• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Shipping Debates

Who should he date?

• Misty

Votes: 42 43.8%
  • May

Votes: 9 9.4%
  • Dawn

Votes: 14 14.6%
  • No one, Ash only likes Pokemon

Votes: 31 32.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
    Years
    • Seen Aug 11, 2009
    Of course, Misty pretty much openly admits her love for Ash in the movies...and they have a lot more examples of a relationship being suggested while they basically haven't mentioned a word of it with May & Ash...May & Drew, they've mentioned quite a bit, but nothing for May & Ash.

Pyroli

Flame Thingummy
    Years
    I'm a Palletshippy/ShiShi person :O! I'm hardly sure why myself, it just seems.. natural, if y'will. just falls into place.

I'm also going for Contestshipping lately, that works in my eyes too... and Eldershipping, when well-represented.

and there's nothing that really supports this, other than maybe small hints around, but my projection of current ages for the characters:

Satoshi: 12
    Kasumi: 15
    Takeshi: 17
    Kenji: 18
    Shigeru: 13
    Haruka: 11
    Shuu: 12
    Masato: 9

continue debating.

Supreme Edgeboy Max

alphabet tour
    Years
    Satoshi's bound to be older, and so are a few of the people you mention Pyroli. You forget that they've been travelling for a huge amount of time. Satoshi's probably 14, while Kasumi 16, Takeshi 18/19, Who the heck is Kenji?, Shigeru 15, while Haruka, Shuu and Masato are perfect - though I feel Haruka might just be 13. Shuu is definately 14 though, he shows signs of maturity or something.

One little thing why I don't support eldershipping (Prof. Oak X Delia Ketchum) because of the fourth movie. Samuel (Sammy) Oak was trans'd into time by Celebi where he got to meet Ash and they became really good friends. It just does not make sense for Oak to be one of his best friends' mother's partner.
    Ew, incest. :3

Years
    Supreme Edgeboy Max said:
    Who the heck is Kenji?,
    Kenji = Tracey.
    One little thing why I don't support eldershipping (Prof. Oak X Delia Ketchum) because of the fourth movie. Samuel (Sammy) Oak was trans'd into time by Celebi where he got to meet Ash and they became really good friends. It just does not make sense for Oak to be one of his best friends' mother's partner.
    Ew, incest. :3
    ... That's not incest. It would be if Sammy were Ash's brother or related to him by blood, but he isn't.

Supreme Edgeboy Max

alphabet tour
    Years
    cold_katanagirl said:
    Kenji = Tracey.... That's not incest. It would be if Sammy were Ash's brother or related to him by blood, but he isn't.
    Oh, right.

Right too .. but its a similar thought. Samuel Oak being the father of his childhood best friend?

Years
    • Age 39
    • Seen Aug 31, 2010
    I haven't watched enough to know what 90% of the ships mentioned are (without the linked list anyway), but here's the few I definatly am:

*RocketShipper (come on, they were MADE for each other!)
    *AdvanceShipper (I'm a bit of a Twerpshipper as well, but Haruka > Kasumi)
    *PikitShipper (Pikachu + Ketchup = Win.)

JigPu

Supreme Edgeboy Max

alphabet tour
    Years
    Well they haven't actually done that, have they? I mean - if they did get together, there wasn't any mentioning of it. And besides, wouldn't Oak feel something weird about Ash? He's also a married man, with a grandson.

Oak's an old man. Its better to think that Ash's father's dead, IMO.

Light_Azumarill

Danny Phantom!
    Years
    *has no idea why she's posting in the shipping thread, but does it anyway* XD

I personally don't think Oak and Delia are an 'item'. I always thought that he was more a mentor/teacher-ish person than a potential boyfriend. I can't really say that it's not possible though, as they seem rather close.

Have I posted in this thread before? Oh well, I'll say what ships I support again anyway...:

Pokeshipping (I've always supported this one. ^^)
    Rocketshipping (Anyone else with these two just doesn't seem right to me.)
    Contestshipping (They're cute together... :3)
    Orangeshipping (Yeah, so I like both Ash/Misty and Tracey/Misty. I know I'm weird.)
    Advanceshipping (Just a little bit. When the mood suits me right.)
    Kawaiishipping (I don't know why, I always thought Pikachu and Togepi would be cute together. When Togepi got older of course. XD)

That's about it. There are other ships I'm okay with, but I can't think of any right now aside from the main ones. XD

Supreme Edgeboy Max

alphabet tour
    Years
    Light_Azumarill said:
    *has no idea why she's posting in the shipping thread, but does it anyway* XD

I personally don't think Oak and Delia are an 'item'. I always thought that he was more a mentor/teacher-ish person than a potential boyfriend. I can't really say that it's not possible though, as they seem rather close.

Have I posted in this thread before? Oh well, I'll say what ships I support again anyway...:

Pokeshipping (I've always supported this one. ^^)
    Rocketshipping (Anyone else with these two just doesn't seem right to me.)
    Contestshipping (They're cute together... :3)
    Orangeshipping (Yeah, so I like both Ash/Misty and Tracey/Misty. I know I'm weird.)
    Advanceshipping (Just a little bit. When the mood suits me right.)
    Kawaiishipping (I don't know why, I always thought Pikachu and Togepi would be cute together. When Togepi got older of course. XD)

That's about it. There are other ships I'm okay with, but I can't think of any right now aside from the main ones. XD
    FYI, we all know Kawaiishipping's not really shippish anymore, 'cause Togepi evolved and left Misty as well.

Years
    • Seen Apr 26, 2007
    Now I haven't completely read this topic, nor have I seen every episode of the show that I have not been keeping track on for some time, but I feel it might be necesary to throw in my two cents.

1. Just becuase Ash of Misty has saved one or the other from peril or danger means nothing. It would be like saying that in Pokemon 2000, if Misty didn't like Ash she would let him drown. Friends help friends out. You don't need to be in love to help someone.

2-Meh. Personally, this shipping thing seems a little like going off the deep end. Maybe you want those couples to happen, but I doubt they ever will. It seems obvious that Misty likes Ash(or has liked him. She might have gotten over it) but there hasn't been much from Ash's side. In fact I don't think Ash would be able to work out with anyone at this time. Not saying that he doesn't like girls, or anything. There is only one episode where I can see Ash complementing Misty, but nothing more.

3-Keep dreaming. This is pokemon. The dubbers, 4Kids a.k.a The devil will probably kill the show before it ends.

4-Let us not forget that the main focus is about a boy who wants to become a pokemon master. As far as I can tell, he's legitimately 11 years old. The show stated that it had been a year since he first entered Viridian city.

Years
    • Seen Aug 11, 2009
    Umm...other than the fact that Ash has gotten his badges for each of the contests at least 2 months ahead of time and taken much, MUCH more time than that on each journey?? He's older than 10.

STJ

meh... ^_^'
    Years
    Time might have passed, but that doesn't nessessarily mean that the characters have aged. I think the show is very vague about time in this manner

Look at the The Simpsons, for example, time has passed there too, an indicator being the numerous Halloween Specials, but have the characters aged? Well, the children haven't, anyway

In my opinion, if the writers wanted to age the characters, they would have made it more obvious, like Gohan in DBZ

Years
    • Seen Aug 27, 2016
    the romantic relationship is very slowly being build up between May and Ash. I belive if they do have one, it well be the type of romantic relationship that well last a life time between them.

AAMLrox

Super Kawaii! ^_^
    Years
    Elemeandor said:
    4-Let us not forget that the main focus is about a boy who wants to become a pokemon master.

I agree, I dont think there will be any obvious romance in the shows because the focus of the show isn't about that. I could be wrong though. They'll proabably just leave it at the hints...

cryztalwing said:
    the romantic relationship is very slowly being build up between May and Ash. I belive if they do have one, it well be the type of romantic relationship that well last a life time between them.

I hope that never happens! Lol! ^_^ (I'm a pokeshipper)

Years
    Ever since reading about the Pokéshipping topics in Wikipedia.org's Pokémon Chronicles article, I've been really, REALLY jumpy. What in the world is 4Kids thinking, taking out the most compelling evidence of AAML?!?!
    (of course, that article was written by others like me, so they could be wrong. Please tell me otherwise if possible!)

I've got to know when Chronicles will air in the US. Otherwise, save me some of those DVDs!

Anyways, to go back on topic, I have always thought of Ash as being uninterested in such things, like AAMLrox said. If he is of course into girls in that way, then he's really good at hiding his emotions.

And any lifetime relationship is practically a dream. At least in the real world, where over half of marriages end in divorce...

But that little fact won't keep me from dreaming!

Ash is indeed older than ten now, but by how much? Days? Months? Years? We just don't know! I'll just keep on believing he's ten, just like he was when he first left on his journey.

Well, I hope "The Master of Mirage Pokémon" will answer some of my questions and beliefs on AAML. (who dubbed that one? 4Kids or Pokémon USA?)

Oh, and the new VAs better not screw their first job up...

STJ

meh... ^_^'
    Years
    You're talking about the Hosos, right? Oh boy, People have different opinions about this.

First off, let me first say that Wikipedia is written by people like you and me, so I suggest you read it with a grain of salt, because articles could be influenced by the writer's own shipping bias.

Some people believe that the dubbers "removed' Pokeshippy hints .To others, it's a case of "Can't lose what you never had" - There weren't any there to being with.

In "Date with Delcatty" in the original, Misty is aksed if she likes someone else and she hesitates, something which she has never done before

Pokeshippers beleive (or at least WANT to believe) that it means that she likes Ash, alot of other people will argue otherswse, stating that it's far to presumptous.. Is it not possible that Misty could just have been embarrased? Did it HAVE to mean that she liked someone else? Simply put it WASN'T nessessarily a hint for Pokeshipping, or any ship for that matter.

As for the dub, well in my opinion - whatever works, works. Obviously whoever dubbed the Chronicles believed that Misty blushing and getting embarrased over liking mushy stuff was sufficient.

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back