• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Shipping Debates

Who should he date?

• Misty

Votes: 42 43.8%
  • May

Votes: 9 9.4%
  • Dawn

Votes: 14 14.6%
  • No one, Ash only likes Pokemon

Votes: 31 32.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

AdvanceMapper

Stop scaring the little kids!
    Years
    Wait, you turned to Pearlshipping? o_0'. You just cased the Apocalypse!

Well, I feel like reading a Pearshipping fanfic all of a sudden. Just a short one. But I think I should debate Pokeshipping now. It's gotten quieter recently.

Oh really?
    Boss, the PokeShippers are camping out in that little Ash thread outside. (Great Refuge *rolls eyes*)
    Should we invade them with our weapons of shippings?:P

OR

Send in some spies to see what they are planning? They may be preparing an attack with full-powered debates.
    Who knows what goes on there.

EDIT: They are trying to merge their thread with this one. Ladies and gentlemen, this may be war.

Last edited:

I Laugh at your Misfortune!

Normal is a synonym for boring
    Years
    Dawn is more small than Ash whereas Misty was older AND taller than Ash so Ash and Dawn they loooooooove eachother

okay, I gots two problems with this. one, just because Mistyis taller than ash it doesn't make them instantly a bad couple. The man being taller is just a stereotype and stereotypes are bad. Second, Misty is not older than Ash (it annoys me how often I have to explain this). In the original japanese version of the third episode, Misty says she is ten years old and I doubt that Ash has grown younger since episode one.

The Ebon Blade

The Fuzz...
    Years
    okay, I gots two problems with this. one, just because Mistyis taller than ash it doesn't make them instantly a bad couple. The man being taller is just a stereotype and stereotypes are bad. Second, Misty is not older than Ash (it annoys me how often I have to explain this). In the original japanese version of the third episode, Misty says she is ten years old and I doubt that Ash has grown younger since episode one.

ok ive nvr watched the japanese version but ive heard that in the jap version they all strt at 14 on their journeys...

Spinor

<i><font color="b1373f">The Lonely Physicist</font
    Years
    • Seen Feb 13, 2019
    Dawn is more small than Ash whereas Misty was older AND taller than Ash so Ash and Dawn they loooooooove eachother

All of a sudden, I'm having shame of being a Pearlshipper for the next 5 hours...

invisible-chan

~Pocky Goddess~
    Years
    All of a sudden, I'm having shame of being a Pearlshipper for the next 5 hours...
    XD I know how you feel sometimes.
    Anyways, I think there are four ways this could go down. I may end up having to edit this later, however, because I keep thinking of new ways. For me it's:

1)As one of the poll options goes, he loves Pokémon. To what extent? It all depends on how you feel like interpreting it.

2)He is a pimp. This is one of my personal favorites. It's true and you all know it. He's just pretending to be dense so that once everyone is in love with him including the guys he can do whatever he wants with them from G to M. However far your mind will take you. Except his mom. I'm sorry, but incest makes me want to stab myself in the face, depending on the characters. Oedipus

3)He will never be with anyone. Instead, he will reproduce asexually and his "child" will continue on his legacy. It will be exactly like him and forever ten. That is why Ash's character will never be replaced in the series. Evar. XD

4)My only remotely serious answer would be Gary Misty. I think this is the only ship I think is actually plausible if the creators actually do decide to make it less of a children's shonen and slightly more romantic., which I highly doubt to the infinite power. Misty is the only one of his female traveling mates to show some kind of romantic interest in him. It's hard to deny that at least she feels something for him. It may not have 4Kids music, but the hints are there and pretty strong, especially the second movie. My personal reason for this is how it's pretty canon in the Electric Tale of Pikachu. It is based off the anime, and isn't completely the same, I know, but that is what really got me to love them. Besides, Ash isn't a complete dolt there as his anime counterpart. I have a few issues with me to support this. My brother is in college right now, I don't think he would mind if I went into his room.

EagleVision1999

Commander
    Years
    I say, it's Pikashipping...
    Satoshi only likes his Pikachu and it's always present XD
    I don't see him with any of these girls (although I'd like Pokeshipping, but now she's not there).
    Maybe there will be a pairing when they get older...
    I've got a question, by the way:
    Musashis mother...is there a pairing involving her? With Sakaki or so?
    And does it have a name? Just wanna know.

Spinor

Years
    • Seen Feb 13, 2019
    Im not hiding and im a pokeshipper. Darn it, when is Misty coming back.

If I said "Never besides some cameos", would you smack me with a waffle?

And what's with Pikashipping? I understand them as friends but beyong that? Besides Homosexuality, Zoosexuality, Pokesexuality, and maybe wtfsexuality, what can Ash get convicted of?

Vernikova

Banned
    Years

I will use this against AK9 and Avd Mapper when I need to. *stores away*

I think this should be merged with the shipping debates just like most people here.

Spinor

Years
    • Seen Feb 13, 2019
    Sorry, my dear shipper, but right now, you are already dead. All your base are belong to us. Anti-Pearlshippers have no hope of escape.

What I say? Oh Nothing. I just feel like debating against Pokeshipping right now, but unfortunately, this thread seems to be infected with Hypopokerelationenzia.

AdvanceMapper

Stop scaring the little kids!
    Years
    Sorry, my dear shipper, but right now, you are already dead. All your base are belong to us. Anti-Pearlshippers have no hope of escape.

What I say? Oh Nothing. I just feel like debating against Pokeshipping right now, but unfortunately, this thread seems to be infected with Hypopokerelationenzia.

Pokeshippers, please stand and debate this out.
    (Launch when ready)

Jorah

What do I put here?
    Years
    • Age 33
    • UK
    • Seen Aug 18, 2021
    Misty was 10 at the start of the series and taller than Ash. And if Ash is still supposed to be 10 then it would make sense if Dawn was taller than Ash as well. Odd.

Yeah, I thought this thread should be in Shipping Debates as well, it's rather odd it's by itself here.

The Ebon Blade

The Fuzz...
    Years
    Misty was 10 at the start of the series and taller than Ash. And if Ash is still supposed to be 10 then it would make sense if Dawn was taller than Ash as well. Odd.

Yeah, I thought this thread should be in Shipping Debates as well, it's rather odd it's by itself here.

lol actually if u look at it in a sense of time in the world of the anime ash is around 14 or 15 wen he first meets dawn

Yrie

I'm done here. Ciao~
    Years
    I personally think that he'd forsake a relationship w/ any girl for his pokemon
    though putting that aside I'd say Misty

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back