• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Pokémon] ~>{*Shiny Hunters Club}<~

G-Money

Polychromatic Iridescence
Years
  • 8700 Golett
    7378 Eevee
    5834 Dratini / 2917 Clefairy

Now I'm up to 6 hunts at 5700 or more, "lol".

I applied to do a panel on shiny pokemon and hunting them at one of my local anime/gaming conventions. I'm super excited and nervous as I haven't done much public speaking... but I think it will be a great opportunity for me to spread the fun of shiny hunting as well as meet some new friends and recruit people to my local pokemon meetup group! I hope my panel gets accepted. Wish me luck!

That sounds awesome! Good luck!

I would like to join please. I have so far caught a shiny pidgey in Leaf Green and that's all so far.

Just a quick question: On the FAQ here, it says that if you have a dry internal battery, you cannot obtain a shiny through soft resetting. Is this true? I usually wouldn't believe this but I have been shiny hunting on Sapphire for a Rayquaza and I'm up around 20,000 SRs or so and I still haven't found one.

Welcome to the SHC! From what I remember about the internal battery discussions, I think R/S work like Emerald once the battery has dried up; you can still get shinies, but they're stuck on certain frames, so SRing doesn't really work. For example, you might have a shiny frame 12 seconds after you turn the game on, and so you'll always find a shiny if you encounter a Pokemon 12 seconds into the game. So I guess you could try hunting for a little bit by waiting a second before encountering Rayquaza, then waiting 2 seconds, etc., but that could take a really long time if you don't have an early shiny frame... :/

Ran into a random shiny Whismur in a horde, and today I found the shiny Braixen I've been after! Shame about the lack of hidden ability but beggers can't be choosers.

Congrats!

Can I join?

Yes, welcome! Good luck on those hunts!

Ok, I joined several months ago but I haven't posted until now. Well, out of total randomness, I was able to find a shiny Altaria in my X game!

Congrats! Good luck on your Froakie hunt!

Just found a shiny Growlithe in a friend safari! That makes my shiny count 8. ^^

Congrats!

Hey everybody! (really) Long time no see! I'm not sure I even recognize anyone anymore.. Let me know if you are someone I know but have changed your name. :) No new shiny Pokes here but I'm about to start hunting in Pokemon X. Shido, are you around? *goes back to read the old messages to see what's been happening in the last couple of years.*
    Kim

Welcome back! I just joined a couple of years ago, but I remember reading some posts by you when I originally read through the thread. It's great to see a legendary hunter return!

EDIT: SHINY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Shiny Dratini on #6041! A 30 IV in Special Defense and a Lax nature, so pretty good.

Now, given that it's December and I've gotten my other-eleven-months-of-the-year LG shiny, I think it's time to return to Icefall Cave and my 10777 encounters, haha.

Last edited:

Christopher

Hear Me Roar
    Years
  • Congrats on the shinies especially the Dratini I've always loved that whole lines shiny versions.

I just ran into a Shiny Pupitar in the Friend Safari while looking for a Nosepass with magnet pull (going to try and horde hunt Klefki). Too bad it's a Hardy nature, and I have no access to the mega, but I'm still thrilled.

Good luck to everyone hunting.

Christopher

Hear Me Roar
    Years
  • Gratz on the Ninetales that's a pretty sought after shiny.

I just stumbled upon a Shiny Venomoth in the Friend Safari, Modest Nature 3 perfect IVs, totally psyched that I might get to use this guy.

Years
    • Seen Aug 18, 2016
    Hi, I'm new here and I have a question. I just bought a pokemon emerald with the battery run dry and I like to hunt shinys by soft reset or masuda (so far, I have a moltres by SR in Soul silver and a Riolu from an egg in White 2) and I was reading that in emerald is not reccomend for SR's pokemon because it has a Broken RNG and I was soft reseting like 50 times for files and changing ID's but still no luck. The battery run dry is the cause ? Will I have to replace the battery ? or Will I never get a shiny in emerald?

Years
  • Lol sadly the Ninetails is not for me. It's for my girlfriend for Christmas. I'm giving her Pokémon Y with her 6 favorite Pokémon, all shiny. If I run into another, I'll definitely be keeping it.

G-Money

Years
  • 11111 Icefall Cave encounters
    9231 Golett

Shiny Pupitar

Shiny Ninetails

Shiny Venomoth

Congrats!

Hi, I'm new here and I have a question. I just bought a pokemon emerald with the battery run dry and I like to hunt shinys by soft reset or masuda (so far, I have a moltres by SR in Soul silver and a Riolu from an egg in White 2) and I was reading that in emerald is not reccomend for SR's pokemon because it has a Broken RNG and I was soft reseting like 50 times for files and changing ID's but still no luck. The battery run dry is the cause ? Will I have to replace the battery ? or Will I never get a shiny in emerald?

Welcome! Yeah, I definitely wouldn't try SRing in Emerald - regardless of the battery status, it has the shiny "frames" problem where shinies only occur at certain time intervals after you turn the game on, so SRing isn't going to change the Pokemon you encounter unless you wait a different amount of time after each SR, which isn't really worth the time after a few seconds or so. Ruby and Sapphire are fixable if you replace the battery, but Emerald starts out with the broken RNG, so even replacing the battery wouldn't change things. :/

The good news is that most of the Emerald SRables are available in other games, so you can still hunt for those Pokemon in 4th gen games! :)

Chr. Draco

Spatial Rift
    Years
    • Seen Apr 6, 2024
    just passing by.
    congrats on all those shinies, specially the longest hunts, sometimes the longer the hunt, more valuable for the hunter regardless of IV and nature.
    also welcome to new members and welcome back to those returning. It's good to have all of you here and your shiny stories/adventures/progress.

Years
    • Seen Dec 7, 2013
    Sign me up for this group! n u n <3 I have been shiny hunting for almost three years now, but I stopped a little more than a year ago... but I am making a come back! I made a new YT dedicated for shiny videos! But it's nice to be on forums and to talk with other fans and such! : D I have a good amount of shinies I feel like! Not as much as others, but hey! It's a start! I hope to talk with more people! (my youtube is the same as my username <3)

Years
    • Seen Jan 15, 2014
    yeahhh just got my first shiny a shiny treeco after a bunch of SR's i lost count of how many but he looks so cool also congrats on everyone elses shiny findings.

Christopher

Hear Me Roar
    Years
  • Hello everyone,

Congrats on the Treecko. I've never really had the patience to SR for very long. :D

Just caught a 2nd Shiny Sunkern in the Friend Safari, was really hoping for one of the other 2 pokemon in there as I'm not a big fan of Sunkern.

Years
    • Seen Jan 15, 2014
    thanx and yeah i didnt i kept taking long breaks in between and did while watching tv or a movie it only took like around 1000 SR's

G-Money

Years
  • SHINY!!!!! Golett! I love how Shiny Golett looks in the game...or maybe it just looks extra awesome to me because I've gotten so used to the regular ones, haha. The shiny came on Golett 9,650. Six out of eighteen shiny Ghosts for my Ghost Quest now! I caught it on a critical capture, too, which was pretty cool to do for a shiny!

Sign me up for this group!

Welcome to the club! What shinies do you have?

shiny treeco

Congrats!! What game were you hunting on?

2nd Shiny Sunkern

Congrats!

11611 Icefall Cave encounters.

EDIT 12/18/13: Gah, it looks like I forgot to subtract the Axiom 22 Druddigon numbers! I had 9650 encounters on my "Golett" hunt, but the first 4188 came before shiny Druddigon, so I really should've started the numbers over from there. So my shiny Golett really came on number 5462!

Last edited:

Runasutaru

Guardian Spectre
    Years
  • Hey, lads and lasses! I haven't been here in a few days (maybe weeks?), so I've been slacking on giving you Shiny news. First, though:

Congratulations on all the Shinies obtained while I've been away. I hope following hunts will proceed as usual - with results!

@Enderjay: Go-go-go! Full steam ahead with getting your Pidgey ready for a cross-generation journey!

@Akidatheart: One, two, three... Oh wow, how many years has it been? It's great to see you around! I'm not entirely sure we got to talk but I certainly read your posts from years past.

As for me, I got yet another Shiny while doing breeding for competitive. Meet Juntak, the Careful Hitmonchan! My camera's currently out of battery, so webcam quality plus image shrink for clarity is go:

Spoiler:

On a different note, I ended up trading the Shiny Sneasel I got from the Friend Safari for a Master Ball. As much as it reminded me of some nice times, I can't seem to feel attached to Shinies from the Friend Safari.

Encounter chances in there may be as high as 1/300ish, at worst around 1/1000ish. It's still not easy, but the perseverance previously put into lower chances combined with how much easier it is to get a bred Shiny with amazing IVs this gen completely kills any non-breeding methods for me.

Indeed, the chances have been increased by two times across the board, but I can compromise with the loss of rarity because I finally feel like both the IV breeding manipulation and the hunt for a Shiny can be done simultaneously at high efficiency, now.

A question for those reading this who may reply to me, while I'm at it:

---
    How do you feel towards Friend Safari Shinies?
    ---

Have they made you more excited because you can manage more hunts for things you want, perhaps also while still having a high chance for good stats?

Do you, on other hand, feel like it's too 'certain', similarly to Radar/fishing chaining odds?

Do you perhaps not particularly care and are just happy to see more people hunting and more results popping out?

Give me, and us, your thoughts, if you wish to do such. I know I'd love to read them!

P.S.: I certainly like seeing a lot of people hunting, even if I don't use the same methods. A sparkle left to chance is nevertheless a sparkle! (Or psychic blades cutting through the air, as I describe the Shiny "sching!" in this game)

EDIT: I almost forgot! I got myself a Shiny Trapinch from the Friend Safari, today. Considering what you read above, does anyone want him? He's Bashful, male with Sheer Force and I've nicknamed him "Anririki". I'm willing to take the nickname off or give it a new nickname, though.

Last edited:

Christopher

Hear Me Roar
    Years
  • Congrats on the Shinies guys.

As per the Friend Safari, I do think the value of shinies will go down because of it. However it doesn't ruin them for me. I find that it's a great place to EV train and Shiny hunt simultaneously.

That being said I found my 3rd Shiny Sunkern and a Shiny Sawsbuck today.

icelovebunnies9

Ghastly Dragon
    Years
  • I finally hatched a shiny Charmander! ^^ This was my first shiny that I got through Masuda method. I got it in my 69th egg. ^^ Now I'm trying to figure out what to get next. I want to get a shiny that looks cool...Minccino looks pretty cool to me, so I might do that next. But I'm not completely sure.

Years
  • Of course the new rates are going to make shinies lose a little of their value, but I'm okay with that. They're still left with some decent value. Friend Safaris only cover about 150 pokemon (I'm not sure on the exact number, but I do know it's around there), so the pool isn't overly massive. It covers less than a fourth of the total amount of pokemon to date. It encourages me more to always shiny hunt, and I will admit I've gotten a little addicted to it. As long as the chances aren't increased even further, AND a possible patch for chain fishing is released, I'm fine.

G-Money

Years
  • So, 2014 is going to be the 10th anniversary of the Shiny Hunters Club. I think it would pretty cool to do something new, but also really old to celebrate 10 years of PokeCommunity's awesomest thread. Here's my idea: how about instead of doing the Yearly/Monthly/Weekly Quests next year, we try to go for something legendary: the shiny Pokedex! Way back in the second post of the thread, SkinnyGreenMan started an attempt to see if everyone in the club, working together as shiny hunters, could manage to complete the Pokedex. I think it would be pretty cool, for the club's 10th anniversary, to try to accomplish that dream. What do you guys think?

Hunting sure has changed a lot in the past decade, so we could change it up a bit by making it more into a club-wide Quest. I was thinking something along the lines of starting a global shiny Bulbasaur hunt on January 1st, and then once someone in the club gets one, we move on to shiny Charmander. That way it'd be more of a group thing than individual competitions, but it'd probably be really fun to have everyone hunting together. And we could look back at the end of the year and see who got the most shinies for the Club 2014 Dex, so we could sort of race against each other in that way. And since there are so many Pokemon now (over 700!), it should probably be that if someone got Charmander before anyone got Bulbasaur, it wouldn't count, and we could try to see how far we can progress through the Dex throughout the year.

Would anyone be up for trying that? Of course everyone would still be free hunt their own targets and whatnot, but would enough of you guys want to try it at least as a fun side thing?

shiny Mightyena

Hitmonchan!
    Shiny Trapinch

3rd Shiny Sunkern and a Shiny Sawsbuck

shiny Charmander!

Congrats!

---
    How do you feel towards Friend Safari Shinies?
    ---

Have they made you more excited because you can manage more hunts for things you want, perhaps also while still having a high chance for good stats?

Do you, on other hand, feel like it's too 'certain', similarly to Radar/fishing chaining odds?

Do you perhaps not particularly care and are just happy to see more people hunting and more results popping out?

Give me, and us, your thoughts, if you wish to do such. I know I'd love to read them!

P.S.: I certainly like seeing a lot of people hunting, even if I don't use the same methods. A sparkle left to chance is nevertheless a sparkle! (Or psychic blades cutting through the air, as I describe the Shiny "sching!" in this game)

Eh, I don't really like the Friend Safaris myself. It's sort of like the debates that sprang up over the Pokeradar making shinies much easier to obtain in GenIV, only this time there isn't a difficult side-game that itself is really hard to master and at least semi-compensates for the reduced odds by making it more challenging. I find the most fulfilling shinies to get are the ones that are hardest to find, and I think you can even see that just over the last page here with people seeming much more excited over 1/8192 or MM shinies (and with more exclamation points, "lol") in their posts than when catching Friend Safari ones. As you said, it's great to see more people hunting and it's great that they get people to start being interested in shinies who otherwise might not have started hunting, but personally, I'm going to avoid the Friend Safaris and continue shiny hunting as I always have.

Years
    • Seen Nov 24, 2014
    Got a shiny Luvdisc out of chain fishing today, although I don't think it can actually be counted as that since my chain was only about 3. I was at a friend's house playing my brand new copy of Y and I kept getting distracted, which made my chains go to a max of only 10 so I assume the odds wouldn't have been very high...

But yeah, first 3D shiny :D
    Also congrats on all the recent shinies. What's with the friend safari being so widely used for hunting? I don't get it.

Back