... and my goofy butt decided I need a shiny Blitzle. I haven't even beat the second gym. Time to strap in for 8192 random encounters or more...... wish me luck.............

Update: Took a break from the RE shiny hunt. Took HOURS to chain these Flabebe that kept me from finding that first Swirlix. I mean, they obviously wanted to be chained... But then it took me sooooo long to find my shiny. Lucky, though, she has a blue flower, my favorite color! Her name's Taffy, and she's the first member of my shiny Fairy team.

Update 2: I went on to look for a shiny Swirlix, and after 38 swirls mixed with an entire hour of re-radaring due to no good patches of grass, I caught that beautiful, beautiful caramel cotton candy. Her name is Butterscotch.

Update 3: Took Taffy and Butterscotch to the IV Judge. Taffy apparently has 31 IVs in Attack, Sp. Def, and Speed! (And here I thought her attack was super low...) Meanwhile, Taffy has 31 in Attack and Speed.

Last edited:

PokeHunterBlack

Bounty Hunter
    Years
  • I wouldn't mind joining! I only have a shiny noibat at the moment, but I am hunting for a shiny Froakie with the egg method. Any help would be appreiciated. I haven't had much luck with the chain hunting though with the DexNav. :(

Sandslash Fan

Spikey Boi
    Years
  • Caught a shiny Audino without trying! I think it's due to my DS being on for a while now, but whatever works :)

531.png

Nickname: Lucky
    Game: Y, Route 6
    Nature: Hardy
    Ability: Regenerator
    LVL: 10

G-Money

Polychromatic Iridescence
    Years
  • The 2016 Summer Quest!!!!

Happy Summer!!! For Summer 2016, you get an additional two teams to complete for the Yearly Quest!

Team Summernames:

• A shiny whose name begins with the letter S!
    • A shiny whose name begins with the letter U!
    • A shiny whose name begins with the letter M!
    • A shiny whose name begins with the letter M!
    • A shiny whose name begins with the letter E!
    • A shiny whose name begins with the letter R!

Team Summertypes:

• A Fire-type shiny!
    • A Water-type shiny!
    • A Grass-type shiny!
    • A Flying-type shiny!
    • A shiny who can learn the move Sunny Day!
    • A shiny who can evolve through happiness!

The 2016 Summer Quest will last until 11:59 PM on September 18th, 2016. Good luck and have fun! :)

Spoiler:

LilyGardy

The Flowering Pokemon
    Years
  • After a lengthy break from Shiny Hunting I am back to Shiny Hunting and have had a very fortunate past couple of days.

White 2 - Paige

Shiny Male Dratini (Lance) - Obtained in White 2 after completing the White Treehollow. He has an Adamant Nature and is now a Shiny Green Dragonite. The Green on Dragonite reminds me of a traditional European Dragon and is a colour scheme I like a lot. I will use him in the PWT and Subway.

X - Stephanie

Shiny Nidoran Male (Amodeus) - Found whilst horde hunting. The blue Nidoran popped up on the far right of the horde. He has a Naive Nature and is now a Blue and White Nidoking. The Dark blue and white on Nidoking works really well and for me is a case of a Shiny looking gar better than his normal form. I think I will breed a regular Nidoran female, evolve her into Nidoqueen and pair them up to see how they work in battle.

Shiny Male Cubchoo - Found whilst horde hunting. He has a Hardy Nature and the Snow Cloak ability. I already have a Shiny Beartic (Female) so will likely keep this little guy as an adorable Cubchoo.

Shiny Male Riolu (Lucian) - Found in a Fighting Type Friend Safari. My friend Safari luck is notoriously bad so I was extra pleased to find a Yellow Riolu. He has a Timid Nature and perfect IV's in Defence, Special Attack and Special Defense. Lucario is not a Pokémon I have used extensively but creating a Special focused Yellow Lucario sounds like a fun idea.

Sandslash Fan

Spikey Boi
    Years
  • Awesome, congrats on the shiny Audino!! Regenerator's an awesome ability, too. Any ideas on what you'll be hunting for next?
    Trying to hunt for a shiny Shroomish on my Alpha Sapphire, but since I don't have the Shiny Charm... it's taking forever. I caught my Zigzagoon from a horde encounter, so it's not super strong or anything.

I've made the terrible decision to try a Shiny Nuzlocke (see challenge thread for Nuzlocke). If I want to catch a Pokemon from any given route, I've added the - insane - rule that it must be shiny lol

Caught my Zigzagoon as my "starter" and now I've been stuck on Route 104 and Petalburg Woods trying to get a shiny Taillow or Shroomish respectively. I was doing extremely well chaining Taillow on Route 104, but their levels got too high for my Linoone hunting team to be able to defeat after a certain point.

UPDATE: Just fainted a shiny Magikarp while chaing fishing... guess this Lileep is stronger than I thought :(

MORE UPDATE: Caught a shiny Tentacool in Dewford Town and another shiny Magikarp on Route 104.

Tentacool - Docile nature, Clear Body
    Magikarp - Bold nature

Last edited:

WildShinyUmbreon

Years
  • I'm back from my five-day camping trip!
    I'm really bad at sticking to one goal once I've made it. Currently in progress, I have the shiny Blitzle hunt (via RE) in Black, a shiny Eevee hunt (via Pokeradar) in X, and a shiny Vulpix hunt (via dexnav) in OR.
    A quick question, too... Does anyone know whether DexNav hunting depends on how high the chain gets or how high the search level gets??? Because my only Dexnav shiny is a Poochyena, and she was caught on the 7th pooch in the chain, at search level ~70. My current Vulpix hunt is Chain 274, search level 241. Where did all that luck go, right!?

Last edited:

Sandslash Fan

Spikey Boi
    Years
  • Every 5th Pokemon you chain has increased shiny odds (that I've read), but you don't have to keep chaining after the 5, you can start over. High search order just increases the odds of IVs and egg moves. Shiny Charm just helps as usual.

Years
  • Oh there's a shiny club! A really old one at that, wow. Heya! I'm fairly new. I notice the OP said to list what shinies I own so here I go. I've got a shiny: Zoroark, Raichu, Dewott, Sylveon, Smeargle, Pikachu, Electrike, Steelix, Spinda, Exploud, Blaziken, Simisage, Rapidash, Garchomp, Mawile, Ambipom, Klinklang, Gengar, Shinx, Pidgeotto and Giratina.

All these have been acquired through a mix of random encounters, breeding, Friend Safari, chaining, soft resetting, and Dexnav.

My latest one was the Shinx, which I got a few days ago by chaining in Platinum. After unsuccessfully trying to chain all day, I finally got it after a chain of just 10!

I'm not currently looking for any shinies at the moment. I'm taking a small break because Kirby Robobot released, and the Rhythm Heaven Megamix so I've been caught up in those. I'll get back to shiny hunting after that though.

Last edited:
    Years
  • Hello!
    I was taking a break from shiny hunting due to studying, but I'm back.
    Aiming for a shiny weedle via Masuda method with IV's so I can finally have a shiny mega Beedril! I already hatched a lot of eggs, but no luck yet. I hope I will find it soon!

Years
  • omg, a shiny hunters club! i was looking for one for the last ten minutes.. in all the wrong forums. :8:
    the shinies i currently have (excluding ones ive gotten over wonder trade or through giveaways) are haxorus, charizard, noctowl, and ampharos. haxorus and charizard i got through friend safari, ampharos i got through horde encounters, and the noctowl was pure luck.

as you can see, im kinda new to shiny hunting with a measly four shinies, but the reason i have so few is mostly because i dont have the shiny charm yet and hunting is a pain without it. once i get the shiny charm, i will try breeding for a shiny eevee, but im missing about 100 pokemon in the pokedex so that could take a while.

Back