• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Shipping Debates

Who should he date?

• Misty

Votes: 42 43.8%
  • May

Votes: 9 9.4%
  • Dawn

Votes: 14 14.6%
  • No one, Ash only likes Pokemon

Votes: 31 32.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
    Years
    As all shippings are, all in-show "evidence" doesn't necessarily mean that the shipping even exists. (unless the producers actually say it out loud) Anybody can argue otherwise on what others believe. I know this fact all too well.

But that raises some questions for me, too. I've known that Kasumi didn't show much of any attraction towards Satoshi after the first season. In Hosou, now Kasumi is stuck with these questions and situations that could possibly mean she's still in love with Satoshi? What's with the haitus, Japan?

And then the dubbed, as Wikipedia says, cut out the evidence. I'd love to know why 4Kids chose to do that. And I'd like to know why both companies practically switched roles in this situation...

The article is indeed biased. If that person didn't believe in Pokéshipping, how would that person catch on in the first place? If the article is wrong, why don't you go correct it, STJ? Maybe at least clarify it more so that others won't be confused like I am?

STJ

meh... ^_^'
    Years
    Why don't I correct it? well, as well as the fact that I can be pretty lazy, it wouldn't surprise me if people found my article biased in my own way too..

but I dunno, if I ever had the time, perhaps I will.
    In Hosou, now Kasumi is stuck with these questions and situations that could possibly mean she's still in love with Satoshi? What's with the haitus, Japan?

The problem is that we'll probably never know what the Japanese writers truely intended. I still think it's likely that the scene didn't have any meaning in terms of foreshadowing.

Years
    • Seen Aug 27, 2016
    heart in background? I whould like to know if any one ulse see's the heart in the background in the tree's, leanning on it side between May and Ash. Or am I just seeing thing's? Has well the heart's behind May and Ash in the cloud's..

I can see the heart in the tree's, can you?
    Shipping Debates

heart in the cloud's behind May..

Shipping Debates

Same heart in cloud's behind Ash..

Shipping Debates

Years
    • Seen Aug 11, 2009
    Besides, they're ripping apart...

The part I enjoy about that is the "lip-mark" in the upper right corner of Ash's picture--There's the real clue...

Years
    • Seen Aug 27, 2016
    maby the heart's are comming together and not ripping apart? well I guest it can been seen has both way's. I still think that May and Ash still have a very good chanch of getting together..

Has of right now in the show, how good of a chance do you think that the relationship between May and Ash of becomming a more of a romantic one?

I think the chance is pretty good, just has long Drew does not get in the way any more. and nothen happens between Anabe and Ash. Or Misty return's!! gerrr to many things can get in the way with advanceshipping becomming canon...

Last edited:

Emma

Years
    • Seen Aug 19, 2012
    I can't see any hearts in those pictures :S as Cold_Katanagirl said it might've been a coincidence that the hearts were there.
    I think Misty and Ash would be really good together, simply because their ages are not too far apart, and apparently May is about 3 years younger then Ash.
    I think the closest Misty and Ash are kinda showing some Advanceshipping in the episode "Gotta Catch Ya Later" Although Ash and May have shown some Shipping in a few episodes.

Years
    We don't know Ash's age at this point, therefore saying he can't be with May because she's three years younger than him is ridiculous. There's always speculation, but as far as I know, there isn't anything official stating he's thirteen.

Oh, and Pokeshipping = Misty x Ash. Advanceshipping is Ash and May.

Baki Koji

<- Cooler than you
    Years
    cryztalwing said:
    Has of right now in the show, how good of a chance do you think that the relationship between May and Ash of becomming a more of a romantic one?

I think the chance is pretty good, just has long Drew does not get in the way any more. and nothen happens between Anabe and Ash. Or Misty return's!! gerrr to many things can get in the way with advanceshipping becomming canon...
    While I may loathe Contestshipping, I do believe it's currently being written in the anime. However, that doesn't necessarily mean Shuu and Haruka will get together, as things can change as time progresses. Advanceshipping, I believe, could possibly happen in the future. After all, it does have a few nice (but mostly subtle) hints. Then again, it might not. I doubt Satoshi and Anabel (what's her Japanese name?) will hook up, since the chances of Anabel returning are quite slim. As for Pokeshipping, I don't think it ever had a snowball's chance of happening. Though it was made fairly obvious that Kasumi was crushing on Satoshi during her time on the show as a main character, Satoshi never gave any indication of liking her as more than just a friend. Besides, it seems as though Kasumi's gotten over her feelings for him, anyway (actually, I believe the anime writers might currently be going in the direction of Orangeshipping, though I'm not entirely certain about this).

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Aug 27, 2016
    Ash is 11, just a year older than May is. The show even sayd that it was a year since Ash left home to become a PoKeMoN Master,that was at the end of last Johto season and begining of Advance. The last episode sayd that it had now been 3 month's since Ash first meet May, so time really does not matter I guest lol...

Tbone2356

Time keeps on tickin' by
    Years
    I Think That May And Ash Could Be A Cute Couple But Im More On The Side Of Misty And Ash. I Mean When Misty And Ash Split Up And Went There Seperate Ways There Was Real Emotion, But When May And Ash Split Up There Was Just A Team Handshake And A "I Miss Max"

STJ

meh... ^_^'
    Years
    Misty's first depature may have been emotional, but I think that it's more due to the fact that her depature was pretty much permanent.

When May and Max left, I think they pretty much new that they'd see each other again really quickly, so there wasn't really anything to be sad about.

I think it also should be remembered that Misty has come back (and left) twice after "Gotta Catch Ya later" Did either of those depatures have any emotion? Not really.

Years
    Tbone2356 said:
    I Think That May And Ash Could Be A Cute Couple But Im More On The Side Of Misty And Ash. I Mean When Misty And Ash Split Up And Went There Seperate Ways There Was Real Emotion, But When May And Ash Split Up There Was Just A Team Handshake And A "I Miss Max"
    Completely different.

Misty's depature was most likely given a bigger focus in GCYL because it was either permanent or it was going to last an extremely long time.

Why are you only talking about May and Ash splitting up? Max and Brock were leaving, and there wasn't any "real emotion" there either. I think that was due to them coming back quite soon.

It's not as if Misty's most recent goodbye was very emotional either.

Years
    • Seen Jan 19, 2011
    cryztalwing said:
    heart in background? I whould like to know if any one ulse see's the heart in the background in the tree's, leanning on it side between May and Ash. Or am I just seeing thing's? Has well the heart's behind May and Ash in the cloud's..]

Ok now one for hardcore contestshipper's. Can you see Drew and May together in the cloud's in these screen shoot's?? From the Rival Taiketsu! Windie wo Get kamo! episode...I think I can see Ash in the other cloud drifting away from May, but I can't fully make him out yet, just a pice of his hair..

Years
    • Seen Jan 19, 2011
    not trying to start a flame war here, but I think I can see heart's in the background also... Here is some screen shoot's of Ash and May, ya the heart in the cloud right above them..

I have no problem with advanceshipping, thow I do like contestshipping little bit more thow...

Last edited:
    Years
    At the beginning I thought misty and ash would be the sweetest couple without a doubt but the more advance episodes i see the more i believe advanceshipping is smart as well^^ though i personally dont see a lot of signs or hints for ash and may.
    The clouds may be just clouds, you know what i mean ^^

greets

Years
    • Seen Aug 27, 2016
    wow, more heart's! what are the odd's of that happening? those are great screen schoot's of May and Ash.. They do make a really cute couple.. hmmm, I can see Drew in the could in that one screen shoot, but I don't want to say I can or can't see May.. so I am not going to...

Light_Azumarill

Danny Phantom!
    Years
    Heh, um, I think maybe you're looking too hard at the screen shots. ^^; Though, I can see where you got May from in the clouds, though Drew could just as easily be Ash or something. I don't think the animators would stick subliminal shipping hints in the sky, but it is fun to speculate, ne?

Tbone2356 said:
    I Think Pikachu And Phanphy Would Make A Cute Couple.

I think so too! They are always playing together and are quite cute when doing so. Though, I think I'm still a Pikachu/Togepi(Togetic) person. Maybe a Pikachu/Chikorita person too, though I don't know if that would work now that she's a Bayleef. o.O

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back