• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Shipping Debates

Who should he date?

• Misty

Votes: 42 43.8%
  • May

Votes: 9 9.4%
  • Dawn

Votes: 14 14.6%
  • No one, Ash only likes Pokemon

Votes: 31 32.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

shedinjask

all about how to pokemoning
    Years
    LOL ROFLMYAO dunno why but Godisdeadshipping(Arceus+Missingno) gets me a laugh attack every time i think about it.

Why thank you. Named it myself. ;)

I kind of jumped onto WanderShipping as of late. I mean, Steven and Wallace spent a lot of time with each other. Who knows if the flames of love ignited down in those caves that they're so fond of.

Steven/Wallace is Originshipping, silly.

Years
    Because this is a shipping thread, I guess I will tell you all my beliefs. I believe that Ash (Satoshi) and May (Haruka) will probably end up together. At least, I think they should.
    Although there are a good many people out there who believe otherwise, and re so entitled to their opinions. If we look at each girl that Ash (Satoshi) has traveled with, we can easily see a different relationship with each one. Each girl brought out something different in him.
    Let's start with Misty (Kasumi), shall we. The whole reason for her joining Ash on his journey was because he owed her a new bike. However, along the road to the indigo league we see that she grows to have more of a friendship with Ash and eventually forgives him for the bike. In the entire first season (Indigo League) we do not see anywhere that she shows favor in any other way than a good friendship might. In fact, the only instance that I know of where misty shows real dedication to ash isn't until the Orange League battle with Rudy (Jiji) on Trovita Island. However, most people (and Rudy) took her defense and rooting for Ash over Rudy to mean that she wanted to be more than friends. I however believe otherwise. I believe that she had been traveling with Ash for so long that the friendship between her and Ash had grown to be more of a sibling type relationship. When she and Ash began traveling she began to be his mentor of sorts. She knew much more about Pokèmon than ash did, so he looked up to her, Sort of as a little brother might look up to a wiser older sister. I therefore conclude that any sort of future relationship with her will be purely friendship.

After Misty decided it was time for her to return to the Cerulean gym, they introduced the new region of Hoenn and May (Haruka). We could all see that may liked Ash right off, in the first episode (when Pikachu has too much electricity build up). At the end of that episode we get a clear hint that she likes Ash buy the way she gets him to travel with her to Petalburg. The way that Ash and May acted around each other, anyone could tell that they kind of liked each other, but as younger kids do, they would never admit it out loud.
    To this day I'm not really sure why May decided to go to Johto without thinking about Sinnoh.

That leads us to the current episodes, and also back to the mentor/student relationship. However, this time the roles are reversed. This time Ash is the mentor and Dawn (Hikari) is the student. With it being so early in the season, I can't say what future episodes might hint at, but for the time being, I believe that Dawn thinks of Ash as her friend/ mentor and probably isn't thinking of anything, well, romantic at the moment.

Last edited:

shedinjask

Years
    Yay, bump. Now I can share with you my latest obsession: Vlad/Danny. It's not Pokemon, but damn is it hot.

Spinor

<i><font color="b1373f">The Lonely Physicist</font
    Years
    • Seen Feb 13, 2019
    But think if May actually liked Ash, come to think of it i have a little source who agrees with me

https://serebii.net/anime/characters/may.shtml

Pokemon at Prof. Oak's

Bulbasaur

It is currently staying at Proffesor Oak's to stay with Ash's Bulbasaur, with whom there is a budding romance.

Bulbashipping=Advanceshipping

With that in mind, Contestshipping looks like a creek compared to Lake Superior.

shedinjask

Years
    So because my dog is having sex with my neighbor's dog we need to get married.

Excellent logic there.

Also it's Vineshipping.

Spinor

<i><font color="b1373f">The Lonely Physicist</font
    Years
    • Seen Feb 13, 2019
    Was that real logic, idiotic logic, sarcastic logic, or insane logic?

You don't make Salt lake compared to the Atlantic there, you just gave insane logic,

Plus Pikachu+Buneary is making Pearlshipping look canon as well, YOU, arethe weakest link.

nakoma

gothic pokemon person
    Years
    because of thirty pages i did not read them all but here is my arguments. ok first of ash/may. no just no. may for 1 likes drew and has a crush on ash but more so on drew. second ash is too old for may. ash now that he is older should be with misty because misty has always liked him and now he can realize it this is hinted to in jirachi wish maker. lastly is rocketshipping jesse and james belong togeather.there is much evidence for this espically in the manga where jesse is preg and wearing a wedding ring and holding james hand. also in the anime in the episodes holy matrimony, battle aboard the st.anne and the chronicles/hoso episode love and the origins youth/ training daze. i am a big rocketshipper and team rocket fan.

Last edited:

Extreme

Ex Captain of the 5th Division
    Years
    because of thirty pages i did not read them all but here is my arguments. ok first of ash/may. no just no. may for 1 likes drew and has a crush on ash but more so on drew. second ash is too old for may. ash now that he is older should be with misty because misty has always liked him and now he can realize it this is hinted to in jirachi wish maker. lastly is rocketshipping jesse and james belong togeather.there is much evidence for this espically in the manga where jesse is preg and wearing a wedding ring and holding james hand. also in the anime in the episodes holy matrimony, battle aboard the st.anne and the chronicles/hoso episode love and the origins youth/ training daze. i am a big rocketshipper and team rocket fan.

Satoshi is not to old for haruka. What is the difference 2 years at most. Guys dating younger girls is OK. Girls dating younger guys (kasumi) creepy. Nah just kidding, but seriously The age difference is not that big. Satoshi should be with Hikari the writers keep giving us hints in the japanese version of diamond & pearl. Besides they look cute together.

nakoma

gothic pokemon person
    Years
    Satoshi is not to old for haruka. What is the difference 2 years at most. Guys dating younger girls is OK. Girls dating younger guys (kasumi) creepy. Nah just kidding, but seriously The age difference is not that big. Satoshi should be with Hikari the writers keep giving us hints in the japanese version of diamond & pearl. Besides they look cute together.

soooooo one sided, even in the jap. its more may/drew even in the jap version. and i dunno the age diffrence seems like more then two years to me. i always figured ash was like 3 or 4 years older. not to mention so much more hints towards misty/ash example misty's song. ash at the time was to young to realize love. yea they would be cute but logically misty is the ideal choice.

shedinjask

Years
    Was that real logic, idiotic logic, sarcastic logic, or insane logic?

You don't make Salt lake compared to the Atlantic there, you just gave insane logic,

Plus Pikachu+Buneary is making Pearlshipping look canon as well, YOU, arethe weakest link.
    ....what? Ok, explain to me how Lagomorphshipping makes Pearlshipping canon? Because it doesn't. The type of logic I gave you was called a counterexample. It's when I take your statement and substitute variables to make it incorrect, therefore disproving it.

Chelc

Years
    ^ Exactly. :\ I'd love to know how Lagomorphshipping and Vineshipping automatically make Pearlshipping and Advanceshipping "canon." Do you understand that shedinjask's given example IS basically what you're saying? So by calling it "insane," well, now you know why we feel your argument is ridiculous.

Just because two trainer's pokemon happen to like each other, it does not mean that the trainers themselves like each other. That would be like saying because your friend's cat or dog liked your cat or dog (if this were to happen - just giving an example here), that would mean you two like each other, which is most likely not the case. Two trainers can be just friends even if their pokemon do happen like each other.

Satoshi hasn't aged, meaning he is still ten unless the writers say so otherwise. Haruka stated she was ten in her first episode, and hasn't aged since that. Kasumi is also ten, she said so in the Japanese version (not exactly, but she did say something about "wasting ten years of her life" or something along those lines). There are no age differences, so if you're going to argue against Pokeshipping, I suggest not using that argument - it won't get you anywhere.

As for Pearlshipping, I don't see these "hints" you're talking about. I watch the Japanese version as well, and I'll agree, the two are really close, but it's more of a big brother/little sister relationship than anything (example of this - DP029). They share similar personality traits and are both really into training their pokemon and reaching their goals, but that doesn't mean they like each other.

nakoma

gothic pokemon person
    Years
    Satoshi hasn't aged, meaning he is still ten unless the writers say so otherwise. Haruka stated she was ten in her first episode, and hasn't aged since that. Kasumi is also ten, she said so in the Japanese version (not exactly, but she did say something about "wasting ten years of her life" or something along those lines). There are no age differences, so if you're going to argue against Pokeshipping, I suggest not using that argument - it won't get you anywhere.

see the writers have said he has aged they just have not had a press release and said how old he currently is. in the pokemon short the pichu bros. the one before the third movie starts ash and pikachu have known each other for a year. that means ash must have aged one year when he started johto. now thats three seasons of pokemon so if you work at that ratio which is 3 seasons=1 year then you get then ash is about thirteen and hikari is ten. brock is around seventeen id guess and misty is probly about fourteen. jesse and james are around twenty or twenty one. this is following the hints from the start of pokemon. this is why i think may is too young ten and thirteen dating would be a little weird but thirteen and fourteen is aceptable. this also explains why brock has no attraction to misty because she is too young for him. also in alot of pokemon books it says team rocket are a gang of teenagers and following the age ratio that makes them in there early twenties.

shedinjask

Years
    You're missing the point. It doesn't matter how much time has passed. If the writers haven't explicitly stated that they're aging, they're staying the same age. It's a basic rule of cartoons.

Kasu-chan

her dearest wish~
    Years
    What does age have to do with shippings anyway? That arguement is far too overused.

Extreme said:
    Satoshi should be with Hikari the writers keep giving us hints in the japanese version of diamond & pearl. Besides they look cute together.

Elaborate, although your arguement appaears to be based on opinion. Why not try going on facts? Also, don't use the "they look cute together" arguement. It's the most pointless arguement to use in a debate, and will make somoene want to run into a wall. Just a heads up. ;)

The Infinite Devil Machine

Obvious, with hindsight
    Years
    • Seen Mar 23, 2020
    What does age have to do with shippings anyway? That arguement is far too overused.

Elaborate, although your arguement appaears to be based on opinion. Why not try going on facts? Also, don't use the "they look cute together" arguement. It's the most pointless arguement to use in a debate, and will make somoene want to run into a wall. Just a heads up. ;)

Agreed. Ash's age is still ten. It's an ageless anime, live with it.

Anyway, I'm still supporting contest shipping, and I want shippy hints when May and Drew reappear.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back