• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Shipping Debates

Who should he date?

• Misty

Votes: 42 43.8%
  • May

Votes: 9 9.4%
  • Dawn

Votes: 14 14.6%
  • No one, Ash only likes Pokemon

Votes: 31 32.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

shedinjask

all about how to pokemoning
    Years
    Ash/Melody is Kissshipping.

We do shipping names because of tradition. Ask X-Files fans, who started it, and Rocketshippers, who brought it into the fandom. And Yu-Gi-Oh does shipping names too.

RubyJB88

The Runway Trainer
    Years
    X-Files fans started naming shipping pairs? Boo to them. :P

Iditarod said:
    As for Melody's part, she played an important role in the film. How long ago did you watch the movie? Maybe you'd better watch it again. She was actually supportive of Ash/Misty after Ash falls into the ocean with Lugia, and her song brings pacification to the three legendary birds.

Problem with the second movie is that 4Kids had doused that relationship up much to make it a shipping hint. If that weren't the case you wouldn't see so much of Pokeshipping.

The Ebon Blade

The Fuzz...
    Years
    Problem with the second movie is that 4Kids had doused that relationship up much to make it a shipping hint. If that weren't the case you wouldn't see so much of Pokeshipping.

are you saying that in the japanese version there was more to that relationship?

Years
    • Seen Dec 31, 2012
    Handymanshipping, the pairing of Tracey and Misty's sister Daisy. Tracey does work around the Cerulean gym at Daisy's behest. Hence, he is their handyman because of her, mostly. Even if she didn't start him on it, she encourages him.

Gotta love the Hosos...even if you really didn't at all.

The Ebon Blade

The Fuzz...
    Years
    Handymanshipping, the pairing of Tracey and Misty's sister Daisy. Tracey does work around the Cerulean gym at Daisy's behest. Hence, he is their handyman because of her, mostly. Even if she didn't start him on it, she encourages him.

Gotta love the Hosos...even if you really didn't at all.

... has Tracey even MET Daisy?! Why have a blasted shipping over two people who havn't even met?!

Shedinjareese

Undercover Rocket
    Years
    Hahaha!
    I've read enough fanfiction to know THAT's not true...xDD

Heh, I mean realistically (whoa did I just say realistically in terms of a cartoon show...?). I tend to avoid fanfiction because sometimes it frustrates me (with Out of Characterness oozing from the letters). And in a certain other fandom when presented with an actual work, a number of people said it felt like a fanfiction...those things are dangerous to overthrow the actual like that haha....

Jmath

*blank*
    Years
    • Seen May 7, 2011
    Question for all shippy listeners: Since when has Conway been crushing on Dawn, and has it always been as painfully obvious as it was in the summer school arc?

I would say from the tag battle arc, with his "Ash is the enemy" line which could mean a lot of things. He only started stalking Dawn in the summer school arc.

RubyJB88

The Runway Trainer
    Years
    I'm sorry. I didn't mean to. *Hides away on Serebii for the time being*

No, it's okay, really.

Shedinjareese said:
    I tend to avoid fanfiction because sometimes it frustrates me (with Out of Characterness oozing from the letters).

That's a main problem for fanfiction.

Jmath said:
    I would say from the tag battle arc, with his "Ash is the enemy" line which could mean a lot of things. He only started stalking Dawn in the summer school arc.

Apart from that line, he's acting more of a creeper. Just the way he talks and looks at Dawn. And no, way before that, during the tag-battles.

Last edited:

The Ebon Blade

The Fuzz...
    Years
    Ahhhh I can't decide if I want Dawn to give Conway a hug or a restraining order. Maybe I'll watch the tag battle and earlier episodes and decide then haha.

I don't think it'd be fair for Dawn to give Conway a restraining order. I mean, Conway would never have become obsessed with Dawn if Dawn didn't dress like such a butterfly

Last edited:

Jorah

What do I put here?
    Years
    • Age 33
    • UK
    • Seen Aug 18, 2021
    I'm starting to think Jun and Dawn would be cute together, but there's no evidence to talk about :/ So I look at fan art instead haha. But I found this really cute Jun and Ash fan art XD

Spoiler:

The Ebon Blade said:
    I don't think it'd be fair for Dawn to give Conway a restraining order. I mean, Conway would never have become obsessed with Dawn if Dawn didn't dress like such a whore...

WTF.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back