• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen Shiny Pokemon Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Neo Android

Master Eevee Trainer
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Eire
    • Seen Apr 4, 2011
    I dont go shiny hunting but i ahve rarely had a chance to come across one, apart from when my brother was playing emerlad, he caught it the forgot to save <_<

Years
    MeleeMaster-ShinyPokemon said:
    Gave up on shiny Latios. Now I'm just trying to get a Timid one with good IVs. But I'll be SRing for Beldum as soons as I get it.

copycat...im gone for 6 days and this is what i come back to...lol...nothing yet w/ beldum...but im goin on a 20hr in total rd trip so SRing heaven

DDD'SSCEPTILE

GekkouKitsune : Shiny Master
    Years
    Oh, really? Well I was bedridden yesterday and today.. and no shinies.. and that's about 24 hours of Pokemon in 48 hours! Really, that's all I got to do.. :( My antibiotics are also screwing with me... but now I have a Pokemon to SR on and I won't be able to continue through until I get it, so... Please, please be shiny weird tree! Weird tree didn't like the WAILMER PAIL! : o weird tree attacked!

Anyhoo... since it's my first post in this thread.. might as well make it worthwhile... I have a Shiny Ninetails. I caught it as Shiny Vulpix on LG. It's my ONLY Shiny. How long have I been looking? Off and on for a whole year and then some. :( I know. It's sad. And I'm looking for another.. but the future looks so cold... It would be awesome if I could find one ~now~... When I have all the time to do it..

TheFrozen

The frozen feelings...
    Years
    My shinies:
    Clefable - Crystal
    I heard that it is easier to get a shiny from the egg given in crystal by the daycare people. Dunno if it is true but i did get a shiny cleffa from them.
    Bellossom - Ruby
    I was really tired when i was just running thorugh under the bikcycle road even thou I had a bike. And then i ran into the shiny oddish and first i thought... Just another oddish... but when i looked closer I saw it was a SHINY!. I caught it easy with an ultra ball. ^_^ Now I am glad that i didn't ride the bike over the bridge.

Gyarados - Crystal & Gold
    You know where. ^^;;

Shinies I had:
    Arbok - Silver
    MY FIRST SHINY EVER. I thought it was some kind of glitch and caught and trained it to arbok. O_o And it was still shiny so I just putted it into my pc. However it was my friend's silver and the battery IN the game was low so it lost the save file. -__-
    Wigglytuff - Silver
    Another time I restarted silver I got a shiny jigglypuff on the first road you can get it on. The game vannished when I was in Blackthorn... -__-

Shinies trying to get:
    Shroomish - Ruby
    I want a SHINY SHROOMISH. They look so cool. I hope I get an adamant one. I have been hours in the forest and breeded for hours. I guess I have ran into about 100+ shroomish right now. >_>

Rioku_Zanketa

...::Ultimate Warrior::...
    Years
    Rioku_Zanketa said:
    hey,do you have to look in certain areas for the shiny versions of pokemon,just like looking for certain pokemon in certain areas,or wold it be like finding a shiny rattata in silver mountain?....also,did you guys get exacly what I'm asking?....cuz I don't want it to sound confusing...
    uh,.....guys,...this question is still in the air...

and I'm soft reseting for shiny torchic on my sapphire,and on my ruby,I'm searching for a shiny Feebas.......but first i still gotta search for one of the six locations it's in.....

DDD'SSCEPTILE

GekkouKitsune : Shiny Master
    Years
    It doesn't matter where you find it. It's all completely random, to say the least. We just search in certain areas because the Pokemon appears more or there are other Pokemon around that we'd also like to have Shiny. Take Route 120 in Emerald. Alot of those that are in the grass, I'd enjoy having a Shiny version of them. So I can search and it won't matter which one comes up Shiny. :)

Years
    • Seen Jul 20, 2006
    I had a shiny Nidoqueen in my last Leaf Green game..... but I started again a couple of days ago because of boredom. Haven't seen a shiny pkm yet, but i'll get one!

markster91

markster
    Years
    every single pokemon game i played,which is like all except gold and leaf green,i dont think ive seen more than one shiny pokemon if that.they are very hard to find! and yet my brother found like 3+!!!!!

Years
    • Seen Jul 20, 2006
    I agree with markster, I've only ever seen (and luckily caught) two shiny Pokemon. Noctowl in Silver and Nidorina in Leaf Green. Any tips on catchin 'em?? I heard somewhere you have to play 60hrs.... Is it true??

Years
    • Seen Jul 20, 2006
    I agree with markster, I've only ever seen (and luckily caught) two shiny Pokemon. Noctowl in Silver and Nidorina in Leaf Green. Any tips on catchin 'em?? I heard somewhere you have to play 60hrs.... Is it true??

Years
    • Seen Aug 16, 2006
    If u've noticed, u can check out my collection and mainly I use the same method over and over again and it works but takes a long time so if it dun work than i must be lucky

H20

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Aug 21, 2006
    guess what guys? i caught a shiny evee!:badsmile: yeah im back H20 is back *****es!

H20

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Aug 21, 2006
    crap g2g oh and g2hell guy who caught a shiny evee in d moni bois room

Years
    • Seen Oct 27, 2006
    A quick question. Ok, so I am looking for a shiny starter. When you click on the Pokeball to look at the Pokemon when choosing, it shows a picture of the Pokemon. Will you know from that picture wether it is shiny or not or do you have to choose it first to know if it is shiny?

Years
    • Seen Nov 7, 2010
    L0rD said:
    A quick question. Ok, so I am looking for a shiny starter. When you click on the Pokeball to look at the Pokemon when choosing, it shows a picture of the Pokemon. Will you know from that picture wether it is shiny or not or do you have to choose it first to know if it is shiny?
    Nope, you can only check if it's shiny by checking it's stats or in battle.

and well...I know I've ridiculed Shiny hunters in the past but I decided to see what all the fuss was about...so I saved in front of Rayquaza and reset and I got...Shiny Black Rayquaza.
    Shiny Pokemon Discussion

Shiny Pokemon Discussion

only had to reset for an hour before I got it, i thought I would be resetting for weeks. It's awesome. (dang probably should've posted this in the Ruby/Saph/Emerald Shiny thread..but oh well I'll be putting shiny Ray on my Fire Red anyway after I EV train it)

Last edited:
    Years
    Starry said:
    For shiny feebas/milotic: go to route 119 and fish there non-stop from old rod to super rod and do this 10-15 times ur choice with each rod and repeat until u even find one but for a normal feebas itz around 50% so for a shiny itz almost 2-5% chance of encounter...
    Note: it actually gets easier if ur reputation in pokemon contest and battles is high and the feeling ur pokemon have towards you so i advise u to make ur pokemon as happy as possible

can u elaborate on that...i was looking for one but i got through like 1/4 of the lake and gave up...

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back