• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Shipping Debates

Who should he date?

• Misty

Votes: 42 43.8%
  • May

Votes: 9 9.4%
  • Dawn

Votes: 14 14.6%
  • No one, Ash only likes Pokemon

Votes: 31 32.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

nakoma

gothic pokemon person
    Years
    I missed a few capitals and messed up a word. sue me :P

Secondly i know it has nothing to do with MistyxAsh for age read the other posts people where saying ash has not aged and is the same age as may. I support MistyxAsh and agree they are the same age. and i have provided examples such as pichu short. would you like me to put out some examples for pokeshipping ? here ya go here's a list.

Misty's song
    Jirachi wish maker scene where Ash talks to Max about an old friend.
    Old eppisodes in which the running gag was people asking if Ash was Misty's boyfriend, Misty would then get embaressed and say he was not.
    Pokemon the second movie where melody frequantly talks about Ash and Misty gets jelous.
    Also from the second movie Ash being called Misty's boy friend by Melody.

their's my proof oh ye of grammatical correctness and i even used your grammar which is time consuming. Id rather msn speak.

shedinjask

all about how to pokemoning
    Years
    Misty's song
    Jirachi wish maker scene where Ash talks to Max about an old friend.
    Old eppisodes in which the running gag was people asking if Ash was Misty's boyfriend, Misty would then get embaressed and say he was not.
    Pokemon the second movie where melody frequantly talks about Ash and Misty gets jelous.
    Also from the second movie Ash being called Misty's boy friend by Melody.

their's my proof oh ye of grammatical correctness and i even used your grammar which is time consuming. Id rather msn speak.

1. Dub.
    2. Yeah, an old friend.
    3. I'd hate it if people mistook me for the boyfriend of someone I don't like. If someone mistook me for the boyfriend of my crush, I'd play it up. Maybe that's just me though.
    4/5. Not sure if this was in the original or not, care to prove?

Spinor

<i><font color="b1373f">The Lonely Physicist</font
    Years
    • Seen Feb 13, 2019
    Unfortunately i'll have to agree with shedinjask

4kids was the US show copyrigt holder and duber(cerect me if i'm wrong but they were surely dubbers) 4kids were pokeshippers big time and occasionally twisted stuff around. Misty's song is hardcore proof. It wasn't published in japan so.. Alltheirbase. The copyright was passed to PokemonUSA during the 3rd generation(yes they got mad).The old friend part in JWM was a stupid Miramax wanna, i bet it was totally different in japanese. Pokemon USA treated the show moderatly with no shipping sides. Also for the hints in the WB movies, 4kids worked with the dubbing too so i guess they taunted with money

All your base are belong to us. ^VAdvancedK9V^

Years
    • Seen Apr 19, 2008
    ok i would have to say that AAML is the most real. (hypatheticly speaking)
    there are many hints such as in pokemon movie 2000, the rudy episode on orange island, the ghost of maidens peak. and such. most of them however show misty liking ash but not ash liking misty. there are a few times where it seems ash likes misty but mostly misty liking ash. oh and then theres mistys song. i do know that those are mostly dubs but its pretty good proof.

Last edited:

shedinjask

Years
    Yeah, the episode with Rudy, that's good proof. However, Misty's gone and seems to have gotten over her crush on Ash, who never seemed to like her anyways.

Spinor

<i><font color="b1373f">The Lonely Physicist</font
    Years
    • Seen Feb 13, 2019
    Yeah, the episode with Rudy, that's good proof. However, Misty's gone and seems to have gotten over her crush on Ash, who never seemed to like her anyways.

Duh. Would YOU expect a ten year old to fall in love in with someone older than him?

Well, now Ash is more mature, (if we compare the first and latest season, he looks like he gained 50 IQ points and maybe 3 lbs) so he seems more likely to fall in love he DID have a chance (a good one) with May, but 'tupid Drew had to jump in the batch, ruining the whole cake. Pearlshipping, to be honest, now seems more likely than Advanceshipping. (if you saw the 10th movie on youtube, you may find it pretty pearlshippy) For now, there doesn't seem to be any obstacle for pearlshipping, unless a drew clone shows up, which is when i may throw a tantrum.

And picking up the case of orangeshipping, there's no telling if Tracey is just "helping out in Misty's gym. Of coarse i may be wrong, unless we see Pokemon DP chronicles when Tracey probably ends up giving a burmy to Misty, exterminating her arthrophobia.

EmpoleMew

Lunatic Lunar Rabbit
    Years
    Unless Misty happens to show up in Sinnoh for some reason, I don't believe anything can further the argument towards Pokeshipping besides the 4Kids dub twhich doesn't prove anything. I, myself haven't seen any hints towards Pokeshipping. Supposedly, the "Tower of Terror" episode contained Pokeshipping hints but of course I missed it every time it came on. Contestshipping seems to have the most obvious hints in the whole Battle Frontier/Kanto Contest season. The most obvious of all being the "Spontanious Combusken!" episode. As for Pearlshipping, that Drew clone may very well be Kenny. When he was first introduced, he seemed to express some sort of affection towards Dawn. The look on his face when he saw her in a dress is just one stand-out hint. Of course, I could be wrong about everything I just said.

Years
    • Seen Jan 19, 2008
    Out of all the 3 girls, Misty has the most history and romance hints with Ash

ok i would have to say that AAML is the most real. (hypatheticly speaking)
    there are many hints such as in pokemon movie 2000, the rudy episode on orange island, the ghost of maidens peak. and such. most of them however show misty liking ash but not ash liking misty. there are a few times where it seems ash likes misty but mostly misty liking ash. oh and then theres mistys song. i do know that those are mostly dubs but its pretty good proof.

Yep. Movies, them being alone, blushing.

Last edited:

Mr. Sanders

AaMayL Supporter for life!
    Years
    Take a guess...

I've noticed that anytime someone comes on to Misty, Ash dosn't really care or notice.
    However, when someone comes onto Ash, Misty goes bizzerk!

Though not to many hints with Ash and May (Satoshi and Haruka) [Only ones I know of are, 'You keep talking like that Ash and I'm going to blush!' or the one where Brock says, 'Fighting is a sign of love.' And Ash and May go red.] But never the less, When you look at them together... Don't you just get the feeling... No? YOUR INSANE! Just joking. If you still think Ash and Misty work, So be it.

Yours truly,

Mr. Sanders

You know... the guy who likes AaMayL.... Oh, right!

STEELIXMANIAC

Hatena de Wasshoi!
    Years
    Pokéshipping has no doubt the most hints out of shippings that involve Ash, but what I think is that it's actually one-sided love on Misty's part.

Commander_Latios

The man of Eternal Boredom...
    Years
    Hiya.

I just recently got here, and decided to put my two cents.

I enjoy all of the following:

Altoshipping
    Warpshipping (some people call it CosmosShipping but I prefer Warp.)
    Pikeshipping
    Contestshipping
    Occasionally Ikarishipping
    FortuneShipping (RayquazaxLatias)
    Questshipping
    Hoennshipping
    and a few Human/Pokemon stuff, provided it doesn't go too far.

i dislike the following:

pokeshipping (i don't really like misty)
    Pearlshipping (do i have to have a reason?)
    Advanceshipping (Too busy with contest for this)
    Yaoi
    Yuri
    Incest
    Anything with rediculously huge age difference, for example, Prof. oak and misty and the like. old men and teenagers do not a good ship make.
    Anything too lemony (i hope you know what that means)
    And a few others i'm not even going into.

if you wish to have a CALM debate over my likes/dislkies, feel free. Flames will be ignored. Anything in that vicinity will be ignored.

shedinjask

Years
    Just a question: Do you feel incest/yaoi/yuri is morally wrong or do you just not like it?

Because if it's the former you will be flamed.

Years
    • Seen Dec 19, 2009
    My Favourite Is ContestShipping, Because I think It's the most obvious. There are so many signs and connections for it.

Commander_Latios

Years
    Just a question: Do you feel incest/yaoi/yuri is morally wrong or do you just not like it?

Because if it's the former you will be flamed.

I mostly just don't like it. Some of my best friends like it, and that's fine. I'm not one of those religious nutcases who claims it's a sin to even read that stuff. (*cough*westborobaptistchurch*cough*) I just don't find it entertaining.

Commander_Latios

Years
    thanks ^_^. and believe me, i'm not one to criticze people for liking that kind of stuff. After all, I like a good portion of human/pokemon fics. So i won't complain.

if any of you want any explanations as to why i prefer the ships i choose, or why i don't like ones i don't, then i'm glad to say.

We'll start off with the ones I don't like:

Pokeshipping: First off, most of the real hints at it are dub only. Secondly, and more importantly, is that it's gotten rather dull and boring. Most of the stories featuring it don't have anything too surprisng, and you can anticipate almost anything upcoming.

advanceshipping: mostly because may is so much more fun to pair with drew. and the same predictability issue with pokeshipping.

Pearlshipping: i just don't like dawn.

I won't get into any of the other stuff, i've already taken care of those.

now for the stuff i like:

Altoshipping: Most of my reasons are centered around latias. For one, I just love latias beyond all reason. Two, i feel really bad for her. She needs someone special to be there for her. She lost her entire family, after all. Three, it's a good way to mix things up from the usual, drab humanxhuman fics.

Fortuneshipping: see above. if it weren't for that, I wouldn't go for it (i'm not really much of a rayquaza supporter)

Warpshipping: A, they're the perfect couple. B, it's a good way to get away from the previously mentioned mindless drabble of so-called "conventional" pairings. and C, Both Dialga and Palkia are awesome. this applies for almost any legendary/legendary fic. in fact, it applies for almost any pokemon/pokemon fic period.

Contestshipping: I like may, and I like drew. that's all i can say. I don't like it where brendan birch is made out to be some kind of stalker, though.

and so on and so forth.

and, as is my way, I shall end with my favorite phrase.

Praise Be Akatosh. May he guide Latios to a better place, and may he help Latias recover from her loss.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back