• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Sick of Ash?

Should they...?

• Make Ash a less central character in the anime

Votes: 141 29.1%
  • Make a new anime series altogether

Votes: 186 38.4%
  • Keep it the same

Votes: 157 32.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
    • Seen Dec 21, 2010
    Well I think Ruby has the Potential to be the future Hoenn Champion. :3

And no Red is no god. Deoxys Emo-event anyone?
    May be we should discuss this some place else because I do not want to get too far off what the topic is about.

Years
    • Seen Apr 22, 2009
    the anime went downhill when johto started, ash's whole personality went to crap. i like the old cocky, stubborn ash from the first series. he was awesome as a stubborn underdog, now, everyone in the show gets along and its lost its good qualities. i remember when ash had to earn respect from lt. surge, we need the mean gym leaders to come back too.

Years
  • I think they should make a spin-off to see how successful it could be.
    It would be like A Yu-Gi-Oh GX but for Pokemon haha.
    New storyline,Maybe Butch+Cassidy replacing Jesse+James.
    Maybe bring in already-established-characters such as Misty and Gary to make it interesting.
    Idk.
    I would really love to see a show that revolves around that protagonist from Pokemon Collaseum..

Years
  • MOAR JIMMEHHHH

haha but seriously, I do like Ash but it would be great if they just made a new series, maybe even as a side series going at the same time as D&P or whatever that comes next, or in between, with Jimmy and Marina. I love them so much <3 Those three Raikou episodes were so refreshing :)

Prof Tak

Beginning Co-ordinator
    Years
  • i'm gonna say keep it the same, as much as i would like to see a new character in there, it would ruin the storyline.

Valentines

Tastes like valentines
    Years
  • I don't think Pokemon would be the same with another character, and them booting Ash, or even making him equal to someone else as far as focus goes. Ash and Pikachu especially make the show.

But he does need to try and catch legendaries, and win the E4.

I just wish I could watch it tho :/

GFA

Mega Blastoise is my homeboy
    Years
    • Seen Sep 7, 2018
    I kind of like the idea of turning Pokemon Adventures/Special into an anime

Speed

Skyward
    Years
  • I don't think Pokemon would be the same with another character, and them booting Ash, or even making him equal to someone else as far as focus goes. Ash and Pikachu especially make the show.

But he does need to try and catch legendaries, and win the E4.

I just wish I could watch it tho :/
    It'd be pretty hard to catch legendaries with poke balls. xD

I'm good with Ash, but a change would be nice, but keep him in the anime as a supporting character, or something like that. XP

Chibi Robo

of the entire epoch!
    Years
  • Yes I am very sick of ash he is the whole reason why I quit watching the anime
    But thats just my opinion.......

BeatTheSpecialStage

is gay for Ritchie
    Years
    • Seen Aug 16, 2009
    He's the reason I stopped watching back in Johto. Then I started again in Hoenn, after it started going downhill, and stopped watching again after Battle Frontier. Then I started watching in the beginning of DP and stopped in DPBD.

Formula380

Supersonic
    Years
  • Well I voted take him out and make a different show. But then wouldn't Pokemon just turn into Digimon now? They should just take out Pikachu. He seems to be slowing Ash down a lot because of Team Rocket showing up to take it every time. (Or has that changed? I haven't watched this show sence like the first season.) Maybe he would get something done if he didn't have them around all the time.

EJ

everything is purple
    Years
    • FL
    • Seen Mar 19, 2022
    I think they should just do a new show all together. That pokemon special with Jimmy from G/S/C was pretty good compared to Ash. Also, all he has is Typhlosion and Beedrill so he has enough spots to go out and venture to catch new and exciting pokemon.

Penumbra

Do you enjoy reading this?
    Years
  • uhm... I'm in between. I think they should add more rivals so there's more conflict. Ash is too much of a push over, AND HE NEVER CATCHES THE LEGENDARIES. grr. Ash's personality needs a less-friendly adjustment. His believing-in-pokemon-no-matter-what gets under the skin, but I like Ash as a character in general.
    Kind of iffy. I dont care if he's uncentralized or not. He just needs a few realistic adjustment.

Also, on the anime in general... People see it as a kid thing because the episodes barely have action. They either have a lot of action in an episode (rare) or no action at all (veryyyyyyyyy common). Ash needs to battle more people and evolve his pokemon more quickly.

Last edited:

BeatTheSpecialStage

is gay for Ritchie
    Years
    • Seen Aug 16, 2009
    I think they should just do a new show all together. That pokemon special with Jimmy from G/S/C was pretty good compared to Ash. Also, all he has is Typhlosion and Beedrill so he has enough spots to go out and venture to catch new and exciting pokemon.
    Actually he has 6 pokemon. When he went to the Pokemon Center he had 6 pokeballs rejuvinated.

Years
    • Seen Dec 7, 2010
    i don't really mind them using ash again and again because he is a familier face i grew up around

Scales

Man of Infinite Jest
    Years
  • I feel they put way to many morals and emphasis on friendship in the pokemon Anime. I mean sure. It was fine when Ash and Co met someone and fought Team Rocket after learning a moral or finding out about the value of friendship. But I mean come on now. They do it almost every single episode. I watched an episode of the Hoenn chapter and all the characters either seemed identical to a character from a previous season or the plotline did

Ash was alright back in the first season as a rookie trainer. But now he just feels pathetic in my opinion. He is always getting rookie pokemon which he normally just evolves them and leaves for another region. Or he fights some awesome pokemon and just lets it go or gives it to someone else. I mean come on now, Ash wants to "Catch em all" but now it just seems he wants to explore regions and chat with people instead of actually catching and battling pokemon. Plus the only pokemon they ever let him keep for a new region is Pikachu. Whatever happened to keeping a consistant team and actually work toward being GOOD at pokemon battling instead of being a rival with a local trainer with a rookie pokemon

Zenite

the Pokemon Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Nov 19, 2022
    What's point of Ash catching a legendary? lolz i has dialga im gonna pwn everyone and win all gym leaders and champions lolz. As someone stated before, they maintain a balance in the pokemon world, and should never be captured. I doubt Ash would even use them in battles and tournaments, if they were somehow allowed to used in the first place.

All they really need to do is change up some events in the storyline, and have some characters from the old seasons make appearances in Sinnoh. If Ash beats a champion in a region, he would have to stay there to defend the title, or pass the title off to continue his journey.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back