• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Shipping Debates

Who should he date?

• Misty

Votes: 42 43.8%
  • May

Votes: 9 9.4%
  • Dawn

Votes: 14 14.6%
  • No one, Ash only likes Pokemon

Votes: 31 32.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Aegis

The Savage Nymph
    Years
    Wait, do you mean then you think contestshipping is more likely then Advancedshipping?

Aegis

The Savage Nymph
    Years
    cold_katanagirl said:
    I support both, but I like Advanceshipping more.

I think Contestshipping is alot more likely though.

Oh, I see. I personally like Contestshipping more, because I think Ash is reserved for Misty. But then again, Pokemon never fails to amaze me with new things that happen

Taemin

move.
    Years
    • he / they
    • USA
    • Seen Apr 2, 2024
    I like Pokeshipping, Rocketshipping and Contestshipping. And thats thats, for me. Personally Contestshipping is my favorite. ^^

Red Nine

BL ish Pretty :o
    Years
    2. It's "Misty's Song", not Misty's Love Song!

Yes, I know that, I just called it Misty's Love Song because it is generally about Misty being in love. I should have put it in quote marks or something to make it more clear that it wasn't actually the name of the song. Sorry for any confusion anyone! *I hate being picked up on tiny little things, so sorry if I'm a little rude*

I personally hate Contestshipping and Rocketshipping. Shuu/Drew is too...let's just say, a boy who participates in Pokemon contests with a girly Roselia and carries roses with him is more suited to having boyfriends. Catch my drift?

And don't turn on me and say 'James carries roses too, but he's not like that!' because I think James is inclined that way, which makes Rocketshipping very difficult to swallow for me.

grandadvanceshipper, what makes you think Pokeshipping won't happen? I personally think it's more likely than Advanceshipping, but that's just my opinion. Please explain?

Supreme Edgeboy Max

alphabet tour
    Years
    grandadvanceshipper said:
    aint may a little too old for drew as misty is for ash?it can be age that counts too you know.plus in the last saturday's episode may was angry more than embarrased....drew,brock and misty are out of the picture!let us all hope that may and misty catfight over ash!yeah! imagine them!here are my shippings from most favorite to least

advanceshipping(FOREVER!)
    gymshipping(yeah-_-)
    waterflowershipping(drew is dead!)
    orangeshipping(mirseble misty with fat tootsie pop tracy ^_^)
    brockshipping(duh!)

the shippings that will never happen

pokeshipping(TO H-E-DOUBLE HOCKEY STICK!)
    SHOPPINGSHIPPING(BROCK IS STOOPID!)

SAYONARA!
    ~_~; Drew is OLDER than May. And like we already discussed, age isn't a matter no matter what. Secondly, we're ready to take your opinion saying that Pokeshipping and Shoppingshipping won't happen and all that. BUT - not in that flamebaiting way.

may and misty catfight over ash
    v_v You've lost the point of an anime - no stupid random things that will make no sense at all.

Like Red 9 said, please explain your opinions further.

Years
    Sorry if I seemed rude, Red Nine. It's just that since I'm a big AAML fan, even the slightest minute detail must be corrected by fans like yours truely!

Again, Sorry!

Oh, and Red Nine? Grammer's a little funny in second section about Drew. Sorry, but I had to point that out!

Anyways, I wonder how you figured out if Drew is indeed older than May, Supreme Edgeboy Max? Sure, he may act different (maturity is to the eye of the beholder...) but he never did state his age.

About the hints of Pokéshipping, Supreme, sure it's 4Kids fault that they added the song and other hints in the show, but should Pokéshipping die here like it did in Japan years ago? It'd really seem wierd if they were to end that shipping abruptly, unless there were signs in the episodes following "Gotta Catch ya Later!"...

And are you sure 4Kids should just die off, Supreme? How do we know that Pokémon USA will handle things better in the future? I won't go further since this is a thread about shippings.

To get back on topic, I'll list the shippings I support:
    (The list is short, since I'm only bound to the dubbed show)
    Pokéshipping (biggest supporter of all time)
    Orangeshipping
    Advancedshipping (don't want to think this way, but I think it's possible)
    Contestshipping
    Rocketshipping

Though some contradict each other, I can easily see any of these happening, should the other ones not work.

Years
    • Seen Aug 27, 2016
    Maby this thing with Drew is just a test for May. To help her finally determan who she really like's better, and who she really is in love with, and not just a crush. Ash or Drew. And that Misty, if she came's back to the show, well be a test for Ash...

I belive that May and Ash in the end, should officaly become girlfrend and boyfreind...

Last edited:

Supreme Edgeboy Max

alphabet tour
    Years
    dqle said:
    Sorry if I seemed rude, Red Nine. It's just that since I'm a big AAML fan, even the slightest minute detail must be corrected by fans like yours truely!

Again, Sorry!

Oh, and Red Nine? Grammer's a little funny in second section about Drew. Sorry, but I had to point that out!

Anyways, I wonder how you figured out if Drew is indeed older than May, Supreme Edgeboy Max? Sure, he may act different (maturity is to the eye of the beholder...) but he never did state his age.

About the hints of Pokéshipping, Supreme, sure it's 4Kids fault that they added the song and other hints in the show, but should Pokéshipping die here like it did in Japan years ago? It'd really seem wierd if they were to end that shipping abruptly, unless there were signs in the episodes following "Gotta Catch ya Later!"...

And are you sure 4Kids should just die off, Supreme? How do we know that Pokémon USA will handle things better in the future? I won't go further since this is a thread about shippings.

To get back on topic, I'll list the shippings I support:
    (The list is short, since I'm only bound to the dubbed show)
    Pokéshipping (biggest supporter of all time)
    Orangeshipping
    Advancedshipping (don't want to think this way, but I think it's possible)
    Contestshipping
    Rocketshipping

Though some contradict each other, I can easily see any of these happening, should the other ones not work.
    Oi, what are you complaining at? >: I'm a Pokeshipper too .. well, I did consider the Maturity thing to hold Drew as being older than May.
    But for all we know, cryztalwing's idea might be right somehow.
    No fanarts here please. D:

Aegis

The Savage Nymph
    Years
    Okay first Ash and Misty do get along second, James was getting married so he's not gay

Mandy-Chan

*~Candy Mandy~*
    Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Jan 24, 2007
    2 years really isn't that big of a differenceO_o...My aunt is going out with a guy who is 7 years younger than her...+ age doesn't effect love, If you're in love with someone it doesn't matter what age they are.
    O_oI'm sorry but there has been no proof that Drew or James are in fact homosexual.
    You can't dissagree that May and Ash have had their little fights and from your standings you obviously think that they get a long just fine. If they really didn't ge along Misty and Ash would have stopped traveling together a long before they were forced to stop.

Supreme Edgeboy Max

alphabet tour
    Years
    grandadvanceshipper said:
    they're the right age(10/10 for other 10/12 for me in age)
    the fact in the episode were ash and may fought was really fact
    misty is too old for ash
    drew is as gay as james(can someone tell me wtf is gay!)
    ash and misty really dont get along!
    i also kind of ramdomly sticked to advanceshipping
    Ash is almost 16 now. May is 10-12.
    Misty isn't more than a year older than Ash.
    Gay means homosexual, attraction for a person of the same sex. And NEITHER of James and Drew are gay. v_v
    Ash and Misty bicker - ever hear the phrase "you always hurt the ones you love"? And also, this would be considered huge hints in an anime.

So there. You are now the weakest link. =D

Red Nine

BL ish Pretty :o
    Years
    I don't think people seem to understand my point. James and Drew seem gay to me, which makes it hard for me to support any heterosexual pairing they're involved in. That was my opinion, not what is actually official. Can't I express my opinion without someone jumping down my throat about whether it's 'official' or not?

Let me say this once. Canon means nothing to me. I don't like canon. I am here to debate couples that are likely to happen in my eyes, whether they are 'canon' or not doesn't make a difference to me.

What, DreamBandit298? Are we talking about the manga or the anime here? If it's about the manga, then you must know this is the wrong place for a manga discussion. If this is about when James' parents were forcing James to get married, then you should know he was getting forced to marry. If you think that getting forced into marriage is a sign of heterosexuality, then you must also think children entered into arranged marriages love their determined partner 100 percent of the time.

If you were talking about something else, then please forgive me. <3

LOL, that's okay dqle, it was my fault anyway! ^^

Ugh, in both of my posts I've been grumpy! I'm sorry, normally I'm much happier than this-I'll try to be nicer in my next post! xD

Supreme Edgeboy Max

alphabet tour
    Years
    Look, Drew has a good personality - if you say that if raising a Roselia is gay, go die or something. >: Such serious matters should not be pulled into such a simple anime like Pokemon. As for James - in my opinion he might be of a bisexual personality, or else he's just like that because the writers use him for the simple humor he brings into the series.

Ew, character debate ..

STJ

meh... ^_^'
    Years
    Supreme Edgeboy Max said:
    NEITHER of James and Drew are gay. v_v

The people of Pokemopolis will say otherwise

Ash and Misty bicker - ever hear the phrase "you always hurt the ones you love"? And also, this would be considered huge hints in an anime.

NOT always - I have seen plenty of anime couples which get along fine too..they don't always have to fight

You know, I'm probably getting sick to death of that phrase, honestly... and the whole love-hate thing is (to me) becomming one big irritating cliche... That's probably why I don't support that many couples which have such a relationship, because to me, they eventually become boring and predictable

Last edited:

Supreme Edgeboy Max

alphabet tour
    Years
    STJ said:
    The people of Pokemopolis will say otherwise
    We are not people of Pokemopolis. People have different opinions in different places, so live with it or something.
    STJ said:
    NOT always - I have seen plenty of anime couples which get along fine too..they don't always have to fight
    Yeah. Not always. But lets say Pokemon tries to place an uniqueness into the relationship or something.

I find comparision to other anime and completely different people's opinions quite annoying for some reason..

STJ

meh... ^_^'
    Years
    I know that, and I am well aware of the fact that people have different opinions. I'm just saying that not everybody agrees with you.

Personally, I don't happen to believe that James is gay, but I can understand why others do and I accept that

I find comparision to other anime and completely different people's opinions quite annoying for some reason..
    You find completely different opinons annoying? Well, I have to say that if that's the case, you're probably going to be annoyed very often, because chances are that you'll meet alot of people who have different opinions to your own

Last edited:

Supreme Edgeboy Max

alphabet tour
    Years
    You misunderstand me. I find comparision to other people's opinions annoying - especially when they don't have much to do with any of us.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back