• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Shipping Debates

Who should he date?

• Misty

Votes: 42 43.8%
  • May

Votes: 9 9.4%
  • Dawn

Votes: 14 14.6%
  • No one, Ash only likes Pokemon

Votes: 31 32.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Are y'all still discussing Pokeshipping or what...? ^^;;
    I don't have a clue...

Well, if you all are, I'd say that Pokeshipping is really one of the only shippings where the hints are pronounciated and actually "there." Such as in Pokemon 2000 movie director (or something...) review, he states that the "hints" of Ash and Misty should be clear, and it should also be clear that they like each other.
    I heard somewhere that it was a 4kids person. I'm pretty sure they were lying though...

But anyway. That happened a long time ago, and everything was really on Misty's side in that movie. Come to think of it, you must admit, just ABOUT all Pokeshipping hints are from Misty's side.

I think Ash doesn't like any girls. Maybe in the future, but not now, because he's too dense, and he hasn't shown anything to say he's into girls except the Giselle thing (not that I recall).

With Ash and May, it's more of a "brother" and "sister" relationship; think about it; in what cases has May actually almost confessed that she likes Ash, and likewise?
    ... What does Advanceshipping have to do with anything? =/

And as in Pokeshipping, Misty practically spelled out "I love you, Ash" and Ash, being the clueless and popular character of the series, ocassionally blushes and envies the men around Misty.
    When does he get jealous? I don't recall Ash getting jealous at all.

Oh, and if we're talking about May and Max getting married, it's a cute idea (though I'd support Contestshipping over it... o.o)
    Is it just me, or has incest been getting popular lately? o.0

mistywishmaker

such a thing as f o r e v e r
    Years
  • When does he get jealous? I don't recall Ash getting jealous at all.
    He has gotten jealous at least three times now... If I count so correctly, then more, perhaps. The first and most obvious hint that I'd like to point out is the one in the Orange Islands when he battles Rudy (what was that called again...?) He was so pouty when Rudy took Misty out to dinner at his house, and it was such a kawaii moment! XD There are a few more, but I'd like to save that for later discussion ;)

Years
  • Oh, the Rudy thing.

I seriously didn't think Ash got jealous. I think if he really WERE jealous, he'd be ranting about it more. Because even tactless guys get jealous (Inuyasha for example).

Not to mention, right after Misty left with Rudy to another hotel, Ash didn't seem to give it much though; he kind of just stared at them (but Tracey did too). Then he just calls Prof Oak.

RSL

RaikouSpecialLover
    Years
  • Time for me to bite...

Why the heck is Pokeshipping called Pokeshipping?
    And how are the other shippys named?

And where's a full list of the identifyed shippys?

Thanx.

Years
  • Why the heck is Pokeshipping called Pokeshipping?
    *shrugs* Dunno. I think Rocketshippers (they were the first pokemon shipping, Jesse/James) decided to call Ash/Misty fans Gakishippers. I think Gaki is an offensive Japanese term or something, so it was changed to Pokeshipping (it's called Twerpshipping sometimes too).

And how are the other shippys named?
    If a shipping isn't named because you created it, you can make up a name and hope it spreads around.

And where's a full list of the identifyed shippys?

https://bmgf.bulbagarden.net/showthread.php?t=4655

Cat lover

I like cats.
    Years
    • Seen Apr 1, 2007
    Uh... I have something to say about Pallet-shipping(Ash and Gary):
    Er... You guy who belive in that do know that there both BOYS! The show is for kids!

Now I have something to say about Adult-shipping(Delia & Professor Oak):
    Yes.

And as for poke-shipping(Ash Misty):
    Yes.

Last edited:

STJ

meh... ^_^'
    Years
  • I hope people still use this thread, cause I have a question...

People have been ssaying that the episodes with the Grand Festival contained alot of Contestshippy hints. Suffice to say, most of these people were Contestshippers...

Anyway.. I was just wondering what the anit-Contestshippers (advanceshippers or otherwise) felt about the episodes. Were the 'hints' or scenes just Contestshipper's interpretation? Can they be viewed as non -romantic, in your opinion? I've seen the pictures, and I'm not too sure. I think May did blush, but it seemed more due to embarrassment than anything else...

Years
  • I saw the pictures (I'm a Contestshipper/Advanceshipper).

... Well, I haven't actually heard a good summary from what happened in the Grand Festival myself. However, people seem to think Contestshipping is now canon, according to the pictures anyway.

It seems that Drew got jealous of Harley, Caroline hinted at something between May and Drew, and I think Drew gave her another rose. All the Contestshippers are going nuts.

... Well, I haven't looked at the pictures that had Drew's "jealousy". But you could just say that Drew was just worried about May's being... Which would be a hint anyway. I haven't looked at those pictures though, so I can't comment on that part.

I did see the ones where Caroline said something to May (after Drew walked off somewhere), and then May started blushing. It seems that Caroline accused them of liking each other or something.

Contestshippers COULD be jumping the gun though (but it really seems unlikely). People who are going "OMG CONTESTSHIPPIGN CANONESS IN TEH GF!!1" are only basing their thoughts from the pictures, so technically we could all be wrong. I haven't seen anyone that's actually SEEN the episodes comment on the Contestshipping stuff, so I can't say anything really.

Well, from what I've seen, Advanceshippers (and others) don't seem surprised. More like disappointed, because most were expecting Contestshipping to get some hints anyway. But actually, the reaction is pretty calm, which doesn't surprise me much since Advanceshippers aren't that rabid (from what I've seen anyway).

... And now I'm done.

MewthreeXL

Ascended Mewtwo
    Years
  • It seems kind of one sided.And what's up with Harley?Another James?There are too
    many James' already.

STJ

meh... ^_^'
    Years
  • cold_katanagirl said:
    Contestshippers COULD be jumping the gun though (but it really seems unlikely). People who are going "OMG CONTESTSHIPPIGN CANONESS IN TEH GF!!1" are only basing their thoughts from the pictures, so technically we could all be wrong. I haven't seen anyone that's actually SEEN the episodes comment on the Contestshipping stuff, so I can't say anything really.

Yep, I'm going to wait till the episode comes to Australia (who knows how long that'll take) before I make any judgements.. Pictures can only be interpreted so far... She might not even have accused them of 'liking' each other at all, who knows?

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back