• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Signature Rules & Review Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Seen Mar 13, 2022
Using CSS to fill background of your signature shouldn't be a problem right? Even though it has a 100% span it doesn't actually affect the width of your SIGNATURE it's dependent completely on the size of the browser window and whether a member is using a fixed width theme or not. Soooooo I imagine this is in no way contrary to the rules?

ie: My signature is 250x~275px right now.

Kotowari

Will be back eventually
Years
Sorry for posting here again, but I'd like to verify something concerning this rule:

"An image plus text cannot exceed 600 pixels in width and 400 pixels in height."

I checked my signature by printscreening and pasting it in PS. PS says it's 500x345.
Which is still below the 600x400 pixels.
The image is not even the background of the CSS. I just added a black frame because it makes the theme look better (on any forum theme). That's not allowed even if the size is below 600x400?

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Dec 30, 2023
Using CSS to fill background of your signature shouldn't be a problem right? Even though it has a 100% span it doesn't actually affect the width of your SIGNATURE it's dependent completely on the size of the browser window and whether a member is using a fixed width theme or not. Soooooo I imagine this is in no way contrary to the rules?

ie: My signature is 250x~275px right now.

Nope. I'm fully aware of how CSS works, and I'm going to tell you that making the width at 100% breaks the limits. Including CSS, your signature cannot go over the limits of 500x300 if you're not adding addition text, and 600x400 if you are. We're eliminating loop holes. Simple as.

Sorry for posting here again, but I'd like to verify something concerning this rule:

"An image plus text cannot exceed 600 pixels in width and 400 pixels in height."

I checked my signature by printscreening and pasting it in PS. PS says it's 500x345.
Which is still below the 600x400 pixels.
The image is not even the background of the CSS. I just added a black frame because it makes the theme look better (on any forum theme). That's not allowed even if the size is below 600x400?

500x300 for images and CSS and you are permitted to add 100px to both if you are adding additional text. Take CSS as being an image as they fall under the same oath, even if CSS is not an image. But 500x300 including CSS and you're permitted to go up to 600x400 if you add text. Take out your CSS and you'll be fine.

Is my signature okay? :nervous:

'Fraid not sir, try centering everything and fitting it in 500x300 or 600x400 if you're adding text.

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Dec 30, 2023
What is the point of eliminating the CSS background fill?

What is the need for it in the first place? At any rate, the purpose of a signature is to have a small space in which to display information and there is no need for mega huge signatures on the board. Large signatures such as your own can be extremely distracting to other members and pretty needless given what I've said; a signature is a small space for information, not a fashion statement.

New rules :x

Better safe than sorry; Is mine okay?

Your text should be aligned left to be on the safe side and you'll be fine.

Rou.Tsuki

It's happy hour somewhere...
Years
Went to check if my siggy was ok. Server was really laggy last night so I didn't get to finish. Seems what I did was too big, per notice I received. Re-did my siggy and it seems to fit the bill for the forum now. ^_^

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Dec 30, 2023
How about mine?... *gulp*

-GX-

Too wide and too tall

Okay, I got rid of some lines, so it should be good now, if you could confirm...

Thanks for your help.

Still about 80px too tall

Is my sig ok? I really want to leave it as is!

About 100px too tall.

Ohay. Mine's not too tall, is it? Just a check, yes~

Nope you're fine

Went to check if my siggy was ok. Server was really laggy last night so I didn't get to finish. Seems what I did was too big, per notice I received. Re-did my siggy and it seems to fit the bill for the forum now. ^_^

Far too wide.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Apr 21, 2024
Even though Gavin already said the yes/no, I was working on this reply and think it'll be somewhat helpful for the two members it was directed at:

How about mine?... *gulp*

-GX-
That size 1 text at the bottom really makes it hard to be within the limits. Is there really a need for it? Your signature would be within the limits without that (as well as the quote).

The width of your signature is well passed the limit. It's 698px combining both widths of that signature. Max limit is 600. I suggest removing the left part of the signature, but that's just me.

-Scourge-

Come Together
Years
  • Seen Jan 11, 2011
Is my signature fine?
Before the new rules were here a moderator said it was okay but now that the new rules are here, I want to make sure.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Apr 21, 2024
Your signature's fine, 560cool.
Same for you, -Scrouge-.

txteclipse

The Last
Years
I guess my earlier post probably got lost in the shuffle, but I'm not being allowed to upload signature pictures larger than 100 kilobytes. Any word on this?

Spoiler:

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Dec 30, 2023
That's only if you're uploading it to PC so that it is hosted on the server as opposed to hosting it on tinypic and the like.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back