• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Shipping Debates

Who should he date?

• Misty

Votes: 42 43.8%
  • May

Votes: 9 9.4%
  • Dawn

Votes: 14 14.6%
  • No one, Ash only likes Pokemon

Votes: 31 32.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
    Years
    • Seen Jan 23, 2023
    You know what's funny? The fact that people interested in shipping who go around sending endless e-mails to the Pokemon Company stating "ash+misty iz da BEST! u suk cuz u don't let tem get maried and hav kidz and be happpy! OMG u r bad!!!!!!!!!!!11111111111111111oneoneoneone" well, you get the point. Anyway, it's funny because no one really realizes that Pokemon is a show for 8 year olds, used to promote a video game, and the only reason that there are female characters is because the company doesn't want to get sued for being anti-feminist for not having a main female character and so on and so forth. Really folks, WAKE UP! Pokemon is a show for 8 year olds, and that's why there will NEVER and I repeat NEVER be any relationships between characters EVER!!! Instead, focus on what the show is really about, POKEMON, not relationships, but POKEMON. I rest my case.

Spinor

<i><font color="b1373f">The Lonely Physicist</font
    Years
    • Seen Feb 13, 2019
    You know what's funny? The fact that people interested in shipping who go around sending endless e-mails to the Pokemon Company stating "ash+misty iz da BEST! u suk cuz u don't let tem get maried and hav kidz and be happpy! OMG u r bad!!!!!!!!!!!11111111111111111oneoneoneone" well, you get the point. Anyway, it's funny because no one really realizes that Pokemon is a show for 8 year olds, used to promote a video game, and the only reason that there are female characters is because the company doesn't want to get sued for being anti-feminist for not having a main female character and so on and so forth. Really folks, WAKE UP! Pokemon is a show for 8 year olds, and that's why there will NEVER and I repeat NEVER be any relationships between characters EVER!!! Instead, focus on what the show is really about, POKEMON, not relationships, but POKEMON. I rest my case.

At least let us kill some shipping first :(. It is fun to support shippings because... actually I don't know. But it is still fun XD.

Also, you probably should have used another example. Pokeshippers could see this and bury you alive O.0'

Jorah

What do I put here?
    Years
    • Age 33
    • UK
    • Seen Aug 18, 2021
    O_O I just lost about 3 minutes of my life. Thanks. This is exactly why I don't watch AMVs.

No, you didn't! 10 years down the line, you'll be extremely grateful you watched a 3 minute video about a children's Japanese cartoon character lip-syncing to a song that weirdly fits him! You didn't find it funny?

Wow, that's one weird connection. Jun has nothing on girls, neither does Paul, although they are closely related to each other via Kenny, then you go on Gary? lol.

Oh, there is logic to my thinking! Jun fanboys Paul, and Paul is a rival of Ash's, just like Gary. And then I was thinking about Paul and Gary and realised their fans in the show were rather different XD

Correction. A rabid fanboy, AND a whole bunch of rabid fangirls in the fandom. Including me.

Hmm good point. But Gary also has fangirls in the fandom haha

Jessie/Wobbuffet! It's gonna happen! I know it!

PikachuxAsh ftw!

Cute ^^

Last edited:

RubyJB88

The Runway Trainer
    Years
    Jorah said:
    No, you didn't! 10 years down the line, you'll be extremely grateful you watched a 3 minute video about a children's Japanese cartoon character lip-syncing to a song that weirdly fits him! You didn't find it funny?

Sorry, miss. Nothing beats LittleKuriboh and his exploitation of a children's card game.

Jun fanboys Paul, and Paul is a rival of Ash's, just like Gary. And then I was thinking about Paul and Gary and realised their fans in the show were rather different

I suppose rivals fanboy each other at an early age, which makes a great shipping.

the0person0of03

RANDOM JUNK #1- goat in a tutu
    Years
    PLZ bring back sapphirepearlshipping!

...anyone?
    K
    Imma get a discussion started elsewere!
    Anybody wanna see what Im gunna type about follow.........
    ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited:

Spinor

Years
    • Seen Feb 13, 2019
    Now, why would we be grateful that 3 minutes of our lives were wasted on an AMV later on? XD. Maybe we wouldn't even remember it.

Then again, all time is precious...

...anyone?
    K

Good Luck.

Jorah

What do I put here?
    Years
    • Age 33
    • UK
    • Seen Aug 18, 2021
    Platinum came out in the UK yesterday and it makes me like Jun/Hikari even more ~ Someone says that you two always hang around together, Jun tries to take the blame when you when you're about to walk out into the grass (even though it's him that's trying to run through it anyway XD I laughed at that scene) and it all just seems so cute! Except when I realise they probably say the exact same things when you play as the boy...Lucus is so bland, is Dawn boring when you play as the boy? But Jun/Hikari is really cute anyway.

Does anyone have some more Jun/Hikari fanart? I don't have very much. I'll post some here that I've found just a few minutes ago XD I'm in the mood for posting/saving pictures

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Sorry, miss. Nothing beats LittleKuriboh and his exploitation of a children's card game.

Ah, OK, you win there. But I would like to inform you there are many over videos on YouTube that are funny that *don't* include Bakura getting chopped in half ~ Seeing as you brought it up (not me), I *have* to post a slightly relevant picture that I found a few days ago because it's so funny XD

Spoiler:

Now, why would we be grateful that 3 minutes of our lives were wasted on an AMV later on? XD. Maybe we wouldn't even remember it.

Then again, all time is precious...

Why would you be grateful? Enlightenment. "Why do we exist?", "Why am I me and not someone else?" "does God exist?" "how was the world created?"
    I mean, with all the hours I spend there, I've got to know those things by now...Right?

However, don't expect them to answer more complicated questions, such as:
    • Why does the "Sick of Ash?" thread exist?
    • Exactly how many mental illnesses can you get my entering the "Sick of Ash?" thread?
    • Why did I not commit suicide when I saw the "Sick of Ash?" thread?
    • Why did God decide that all the evil and suffering in the world wasn't enough, and created the "Sick of Ash?" thread?
    • So...exactly how awesome is Bakura, anyway?

These questions, I'm sure, will never be able to be answered. Not my the greatest scientists nor by the greatest religious leaders. When will that "Sick of Ash?" thread die? Everytime it gets *almost* to a month...another person posts in there.
    I've gone crazy o.O I blame the Ronald McDonald videos, I've been listening to them in the background for a few hours o.O Also the "Sick of Ash?" thread

...anyone?
    K

What's Sapphirepearlshipping? May and Dawn, right? Aww I always thought that was cute! It makes me wonder what will happen when Misty and Dawn meet. I hope they have an argument and don't get on at first XD Although, I think people thought that would happen when Misty and May met? I can't remember. But I hope that when Dawn and Misty meet, it'll be funny

A few Dawn/May *screenshots*

Spoiler:

I'm in a very picturey mood today, sorry

Last edited:

RubyJB88

The Runway Trainer
    Years
    Jorah said:
    Platinum came out in the UK yesterday and it makes me like Jun/Hikari even more ~ Someone says that you two always hang around together, Jun tries to take the blame when you when you're about to walk out into the grass (even though it's him that's trying to run through it anyway XD I laughed at that scene) and it all just seems so cute! Except when I realise they probably say the exact same things when you play as the boy...Lucus is so bland, is Dawn boring when you play as the boy? But Jun/Hikari is really cute anyway.

For a sec I thought you said Lucius. -_- Glad to hear you finally gets your hands on this game. Jun/Barry/Pearl's dialogue in Platinum has greatly improved. When he follows you to Lake Verity, and you keep talking to him, kept me amused. I play as the boy, but in the ROM I play as the girl, and I find Lucas's dialogues more "down-to-earth" and natural. Maybe it's just me. Dawn's were okay, I guess. But Lucas's feel a bit better.

One of my favorite dialogues that appear in both D/P and Pt is in Jubilife City and you give him the Town Map. " I like it a lot, but I don't need two." For some reason I find that so funny and can actually imagine how he's saying it.

Cute fanart. ^_^

But I would like to inform you there are many over videos on YouTube that are funny that *don't* include Bakura getting chopped in half ~ Seeing as you brought it up (not me)

I wasn't talking about Binky Boy that time. Honest. Love how you put that comic in triple spoilers.

So...exactly how awesome is Bakura, anyway?

*with a bored look* How and why does this constitute as part of a Pokemon-related thread...-_-

Cura

[color=DarkCyan][i][b]I see nothing! I know nothin
    Years
    Pardon me, but can someone tell me what PokeShipping is?
    I've heard about for sometime, but could never figure it out what it is.
    Explaining it could be helpful. :)

Vernikova

Banned
    Years

It's the pairing of Ash/Satoshi and Misty/Kasumi. Basically, the belief that they belong with each other in a romantic sense. That's all it is.

Last edited:

Lana.

*spin*
    Years

I remember first looking at the Pokemon section on ff.net and being so frustrated by all of the shipping names. xDD

I figured it out eventually, though.

Spinor

Years
    • Seen Feb 13, 2019
    Shipping names can get confusing at times. But I'm sure there was this 500 MB page of shipping names. I don't remember where. Google it and you can look there if there is too much confusion ;)

Everyone knos Ash and Misty had a thing for each other.

I didn't kno that! :O

Misty is to redhead for Ash anyways. She's better off with Tracey or alone

Spinor

Years
    • Seen Feb 13, 2019
    Actually, Jun x Hikari does seem shippier in Platinum in the beginning if you play as a Female. But it's not notable as a male.

Years
    Why would you be grateful? Enlightenment. "Why do we exist?", "Why am I me and not someone else?" "does God exist?" "how was the world created?"
    I mean, with all the hours I spend there, I've got to know those things by now...Right?

However, don't expect them to answer more complicated questions, such as:
    • Why does the "Sick of Ash?" thread exist?
    • Exactly how many mental illnesses can you get my entering the "Sick of Ash?" thread?
    • Why did I not commit suicide when I saw the "Sick of Ash?" thread?
    • Why did God decide that all the evil and suffering in the world wasn't enough, and created the "Sick of Ash?" thread?
    • So...exactly how awesome is Bakura, anyway?

These questions, I'm sure, will never be able to be answered. Not my the greatest scientists nor by the greatest religious leaders. When will that "Sick of Ash?" thread die? Everytime it gets *almost* to a month...another person posts in there.
    I've gone crazy o.O I blame the Ronald McDonald videos, I've been listening to them in the background for a few hours o.O Also the "Sick of Ash?" thread

It exists to placate the people who want a new series. XD
    Seriously do you want the Pokemon Anime forum full of closed threads? XD

Anyways...randomspot always rebuts anyone who criticizes the Anime so it can't be helped if it's "active" everyone.

As for shippings...this should be in Pokemon General since shippings aren't anime-exclusive. D:

I dunno anime TwinleafShipping? It's cute but I prefer CommonerShipping. But that's just me. :P

I really suck at anime shippings. >.<

Jorah

What do I put here?
    Years
    • Age 33
    • UK
    • Seen Aug 18, 2021
    So is the dialogue different between you and Jun if you play as a girl or a boy? Hmm this really makes me want to record down what he says to you right at the start of the game, I might do that haha.

For a sec I thought you said Lucius. -_-
    Lucius Malfoy XD Oh, I've been spelling Lucas's name wrong for ages then, I've always thought it was Lucus. Well anyway, I've always thought Lucas and Brendan were rather bland. I've heard that May acts quite differently to how Brandon does though, apparently May has a crush on you when you play as the boy? When you play as the girl, Brandon acts a little like Gary, acting a bit arrogant, just not as much :/
    One of my favorite dialogues that appear in both D/P and Pt is in Jubilife City and you give him the Town Map. " I like it a lot, but I don't need two." For some reason I find that so funny and can actually imagine how he's saying it.
    I thought that was really funny as well! It's such a Jun-ish thing to say, I can imagine him saying it in the anime XD
    I wasn't talking about Binky Boy that time. Honest. Love how you put that comic in triple spoilers.
    Binky Boy is Marik, Bakura wouldn't get a silly name like that. Bakura is Limey Man XDD The more spoiler tags, less likely someone will accidentally click XD
    *with a bored look* How and why does this constitute as part of a Pokemon-related thread...-_-
    Out of every single side-conversation that may be perhaps slightly not quite on-topic that has ever been posted in this thread by anyone, you decided to pick on that single line from my post? XD Anyway, it was part of my "unanswerable questions in life" list. It is there because it is a question in life that is unanswerable.

It exists to placate the people who want a new series. XD
    The "Sick of Ash" thread exists in a parallel universe where 4Kids are good dubbers. With this knowledge in mind, can we really say that we know, or will ever know, the true reason for the existance of that thread?
    Seriously do you want the Pokemon Anime forum full of closed threads? XD
    No. I want the whole of the PokeCommunity to be full of closed threads. That way, no one can talk about anything :D

You could make a shipping thread for the manga section, couldn't you? I like the Shipping thread here. I don't think there are loads of people that both watch the anime *and* read the manga, are there? It would end up killing the thread by being moved to the General section, I think

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back