• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Shipping Debates

Who should he date?

• Misty

Votes: 42 43.8%
  • May

Votes: 9 9.4%
  • Dawn

Votes: 14 14.6%
  • No one, Ash only likes Pokemon

Votes: 31 32.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

PikaRom

The Punk Nerd
    Years
    Misty and Ash shipping is cliche if you ask me.

I have to agree with you there. Ever since the show started to become more developed, people said "Ash and Misty obviously love each other," with no evidence that couldn't fall through the cracks like quicksand. I rarely see people that have concrete evidence rather than people who say "It's just because they are always together, can't you see?"

Years
    • Seen Jun 19, 2008
    Pokeshipping is the terrible. Makes me sad inside.

Gymshipping, on the other hand...

Nattydee

Meowth's Fangirl
    Years
    • Seen Jun 17, 2007
    What do you guys think of Pikashipping? I have to admit to KIND of liking it, imagining if Pikachu was female with a slightly fangirly crush on Ash.

Years
    • Seen Jun 19, 2008
    Pikashipping? It's okay, don't really like it though. I never shipped Ash. Red, yes. But not Ash.

Waffle-San

Blue-Steel
    Years
    I guess i support pokeshipping(thats Ash and Misty right?) just because they'res no other one i can see myself supporting 9for Ash anyways). They were the original characters and Misty always seems so jealous. Of course whoever Ash ends up with I think he'll love Pikachu more (stating the obvious).
    I must say though i'm a huge supporter of Canuckashipping, which is me and May. Since the only access to the show i have is in the 9th season i only found out a few days ago that May had left for Johto, I almost cried, but I still keep a picture of her in my hockey gloves for good luck. Got a hat-trick first time i had it.
    GO CANUCKASHIPPING!!!!!!

Years
    I would prefer a May/December (older man/younger woman) relationship where it wouldn't be as creepy, either in age or execution (Gio/Domino, Oak/Delia, or...Harley/May, see icon). I have to say, after the 8th movie, Banks/Kydd Summers had some good banter/interactions. It would be unique as he's the assistant here, instead of the usual reverse with the gender roles.

Years
    I guess i support pokeshipping(thats Ash and Misty right?) just because they'res no other one i can see myself supporting 9for Ash anyways).
    I don't know why, just Ash and Misty for me
    See, this is the problem with most Pokeshippers. Most simply accept Pokeshipping because they can't or are too lazy to find anything else with actual evidence, or try to defend it. It's like it's the default shipping. No one ever cares about the fact he basically threw her away and hasn't visited her even once since then. Then there's all the other negative things they seem to forget, such as Totodile. Anyone remember that episode? Ash was fighting over it with her, knowing that water pokemon are her favorites, and eventually ended up getting it. Now, he's practically thrown it away, and doesn't even use it. Now, if he truly liked her, he would have given it to her when she left.

You see what I'm saying? Tracey, on the other hand, occasionally visits Misty, he helps her, he took time out of his day to try to teach her Psyduck to swim, make badges, clean the pool, etc.
    AND, most importantly, Azurill. Do we see Misty with a Pichu? Nope. Tracey knew that Misty would like Azurill, and he gave her the baby of his own Marill, instead of being greedy and keeping it for himself, like Ash would do.
    </fanaticalorangeshippingrant>

Years
    Nah, not every ship needs a name. Most of the good ones are taken by random Human/Pokemon or Pokemon/Pokemon shippings that people come up with and waste perfectly good names for everyone. Then there are people who make up 30 names (that no one will use) for the same shipping.

Bleh, I don't even try to name shippings. Too much trouble, and it gets annoying when you think up a perfectly suitable name, and it's already taken by Spinarak x Regigigas, or something.

Years
    Nah, not every ship needs a name. Most of the good ones are taken by random Human/Pokemon or Pokemon/Pokemon shippings that people come up with and waste perfectly good names for everyone. Then there are people who make up 30 names (that no one will use) for the same shipping.

Bleh, I don't even try to name shippings. Too much trouble, and it gets annoying when you think up a perfectly suitable name, and it's already taken by Spinarak x Regigigas, or something.

Indeed, I've noticed that Pokemon is one of the few that actually devises/designates such names. I don't understand why, as Pokemon isn't really a romance genre -- Lord knows we have so many of those already.

And, no, I don't bother with such names, either. Who has the time or the mental energy for such things? Heh.

Years
    I never really understood it either; though I don't really hate the whole naming thing. I mean, 'Pokeshipping' sounds alot less annoying than 'omgAshandMistyloveeachotherlolz'. xD

Of course, when I start going on about Summonshipping and Conceitshipping, no one has any idea what I'm talking about. The less common ones, that no one but a few people know about, aren't generally recognized by the average person, so I usualy have to go back and explain that "Summonshipping is Melody x Falkner; Conceitshipping is Gary x Lily; etc". So, what's the point?

btw, can anyone think of any reason why Falkner/Melody is called Summonshipping? I mean, what are the bird gym leader of Johto and some random girl from the Orange Islands going to summon? xD

Years
    I agree, names like that can have a certain elegance vs. character/character. And, yes, the unpopular ones don't jog memories, and that's no one's fault as Pokemon's cast is so...bloody vast. And some names, like Summonshipping, is on the freaking moon. Heh.

Years
    • Seen Jun 19, 2008
    Kenji-kun: Maybe because Melody summons Lugia? Who is a bird?

Does it need a name? Does every ship in existence have to have a name? Heh.

Yes.

Pokemon and Yu-Gi-Oh! are the only two shows I have ever heard of that commonly use '____shipping'. Sometimes it gets confusing because I'm all like 'Psychoshipping is so awesome' and then someone else is like 'It's so cute! Red was practically swooning over her!'. And then I try to search for Steelshippy fanart and get Bakura/Keith hentai.

And Keith is eww.

Last edited:
    Years
    OOOH. Duh. I get it. xD

There's some other show, too, that names shippings, but I forgot which one... eh, I'll remember later.

Yeah, it gets confusing having the same shipping names for two totally different shows.

And Keith is eww.
    xD

Years
    • Seen Jun 19, 2008
    OHGOD I JUST REALIZED SOMETHING

Steelshipping in Pokemon is Bashou/Buson, and Steelshipping in Yu-Gi-Oh! is Bakura/Keith...

And they're kind of similar, if you think about it. Bashou and Bakura are both cool, calm, and sadistic, and have that sexy silver hair, except Kura is a little more psycho-ish. And Buson and Keith are buff, over-confident, reckless blonde guys. Except Buson is a lot smarter.

Looks like someone's been cheating off of someone else's ship list...

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back