• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen Shiny Pokemon

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latios Master

11 Year PC Member
Years
  • Gardevoir352 said:
    I know someone asked this but can two non-shinys breed a shiny? I don't think anyone answered that question.
    Yes, two non-shinys can breed a shiny, but the chances are the same as catching one. A very low chance. Breeding a shiny with a non-shiny doesn't even work anymore.

Mr Cat Dog

Frasier says it best
    Years
  • The breeding shiny trick with non-shiny Pokemon doesn't work actually. Since shininess is made up of IVs, and IVs are inherited from the parents, if the parents weren't shiny, there's not a hope of the baby being shiny. The only way to get a shiny via breeding is if both parents are shiny. The odds are still 1 in 16 though... I'm not sure if you're prepared to wait that long...

~ MCD

Years
    • Age 35
    • Seen Oct 15, 2012
    i found a shiny rhyhorn in the safari zone, it ran away... i was sad at first, but then i realized that rhyhorn really sucks... so i'm ok now... but i do need a shiny gengar. those idiots at nintendo made the normal one purple. now i need the shiny one so that it's black like it's supposed to be.

Latios Master

11 Year PC Member
    Years
  • Mr Cat Dog said:
    The breeding shiny trick with non-shiny Pokemon doesn't work actually. Since shininess is made up of IVs, and IVs are inherited from the parents, if the parents weren't shiny, there's not a hope of the baby being shiny. The only way to get a shiny via breeding is if both parents are shiny. The odds are still 1 in 16 though... I'm not sure if you're prepared to wait that long...

~ MCD
    You can't breed shiny Pokemon. It will say "Briming with energy" or something like that. You can get a shiny from breeding two non-shinies, but it is very rare. It would be the same as finding one in the wild

Mr Cat Dog

Frasier says it best
    Years
  • Agh... stupid me. I meant one shiny Pokemon *is having a bad day today... stupid tests* *hits self for the second time*. With one shiny, the odds are something like one in 16... although I haven't checked the guide in ages...

~ MCD

Latios Master

11 Year PC Member
    Years
  • Mr Cat Dog said:
    Agh... stupid me. I meant one shiny Pokemon *is having a bad day today... stupid tests* *hits self for the second time*. With one shiny, the odds are something like one in 16... although I haven't checked the guide in ages...

~ MCD
    1 in 16? There is no way that it is that easy. It was 1 in 64 in g/s/c when IV's count, but in r/s IV's don't count with odds of shinies, so it's much harder. Add a few zeros to that 16. ;)

EDIT: Your welcome, Gardevoir352. :)

Years
    • Seen Mar 1, 2011
    I think we will probably all agree that I am *extremely* lucky when it comes to shiny Pokemon. Because I must have nearly a box-full on my Ruby and Sapphire (combined).
    Okay, okay, so I restarted for Rayquaza, and actually took the time to restart for a shiny Treeko egg, but still . . . .
    Okay, here goes . . . . :
    Golbat, which I evolved (Crobats are pink. ARGH!)
    Makuhita (tis red-gloved)
    Phanpy (just . . . lighter-coloured than normal really)
    Slakoth (slight purple tint)
    Gulpin (light blue)
    Shuppet (bluish-purple-green . . . odd colour)
    Kecleon (blue stripe)
    Poochyena (goldish)
    Ralts, to Gardevoir (light blue instead of green)
    Manectric (black 'stead of blue)
    Treeko to Sceptile (light blue)
    Rayquaza (black)
    Numel (light blue on back)
    Machop, female at that (brown)
    Meditite (red and tan)
    Koffing (blue with purple clouds)
    Zangoose (blue markings)
    Roselia (black and purple blossoms)
    Oddish (lighter green leaves)
    Magnemite (grayish magnet tips)
    Girafarig (blue spikes)
    Trapinch to Flygon (blue replaces dark green)
    Aron to Aggron (odd greenish-bluish colour)
    Voltorb to Electrode (blue instead of red)
    Staryu to Starmie (blue with redish gem)
    Vulpix to Ninetales (silver)
    Relicanth (bluish)
    Regice (lighter more "icey" blue)
    Over 230 hours logged play time combined for both games.
    *pets the Rayquaza and Sceptile, the first two that got to level 100, said because I uploaded to Colosseum to double-level them. ^_^*

Shiney

Sometimes, we come back!
    Years
  • Raptress said:
    I think we will probably all agree that I am *extremely* lucky when it comes to shiny Pokemon. Because I must have nearly a box-full on my Ruby and Sapphire (combined).
    Okay, okay, so I restarted for Rayquaza, and actually took the time to restart for a shiny Treeko egg, but still . . . .
    Okay, here goes . . . . :
    Golbat, which I evolved (Crobats are pink. ARGH!)
    Makuhita (tis red-gloved)
    Phanpy (just . . . lighter-coloured than normal really)
    Slakoth (slight purple tint)
    Gulpin (light blue)
    Shuppet (bluish-purple-green . . . odd colour)
    Kecleon (blue stripe)
    Poochyena (goldish)
    Ralts, to Gardevoir (light blue instead of green)
    Manectric (black 'stead of blue)
    Treeko to Sceptile (light blue)
    Rayquaza (black)
    Numel (light blue on back)
    Machop, female at that (brown)
    Meditite (red and tan)
    Koffing (blue with purple clouds)
    Zangoose (blue markings)
    Roselia (black and purple blossoms)
    Oddish (lighter green leaves)
    Magnemite (grayish magnet tips)
    Girafarig (blue spikes)
    Trapinch to Flygon (blue replaces dark green)
    Aron to Aggron (odd greenish-bluish colour)
    Voltorb to Electrode (blue instead of red)
    Staryu to Starmie (blue with redish gem)
    Vulpix to Ninetales (silver)
    Relicanth (bluish)
    Regice (lighter more "icey" blue)
    Over 230 hours logged play time combined for both games.
    *pets the Rayquaza and Sceptile, the first two that got to level 100, said because I uploaded to Colosseum to double-level them. ^_^*

Yeah, so many people have so few shineys, yet you had so many. It disgusted me so much that I left a clone in your gameboy and escaped! :donut:

Years
  • well, I have a shiny doduo on R/S, and a shiny Scizor on my Crystal. Shineyelectrode, ever consider becoming a salesman.. it's all your fault that I spent HOURS searching for a shiny scyther in the first place...

Years
    • Seen Mar 1, 2011
    Shineyelectrode said:
    Yeah, so many people have so few shineys, yet you had so many. It disgusted me so much that I left a clone in your gameboy and escaped! :donut:
    Um . . . Qua? That was odd . . . . You left a clon---How would it fit? And I do most of my leveling on GC now anyways . . . .

Frostweaver

Ancient + Prehistoric
    Years
  • demonchaos916 said:
    I thought the odds were 1 in 6725 for R/S?
    and I thought that it was always this high in both versions... as you need to be of a certain IV to be shiny in the past (roughly around the same i thought)

Shiney

Sometimes, we come back!
    Years
  • Flygon_trainer said:
    well, I have a shiny doduo on R/S, and a shiny Scizor on my Crystal. Shineyelectrode, ever consider becoming a salesman.. it's all your fault that I spent HOURS searching for a shiny scyther in the first place...

What about me made you look for a shiny scyther? Don't tell me about that in attack of the legends, that was off of the top of my head... Or did you want that green Scizor, which IS the shiny color?

Raptress said:
    Um . . . Qua? That was odd . . . . You left a clon---How would it fit? And I do most of my leveling on GC now anyways . . . .

You remember that old "Clone your pokemon" trick for RBY/GSC?

Years
    • Seen Mar 1, 2011
    Ohhhh, hehe. All those are R/S ones. And I thought the clone trick was only GSC and not RBY. . . .
    Did anyone here ever notice that the shiny colours change a little/a lot when uploaded to Colosseum? Flygon looks really bad (icky green-yellow colour and the blue turns dark green) and Ninetales isn't silver anymore . . . . It's really disappointing; they looked so good on the Gameboy. . . .

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back