• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Pokémon] ~>{*Shiny Hunters Club}<~

Paulthagerous

Master of the Dragonites
Years
  • Hi to all new members, and congrats on all new shinies!

Only took another 6000ish starters seen and this cutie appeared:

Spoiler:

So didn't take too long to get.

And ignore the date, had a go at RNG abusing for a shiny on HG but just can't get the timing right. Forgot to change the date back though!

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
    Years
  • After looking at my pokemon, I have yet tot actually catch a shiny fairy type that is kalos born or caught, so I might go for one. I have Gardevoir and Sylveon, but Gard was Unova breed and Sylveon was an event eevee from a while ago that I got in a trade. So I might go for a Kalos born/caught Fairy. Not sure which one, but might try to get a swirlix. My favorite fairy type pokemon.

Good job with the Chikorita!

Years
  • Soft Reset Sapphire twice per day by one month and got a Shiny female Mudkip for my Sis,got a Shiny rattata and buyed a shiny Magikarp(for that guy in the Pokémon Center near Mt.Moon) on FR and a Shiny Claydol on my Emerald save.
    I also gained a Shiny Gengar(On Crystal as a Birthday gift[That's today,may 22)]and got a shiny Oddish (breeded Vileplume with a recently caugh shiny Ditto in Ruby,and he won some contests)
    I'm trying to breed a Shiny Torchic.
    Ps:For my happiness,also in Emerald,I got A SHINY BAGON!!!!!!!!!!

Sorry for the time without coming here,I was stalking Pokémon Platinum Red and Blue thread and trying to get some shinies to tell about here.

Years
  • Look at my Shiny Yanma:

I don't even remember when I got him,just was trying to get one shiny for the Random Pokémon of the week when I found one and I noticed that I had one.
    His name is Guile because it has Sonicboom.
    Just noticed,it has two Wing attacks,I think my sis played with it and went to the move tutor,ok,move tutors exist for this!
    Wait,wait,it has PokéRus?I din't even noticed that!

Last edited:
    Years
  • Its been a while since I posted....
    Welcome to all the new members and congrats on all the shinies everyone!

I picked up my game for the first time in a while yesterday to breed a rain dish squirtle. While I was looking for one, I came across a shiny azumarill!!

Then after getting a decent parent set up, I bred a Shiny squirtle!!! He is now ev trained and a part of my water team.

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
    Years
  • I said I was going to try for a fairy, but decided I wanted to get 9 shinies in every region. Still need 1 more from Kanto, so working on trying to get a Vulpix.

Years
    • Seen May 29, 2014
    Too bad I already have a shiny Yanma, so I won't be hunting this week's prey. :P

So far, 9k encounters on each game, nothing. Really hope this sentret will pop up soon!

Years
    • Seen Apr 24, 2024
    OMG MY THREE MONTH DROUGHT IS OVER! Shiny Yanma after 1824 hordes!(9120 pokemon!) Sadly my only camera is now unusable, but he's Hasty nature, with good perseverance! His IV's are: 19/19/29/9/9/19. Not the best but I don't care! Was reading the old pages of this thread and horde REing, hear sparkles, saw the blue and freaked! Now to train him! Name pending atm. Good luck all, WHOOOO!
    ~MistressofMightyena~

Spritingyoshi22

That guy over there
    Years
  • OMG MY THREE MONTH DROUGHT IS OVER! Shiny Yanma after 1824 hordes!(9120 pokemon!) Sadly my only camera is now unusable, but he's Hasty nature, with good perseverance! His IV's are: 19/19/29/9/9/19. Not the best but I don't care! Was reading the old pages of this thread and horde REing, hear sparkles, saw the blue and freaked! Now to train him! Name pending atm. Good luck all, WHOOOO!
    ~MistressofMightyena~

Woah Shiny Yanma thats awesome MistressofMightyena congratz.

I have a question as I can finally start hunting again now all my exams and stuff are finished. It's about the Trophy Garden as I'm planning on hunting for Chansey in it. SO let's say that Mr.Backlot says that he found a Chansey in his garden on one day. I go and do multiple encounters but don't find a shiny. The pokemon Backlot mentions will reset every 24 hours. So my question is if I stayed in the Trophy Garden after the 24 hour period without talking to Mr.Backlot again would the pokemon still reset? (IE would I just stop finding Chansey and instead start finding Clefairy or a different pokemon all of sudden)

I already found one useful thing about the Trophy Garden that the pokemon Backlot mentions will change by simply soft resetting.

Latios Master

11 Year PC Member
    Years
  • Welcome to the club, Nackles42!

Congrats on all the new shinies!

I'm sorry to hear about the Foongus, Enth.

This week's random hunt is… Joltik! Sorry for the delay.

Years
    • Seen Jun 28, 2016
    I have not posted in awhile but I come with good news. After 1239 REs at Stark Mountain, I found a shiny Magcargo. It's Male, level 55, and with a calm nature. (-Atk, +Sp Def)

IVs:
    6-7 HP
    0-3 ATK
    2-3 DEF
    8-9 SP ATK
    26-27 SP DEF
    26-27 SPD

I hunted here three phases to get this. The first phase ended with a shiny Graveler after ~160 hours, or ~18k-20k REs. Phase two ended with a shiny Weezing. (No clue what the REs were but relatively a short hunt: 15 hours tops). This hunt I recorded 1239 REs but I did about ~400 before marking down what I saw. All three phases were on my Diamond Version.

Machoke = 115 (9.2%)
    Magcargo = 365 (29.5%)
    Weezing = 127 (10.3%)

Camerupt = 63 (5.1%)
    Golbat = 117 (9.4%)
    Onix = 56 (4.5%)
    Geodude = 72 (5.8%)
    Graveler = 261 (21.1%)
    Slugma = 63 (5.1%)

Total = 1239

Steven

[i]h e l p[/i]
    Years
  • Right now I am hatching Carbink. Just finished the first box. I've actually hatched around 6 boxes before with no luck. I love Carbink..I shall name it Marina. The only Pokemon I have/will ever nickname. Using a Korean 6IV Ditto and a Japanese 3IV Carbink w/Sturdy. I think Korean/Japanese still works for Masuda Method..

Ooh, I did hatch a 31/31/31/31/x/31 though with Sturdy so I guess I'll swap the parent out. I'll probably stop when I get a 6IV Carbink if I get that before a shiny one though.

Box 2 down. I've hatched 2000+ eggs in X/Y and I have yet to get a MM shiny. I had much better luck in BW2. :( I love PokeBank though. I have X and Y, and X I just use to playthrough sometimes so whenever I need to release tons of breeded Pokemon I just send them to X and restart the game. Time saver <3

Eh, I got at 31/31/31/x/31/31 which is perfect for my suicide Carbink and that's all I really needed. Got an extra one too if anyone wants it for free.

Last edited:

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
    Years
  • I have hit a try spell after my 5 shinies or so in a week. I knew it would happen eventually.

I have been trying to get a Treverent, but haven't had any luck (cant remember how many hordes.) along with many other pokemon I have tried to get shinies for. I guess I may try to get one more shiny before the end of the month, but not sure what, now though.

Years
  • Good gosh! I've been so lucky lately. Got a super cute shiny 5IV Mareep with Calm as an ability. On my way to evolve it into a fabulous mega Amphy now. 8D

Carbink is super cute, too. I'm planning on breeding a shiny in the future.

Years
  • Hi all,

First off, gratz on yanma, magcargo and mareep (Hope i didn't miss anyone).

I have finally gotten my first proper hunted shiny in months! I was breeding a comp. Ferroseed for a friend (and for myself). I had a japanese 4IV Ferroseed (HP, ATK, DEF, SPD, Brave) that i got over wonder-trade, and i like to have all my comp team with me as the OT. I put the ferroseed and a 2IV (ATK, HP) ditto in the daycare with everstone and destiny knot and literally 4 EGGS IN, I got a shiny ferroseed.

Brave, relatively superior 31/x/x/x/x/x (I haven't checked the IVs yet). Kinda dissapointed about IVs but hey, a shiny is a shiny.

In all reality though its more like 130 eggs from MM (vulpix and snover with no luck) plus over 1000 eggs non-masuda from breeding for the VGC (it takes a long time when you only have 4 2IV dittos and no ditto friend safari)

I kinda gave up on the foongus and remembered i also lost a poliwag a while back when chain fishing was a thing, so foongus wasn't really the first shiny i have lost. I will keep trying for foongus though.

I eventually got my 4IV brave and will try for a 4IV relaxed (for other smogon set). Maybe i'll get another shiny along the way. Going into exams though so i might not be able to do much hunting over the next week.

GL on all hunts, happy hunting and sorry for the semi-tl;dr post

Years
    • Seen Sep 4, 2014
    I am starting a new SR hunt -- Ho-oh on HG! i thought i'd start with one easily recognizable as shiny :)

Back