• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen ~Shiny Hunters~

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
Years
    • Seen Oct 3, 2016
    I haven't had anything in the last week or two. Who stole the horseshoe out of my butt?

Years
  • Gave up shiny breeding after 1200 eggs without a shiny Beldum. Now aiming to get the shiny charm instead before I dare trying to shiny hunt again...

Years
    • Seen Mar 8, 2019
    I hatched a shiny eevee the other day modest with its HA and i decided to go with sylveon as its evolution i could have traded it as an eevee but i kept it since its my first shiny on X and my first masuda shiny
    P.S. Only hatched like 25 eevees to get it :-) got pretty lucky cuz those are hard AF to hatch

Years
    • Seen Nov 23, 2014
    Hi I'm new to this forum btw~ :D Earlier while I was casually hunting for a shiny, a shiny dragonair showed up in my friend safari and i got 2 shiny seakings while hunting for a sharpedo/gyarados. >_< And my first shiny is dwebble btw which was a random encounter from a smashed rock. :D

Here's my FC: 4270-2302-0913

Can someone tell me the last pokemon in my safari? I only know wartortle and krabby :K

Akuryou Inushii

Reliant Cain
    Years
  • Hi I'm new to this forum btw~ :D Earlier while I was casually hunting for a shiny, a shiny dragonair showed up in my friend safari and i got 2 shiny seakings while hunting for a sharpedo/gyarados. >_< And my first shiny is dwebble btw which was a random encounter from a smashed rock. :D

Here's my FC: 4270-2302-0913

Can someone tell me the last pokemon in my safari? I only know wartortle and krabby :K

Welcome to the forum dear! <3 I'm Aku, the creator of this thread. Congratulations on the shiny Pokemon!

Years
    • Seen Nov 23, 2014
    @akuryou Thank you~! ^^ And I'm planning to get at least once shiny every day~ have a great one. :)

Years
    • Seen Jun 23, 2015
    I'm happy because I managed to get a shiny Deino in roughly 15 eggs. I have two other shinies, a relicanth and Alomonola, but those were from chain fishing.

PokeChris123

Pokémon Trainer
    Years
  • In my Pokemon Y, I've got a Shiny Ditto who is Timid and had 6 perfect IVs! It has Limber though... Got this one through Wonder Trade.

Anyways, my first shiny that I caught in Y was Alomomola while fish chaining. Two days ago, I started fish chaining again and ran into a Shiny Gyarados! I was going to catch it but my Cobalion had other plans and decided to knock out the Gyarados. :( But I kept fish chaining and very soon afterwards ran into a shiny Seaking and another shiny Gyarados. Later that day, I went Horde hunting and within a few minutes I managed to capture a shiny Gulpin. Yesterday I went Horde Hunting again, and it took a while but I eventually got what I was searching for: a shiny Minun! Now I'm Horde Hunting again in Terminus Cave, hoping to either get a shiny Durant, a shiny Geodude (not really), or a shiny Larvitar!

Edit: About 5 seconds after I post this, I find a shiny Geodude, lol. Almost had a heart attack when another Geodude used Magnitude, but luckily the shiny Geodude lived and I managed to knock out all the others and catch this shiny Geodude.

By the way, am I the only one who has the worst luck with the Masuda Method, PokeRadar method and Friend Safari shiny Pokemon? I can't ever get Pokemon through these methods.

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
    Years
    • Seen Oct 3, 2016
    In my Pokemon Y, I've got a Shiny Ditto who is Timid and had 6 perfect IVs! It has Limber though... Got this one through Wonder Trade.
    I have a Lonely Japanese one. :)

Anyways, my first shiny that I caught in Y was Alomomola while fish chaining. Two days ago, I started fish chaining again and ran into a Shiny Gyarados! I was going to catch it but my Cobalion had other plans and decided to knock out the Gyarados. :( But I kept fish chaining and very soon afterwards ran into a shiny Seaking and another shiny Gyarados. Later that day, I went Horde hunting and within a few minutes I managed to capture a shiny Gulpin. Yesterday I went Horde Hunting again, and it took a while but I eventually got what I was searching for: a shiny Minun! Now I'm Horde Hunting again in Terminus Cave, hoping to either get a shiny Durant, a shiny Geodude (not really), or a shiny Larvitar!

Edit: About 5 seconds after I post this, I find a shiny Geodude, lol. Almost had a heart attack when another Geodude used Magnitude, but luckily the shiny Geodude lived and I managed to knock out all the others and catch this shiny Geodude.

By the way, am I the only one who has the worst luck with the Masuda Method, PokeRadar method and Friend Safari shiny Pokemon? I can't ever get Pokemon through these methods.
    I haven't put in that big an effort at any yet, just dabbled with them. I did get a Shiny Eevee by chance once, and it had the worst IVs of the entire lot (ironically). I wasn't ready for my Shiny at that point, and in the future Egg Move breeding, did not see another. Once my Dex is filled and I have the Charm, I'll try again now that I've added Wish to the specimen.

My Shiny luck has really been in the Friend Safari so far, meanwhile. In one Safari only, but likely because I hang out there to train things quickly.

Years
    • Seen Dec 28, 2014
    I managed to breed a shiny Froakie with Masuda Method but irritatingly it was one of the very few eggs that didn't have Protean :')

I got a shiny Vivillon with Pokerus through trading a rotom.

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
    Years
    • Seen Oct 3, 2016
    Having rare Pokémon increases your chances of getting quality Shinies. Just obtained a 6IV Shiny Kangaskhan yesterday. Hey, Battle Maison? Checkmate.

Years
    • Seen Dec 28, 2014
    Kangaskhan is going to be one of my next attempts. I'm currently trying to get a Shiny Chespin :)

Akuryou Inushii

Reliant Cain
    Years
  • Having rare Pokémon increases your chances of getting quality Shinies. Just obtained a 6IV Shiny Kangaskhan yesterday. Hey, Battle Maison? Checkmate.

How so? I'm unsure if you mean by trading or not.

Kangaskhan is going to be one of my next attempts. I'm currently trying to get a Shiny Chespin :)

I hope you get it soon! If you need one, I have one~

Last edited by a moderator:

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
    Years
    • Seen Oct 3, 2016
    I may breed an HA one. This one has Scrappy.

It's also Italian. Sadly, it's also female.

How so? I'm unsure if you mean by trading or not.
    It increases trading prospects, for one. "Hey, I have a Mega Kick Pikachu." "WTF REALLY? I GIVE YOU MY 6IV ZYGARDE."

Note that this was a dramatization. But it could happen.

Back