• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Simple Q&A Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

StrickeN

The mighty force will Strike
    Years
    • Seen Oct 7, 2010
    Ok another simple question lol

I'm EV training a Beldum with Brave nature (+Attack, -Speed) He's going to be a Phys Sweeper I hope
    Any way He seems to be gaining odd number of HP and Spe. Def stats. I'm pretty sure he's just got a bit of IV's in them, can't check at my aunts house, and sadly she does NOT have a wireless router so I can't go check on it. Anywho, should I rebreed it and go for a better IV set up or just train it as is?

Years

I'm EV training a Beldum with Brave nature (+Attack, -Speed) He's going to be a Phys Sweeper I hope
    Any way He seems to be gaining odd number of HP and Spe. Def stats. I'm pretty sure he's just got a bit of IV's in them, can't check at my aunts house, and sadly she does NOT have a wireless router so I can't go check on it. Anywho, should I rebreed it and go for a better IV set up or just train it as is?
    A Physical Sweeper with only like 220 Speed max without Choice Scarf isn't going to outspeed anything and only ties with Max Speed Adamant Tyranitar. =[ You want Adamant to outspeed Tyranitar and hammer it with a possible CB Meteor Mash or Earthquake. An Odd number in a certain stat isn't a big deal unless it's really low for that level. We can't tell what to do without the stats of the Beldum or soon-to-be Metagross.

Aquilae

=))))))))88888888OOOOOOOO<
    Years
    Ok I am an eevee person So I want to raise all the evulitions of eevee, And i would like the best nature for each of the types best level to evolve them. What i should do as EV points and a move set for each one. I need a little more help with umbereon because I have never been a fan of dark pokemon at all. I need to know this cause i am gonna breed a set of female eevees again and start over if i ruined any of this batch.

Next time, you should use the other thread, Request a Moveset/Team.

Anyways if you would want an Eeveelution themed team, the best that you could do is a Baton Pass chain - passing stat boosts and such to each other.

I don't know much about the other Eeveelutions besides Umbreon, but your ideal team should be Umbreon/Leafeon/Vaporeon/Espeon/Jolteon/Glaceon.

Your Baton Pass recipients should be Jolteon and Glaceon. It will be kinda hard to pull off because the only Eeveelutions that can learn Taunt are Umbreon.

Umbreon @ Lum Berry
    252 HP/24 Def/232 Speed
    Bold/Careful

Mean Look
    Baton Pass
    Yawn
    Taunt

Yawn first, then Mean Look the switchin, then Baton Pass out.
    If the lead is something like Gengar or Bronzong that has Hypnosis, Taunt first, Lum Berry will protect against a faster Hypnosis.

I'm too lazy to type out the rest of the sets, so I'll just give you the names of the sets.

Leafeon - Swords Dance Passer
    Vaporeon - Substitute/Acid Armor/Aqua Ring passer
    Espeon - Espyjump (Calm Mind passer)

Jolteon/Glaceon - standard attacking sets

El Gofre

I'm Back.
    Years
    • Age 92
    • Seen Mar 23, 2023

You need to rebreed for nature first of all. A sweeper with -Spd? Metagros wants adamant.

airconditioning

Take it slow, bro.
    Years
    How's this for a Weezing?

Koffing, Bold
    31/x/30-31/23-24/19/x

The SDef is kinda low, but he shouldn't really be taking Special hits anyway. The SAtk is alright- could be better, but good enough, I think.

Dark Azelf

☽𖤐☾𓃶𐕣
    Years
    • Seen yesterday
    How's this for a Weezing?

Koffing, Bold
    31/x/30-31/23-24/19/x

The SDef is kinda low, but he shouldn't really be taking Special hits anyway. The SAtk is alright- could be better, but good enough, I think.

I think you could use the speed and sp.def as weezing is a very effective sweeper and sp.wall XDD

Anyways, I think that should be alright, those ive are pretty cool definitely usable.

StrickeN

Years
    • Seen Oct 7, 2010
    Simple question,

Out of curiosity, if I were to make a poke hold Power Anklet and then give it a Carbos, would it get 14 EV's instead of the normal 10?

Dark Azelf

☽𖤐☾𓃶𐕣
    Years
    • Seen yesterday
    Simple question,

Out of curiosity, if I were to make a poke hold Power Anklet and then give it a Carbos, would it get 14 EV's instead of the normal 10?

Nah, the power items only apply when your actually ev training, not giving it vitamins =p

StrickeN

Years
    • Seen Oct 7, 2010
    Oh cool :D

that means my CBGross should be finished with some vitamins ^^

If I let him eat a rare candy that wouldn't affect his EV gain right? He'd gain the EV boosts correct? Because he leveled up. Making sure :)

StrickeN

Years
    • Seen Oct 7, 2010
    Ok wtf I'm a bit confused

Friend gave me a 98 Gross he got via AR (no EV's at all)

I kill 17 Seaking with a power bracer so he gets 102 EVs, simple simple but low and behold he won't accept a protein o.O

Any clue why this might be? Friend got him from wild with a forced encounter code on, so he shouldn't have ANY EV's what so ever yet he won't even take a protein

I fed him 2 rare candies to see what his att boost was, sadly only a +11 which is strange for 102 EV's, shouldn't the EV gain be 25? curious ty bye

Years
    Ok wtf I'm a bit confused

Friend gave me a 98 Gross he got via AR (no EV's at all)

I kill 17 Seaking with a power bracer so he gets 102 EVs, simple simple but low and behold he won't accept a protein o.O

Any clue why this might be? Friend got him from wild with a forced encounter code on, so he shouldn't have ANY EV's what so ever yet he won't even take a protein

I fed him 2 rare candies to see what his att boost was, sadly only a +11 which is strange for 102 EV's, shouldn't the EV gain be 25? curious ty bye
    I believe once you reach 100 EVs in one stat, the vitamin for that stat won't be accepted since each one=10 EVs so you can only get 100 EVs from them. Therefore, it will not accept it. (I think)

Dark Azelf

☽𖤐☾𓃶𐕣
    Years
    • Seen yesterday
    how do i open a saved battle log from shoddy?

open it with Notepad, copy and paste on a new thread...

As for ev training, You have to do the first 100 with vitamins and then do the remaining 152 or whatever yourself, but after the first 100 it wont accept vitamins.

So the best thing to do is pump it with vitamins FIRST, AND then do the remaining ones yourself ^_^

sims796

We're A-Comin', Princess!
    Years
    To further clarify, even if you never use a single vitamin, once your at 100 EV's on whatever stat you are using vitamins on, it won't accept it. If you had up to 99 EVs in HP, you can use one more HP Up, since it is under 100.

But don't do that. Just drug up to 100, then EV from there.

StrickeN

Years
    • Seen Oct 7, 2010
    Wow sims thanks a HUGE amount

I seriously was upset thinking that something was wrong with the Gross.

I initially do use medicine pre-EV training but i forgot with Gross and jumped the gun

Chibaymega12

Enemies of the Leaf Beware!
    Years
    Another question over EV's.
    Alright, let's say i have a team of finished EV trained pokemon, but they all aren't level 100. So, I go into a level 100 open battle online, would the EV'd stats go to the level 100 level?

Example:
    The original pokemon is:
    Bulbasaur Lv 50
    Neutral Nature on all stats
    252 atk/252 Def/ 6 SAtk
    So the stats on atk, def, and SAtk are: Atk: 101, Def: 101, SAtk: 117

If this pokemon were to go into a level 100 open battle online, would the stats raise to:
    Atk: 197, Def: 197, SAtk: 229?

Justin T

Hydro Action
    Years
    Smogon's down for a while, so I wanted someone's opinion. For TRU Darkrai, is this a good Soft Reset:
    Hasty #491 Darkrai: 2 - 3 / 31 / 28 - 29 / 26 - 27 / 24 - 25 / 26 - 27

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back