• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen ~Shiny Hunters~

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
Years
    • Seen Oct 3, 2016
    Hi Trainers, I see people boasting about there "Limited Edition Max IV Shiny Mew" and I wonder how do they do it. All the experienced Shiny Hunters out there, could you give me some tips? People will say "It's just Luck" but you see people with about 200 shinies so there has to be something to it! So if you have any tips (good places to luck etc.) I'd be grateful!
    Mew cannot be bred, nor can it be caught in-game. There has also not been a Mew event since way back in 2010. Therefore, I have every reason to believe that the Mew you speak of is a hack and is not something that should be asked for help finding. Forget the Max IV part of it; the Shiny part, and even the very fact that it supposedly appears within Kalos, is a hack.

Years
    • Age 23
    • Seen Apr 6, 2018
    I haven't had any luck in catching shiny Pokemon in X but I get 31 iv Pokemon left and right I do however have awesome luck catching shiny Pokemon in my emerald game for me 3rd gen and lower is easiest to catch shiny Pokemon in I got a shiny Linoone and Spinda!

DemoBoy

The guy with all those shinies
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Sep 18, 2014
    I found my second shiny this morning before going to work. The last time I found a shiny it was in pkmn sapphire about 10 years ago. I couldn't believe it when I found a shiny sigilygh in the friend safari.

Years
    • Age 23
    • Seen Apr 6, 2018
    I found my second shiny this morning before going to work. The last time I found a shiny it was in pkmn sapphire about 10 years ago. I couldn't believe it when I found a shiny sigilygh in the friend safari.

Really wow can you post a pic I've never seen a Shiny Sigilygh?

Akuryou Inushii

Reliant Cain
    Years
  • Hey guys!

I've had luck recently in the Friend Safari again, after a long hiatus of not hunting.

So I was wandering around in an Electric-type safari, with Emolga, Pikachu, and my favorite electric type, Manectric. I was on Skype with my boyfriend, and all the sudden I see sparkles. I look over, and it was a shiny Manectric! I was speechless, since I had never had particularly good luck in that safari, I'd gone in there a lot in the past, couldn't find anything.

So, in honor of the shiny Manectric, I decided to clone it while it was holding a Master Ball. I'm giving them away, first come, first serve! Let me know if you'd like one. <3

(I only have six of them.)

Years
  • My Very first shiny after playing every generation was about a week ago. i caught a shiny azuril! cutest freaking pokemon ever! i then evolved him into a azumaril and quickly lost interest. traded him on gts for a yveltal for my dex. then yesterday as i was breeding for a naughty trubbish, i was wonder trading a few of my non naughtys lol and got a shiny frillish! traded that to. i really want a shiny aegislash!

Akuryou Inushii

Reliant Cain
    Years
  • My Very first shiny after playing every generation was about a week ago. i caught a shiny azuril! cutest freaking pokemon ever! i then evolved him into a azumaril and quickly lost interest. traded him on gts for a yveltal for my dex. then yesterday as i was breeding for a naughty trubbish, i was wonder trading a few of my non naughtys lol and got a shiny frillish! traded that to. i really want a shiny aegislash!

I can definitely get you one, if you so desire. ^^ I added your friend code also, and I got your PM about one of the Manectrics.

DemoBoy

The guy with all those shinies
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Sep 18, 2014
    I just caught ANOTHER shiny Sigilyph lol. Friend Safari is treating me well :P

Friend Code if anyone wants to add me: 3325-3565-8033

Akuryou Inushii

Reliant Cain
    Years
  • So I decided to do some testing in the Friend Safari after reading some data on Smogon about the shiny rates in there. So, it's approximated that the shiny rate is 1/512. The shiny charm has no effect. To test this, I did a tally chart in a notebook during my hunt in a Fire-type safari. After around 90 encounters, I found a shiny Charmeleon.

Years
    • Age 23
    • Seen Apr 6, 2018
    So I decided to do some testing in the Friend Safari after reading some data on Smogon about the shiny rates in there. So, it's approximated that the shiny rate is 1/512. The shiny charm has no effect. To test this, I did a tally chart in a notebook during my hunt in a Fire-type safari. After around 90 encounters, I found a shiny Charmeleon.

And what did you come up with in your tally chart? Nice what ivs does it have maxed out?

Akuryou Inushii

Reliant Cain
    Years
  • I had roughly 50 encounters logged before going to lay down in bed, and it seems that tipping has no effect either. If demand is great, I may put the link to the data here.

I haven't checked it yet, I will soon though!

Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen Jul 5, 2015
    Finnaly got my first shinny, a shinny Meowth
    even thought is not very different from the regular version (is like a tanned meowth) it is still a shinny
    so many emotions with my first shinny of all times *--------*
    would love to trade for a legendary though, i only have pokemon y so i have only pokemon y legendaries (Yvetal, Zygarde, Mewtwo, Diancie, Darkrai, Celebi)

Akuryou Inushii

Reliant Cain
    Years
  • Finnaly got my first shinny, a shinny Meowth
    even thought is not very different from the regular version (is like a tanned meowth) it is still a shinny
    so many emotions with my first shinny of all times *--------*
    would love to trade for a legendary though, i only have pokemon y so i have only pokemon y legendaries (Yvetal, Zygarde, Mewtwo, Diancie, Darkrai, Celebi)

Congratulations on your first shiny! Getting your very first one is always an exciting experience. =)

Years
    • Age 23
    • Seen Apr 6, 2018
    My very first was a Rapidash it was so freaking cool then I lost the game it was on. I had never heard of a shiny Pokemon before when I caught it and freaked out thinking I caught some event Pokemon thing lol! Congrats on yours and may there be many many more to come its awesome when you catch your first shiny!

Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen Jul 5, 2015
    exctly sooo awesome, i'm trying to complete the pokedex now so that i can get the shinny charm and get a lot of them, i've heard that the charm makes a loot easier to get shinnies

ps: thanks guys, what was your first shinny inushii?

Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen Jul 5, 2015
    btw, how lucky you guys are using the masuda method ? i've alread breed over 100 dratinis but no shiny so far

Last edited:
    Back