• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Shipping Debates

Who should he date?

• Misty

Votes: 42 43.8%
  • May

Votes: 9 9.4%
  • Dawn

Votes: 14 14.6%
  • No one, Ash only likes Pokemon

Votes: 31 32.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
    Years
    • Seen Jan 19, 2011
    Another heart, May is basicaly pointing up to it, so you should be able to fine and see it rather easy... Right behind Pikachu's ear..

Tbone2356

Time keeps on tickin' by
    Years
    mayiscool said:
    Another heart, May is basicaly pointing up to it, so you should be able to fine and see it rather easy... Right behind Pikachu's ear..

There Just Random Clouds, Nothing More Clouds In Real Life And In Shows Too Will Look Like Anything You Want Them To Look Like So Advanceshippers Will See Them But Other People Wont.

And I Know This Was Discussed About How Age Doesnt Matter But Ash Is Alot Older Then May Heres Why:
    1. In 5 Episodes 2 Months Went By......
    2. When Ash Got Back From Hoenn His Mom Said Oh What A Nice Young Man Ash Has Grown Into, A 10-13 Year Old Wouldnt Be Called A Young Man He Must Be At Least 14-16

And Thats All About Advanceshipping.

For Togepi And Pikachu Shipping
    That Has To Be Over, Togepi Evolved And Lives On Another Continent In Some Wierd Palace That I Doubt Misty Will Ever Go Back To Get Because She Left Her There So She Could Watch Over The Young Togepis And Have Fun.

Light_Azumarill

Danny Phantom!
    Years
    Tbone2356 said:
    For Togepi And Pikachu Shipping
    That Has To Be Over, Togepi Evolved And Lives On Another Continent In Some Wierd Palace That I Doubt Misty Will Ever Go Back To Get Because She Left Her There So She Could Watch Over The Young Togepis And Have Fun.

Erm... I know that. XD I was just meaning that I've always thought that that ship was cute and am a bit of a supporter of it. Just because a person's gone or in another part of the world doesn't mean you can't support the ship anymore. That would severely limit the amount of couples out there and the possibilities. I mean, come on, most would agree that a couple like Ash and Gary would probably never happen, but then there are supporters of it. It is a possibility, albeit a very slim (and I mean slim one). So in order to support it, you have to assume that they will meet up in Pallet again sometime, or eventually meet up some other way blah blah blah.

And to point out something else; perhaps Misty will never go back to the Mirage Kingdom, but that doesn't mean that Togetic can never leave. I know that it seemed quite final and all, but you can't say never.

As for the comment about Ash being older than May... though I'm not really much of an Advanceshipper, I'd have to say that a difference of three years shouldn't matter in the least. Eventually they will get to an age where the difference is so small it's unnoticable. When Ash is 25, and May is like 22, what difference would that make? She acts as 'grown-up' as Ash does, so I don't really see the problem. It's not like Ash is 20, and she's 10, and they're making out or something. ^^;

Years
    • Seen Jan 19, 2011
    I do think Ash is just over a year older than May. I know those heart's might just be cloud's and may just mean nothen at all. I know that. but it's odd. I can make out Articuno in these screen shoot's, now what are the odd's? hehe another heart above May, this time a big heart!

I think the relationship between May and Drew does have a good chanch of becoming canon, but the relationship between Ash and May also have a good chanch of becoming a romantic one. It seem's May condisder's Ash to be a hero, wich of course is a big thing when it comes to romance.

Last edited:

Light_Azumarill

Danny Phantom!
    Years
    *though it's a little off-topic*

OMG! I totally see the Articuno! And the cloud above it looks like Ho-oh! And then the cloud across from Ho-oh totally looks like Lugia!! O__O Seriously, it really does to me. This is kinda freaking me out....

*to make it on-topic again*

Yeah, I agree. I could see both of pairs happening actually. Right now I think most would agree that the show seems to be leaning towards May/Drew, but then again, the writers seemed to love throwing the 'GS ball' in our faces and never did anything with it. :<

Years
    • Seen Aug 27, 2016
    the Articuno, Ho-ho, and the lugia screen shoot is cool! so maby all those heart's are not by mistake, and really have a purpose and meaning to them!!

I really whould like to she May and Ash ending up together! I don't mind if a few episodes were maid were it look like contestshipping was going to become canon. it well make a grat plot twist if they did an episode like that and at the end May comes to understand she is in Love with Ash instead. that whould be really cool, but it be also be cooler if she keep it to her slef intill she learn that either Ash does not fell the same way about her you know Misty. or she learns that Ash really does..

Years
    • Seen Jan 19, 2011
    I am glade that some body ulse can see the Articuno! Maby other's well start seeing the heart's also..

So what do you think well pervent contestshipping becomming canon, other than advanceshipping? Maby I think if May found out if Drew all ready had a girlfreind, or perharps fines that Drew is not intrasted in her after all.

I think the one big thing that well pervent advancshipping becomming canon is Ash dense, and stupidty when it comes to romance. Really, all the times that Ash and May has been in a romantic spot with each other, he really did not do any thing much , other try to her bestfreind. but agian thats probley Ash's way of trying to tell May he like's her...

Light_Azumarill

Danny Phantom!
    Years
    Yes, that is a problem. Ash = denser than a hunk of lead. Though, he did seem to notice Melody's good looks in the second movie, and there was Giselle. *shrug* I think that for Ash to realize any 'feelings' he has for a girl, it would all depend on the girl. I think Ash realized (somewhat) that Macey had a thing for him at the Silver Conference, most probably because she was very obvious about it. For Ash to know that someone likes him, he's going to need a thwack over the head with obviousness. Just staring and blushing ain't gonna cut it. Ash seems more like an action person, so I think perhaps hugs/hand touching/kiss on the cheek would probably be effective.

As for what could happen to make May/Drew not canon... um, I think the most likely thing for that would be that Drew ends up training in one spot only, or leaves to a region that May isn't going to. It would be her decision though. She's just sort of following around Ash, so it would be interesting if she had to choose to follow Ash's path, or Drew's.

mistywishmaker

such a thing as f o r e v e r
    Years
    It's not as if Misty's most recent goodbye was very emotional either.

Well, like you said, it indicates that she'll be back again for some special episodes or something.

And... the cloud thing is just... sorry, but I think a 'heart-shaped' cloud could be identified in any picture. And they aren't really hearts, either =/ They're just clouds that anyone can interpret to be anything =3

Years
    mistywishmaker said:
    Well, like you said, it indicates that she'll be back again for some special episodes or something.
    May/Max/Brock were different, because they were coming back in the next episode. Misty's case doesn't seem any different than her goodbye in Hoenn.

Misty may come back for some special episodes (like the 10th anniversary thing), but there's nothing to really indicate that Misty is coming back permanently.

The only problem I see for Contestshipping is if May beat Drew. If May ever beats him, then Drew might leave the show, and Contestshipping is sort of screwed then. But we don't know when she'll beat him.

Light_Azumarill

Danny Phantom!
    Years
    Hm... good point you make cold_katanagirl.

Drew's sorta like Gary in the way that May is always striving to beat him. After all, Gary did stop being Ash's rival after Ash beat him in the Johto finals (which I thought was stupid =P). However, I see no reason why May can't beat Drew once, then he regroups for a while during one of his 'absences' and beats her in another contest. Just because one person beats another doesn't mean they're not worthy of being a rival. People can get stronger and change their teams. I don't know if that's what the writers of the show would do, but it's a thought.

mistywishmaker

such a thing as f o r e v e r
    Years
    May/Max/Brock were different, because they were coming back in the next episode. Misty's case doesn't seem any different than her goodbye in Hoenn.

Misty may come back for some special episodes (like the 10th anniversary thing), but there's nothing to really indicate that Misty is coming back permanently.

Misty probably isn't going to come back permanetly, but I was just saying that, as you said, it indicates that she's not going to be gone forever. =3 and, the whole Mastermind of the Mirage Pokemon is entirely dub-done, so the writers have no knowledge of this :3

Also, if May beats Drew, I don't see anything wrong in that. I mean, May's not weak or anything, and Drew seems to be softening up in the newer episodes (like in the Wakana episode =3 Very cute XD)

Years
    mistywishmaker said:
    Misty probably isn't going to come back permanetly, but I was just saying that, as you said, it indicates that she's not going to be gone forever.=3
    Well, obviously. It's not as if I'm expecting her to get off the show permanently forever and ever till Pokemon dies or whatever happens.
    Also, if May beats Drew, I don't see anything wrong in that. I mean, May's not weak or anything, and Drew seems to be softening up in the newer episodes (like in the Wakana episode =3 Very cute XD)
    It's a problem because May is Drew's rival. When the hero(ine) beats their rival, that generally means that the rivalry is over and that the character is pretty much done.

Drew is a bit different though, because he can be considered a romantic interest as well. Then again, May may not beat him anytime soon.

Jorah

What do I put here?
    Years
    • Age 33
    • UK
    • Seen Aug 18, 2021
    Wow, there's shipping in Pokemon??? I never knew! Well, I've seen only seen a few episodes with May in, so I suppose that's why I'm leaning towards Ash/Misty. In the episodes I've seen with May in, all she seems is a good friend for Ash. I've never actually seen any proof for May/Ash except that they hang around together. I also like Jessie/James.

Years
    • Seen Jan 19, 2011
    Advanceshipping has now look's like it might not really happen!! May really does seem's to be in love with Drew. I can understaand how many advanceshipper's can say "Whaaat???" or "Wtf!!" to this. Yes considering how many time's Ash has save May's life, and done so many thing's for her. Ash has impress May, he has got her to like him. However nevr did show any real romantic intrest in her. May probly decided that if Ash does not want to show any romantic intrest in her she will go with the boy that has and does. Drew...

Years
    • Seen Aug 27, 2016
    I still think that May and Ash still have a good chance of getting together. they still like each other, and May at less to me seem's like she is more intrasted in finally beating Drew in the Kanto GF's rather becoming his girlfriend. In the last contest episode, she kind off acted towards Drew like Ash did towards Gary befor he finally beat him. I think she is really comming up with a plan to defeat him, and she probley get Ash to help her to get ready for her match with Drew..

I know that she might have a rather, romantic scean with Drew during the Kanto GF, wich I just will don't like the ideal of that!....I rather have her have an romantic scean with Ash....

Years
    • Seen Jan 19, 2011
    Here is some good contestshipping screenshot's. They are really cool. So do you think there will be any romance between Drew and May during the Kanto GF?

Years
    • Seen Aug 31, 2007
    I still think it should be Misty and Ash. I don't think Ash and May would work as a couple.They seem too much like good friends. I think even if it did somewhere in his heart there would still be a longing for Misty. Besides even though May acts like she's competitng with Drew. I think she would rather be with him than Ash.

AAMLrox

Super Kawaii! ^_^
    Years
    I think May goes better with Drew too- it just seems to work more and, as ~Strawberry Vulpix~ says, May and Ash just seem to be good friends.

Taemin

move.
    Years
    • he / they
    • USA
    • Seen Apr 2, 2024
    Hurray for ContestShipping!

Got a question.
    Does anyone know what the GaryxAsh pairing is...because I KNOW it was a name.

Edit: Wait....I found it.... Palletshipping.... XD I'm surprised I couldn't just guess that myself...

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back