• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Simple Q&A Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Years
    • Seen May 31, 2009
    Never expected CBtar Crunch to do that much. Thanks AC

Ambient

FC - 3438 3267 6705
    Years
    Quick Question, does Metagross even need perfect HP and Def IVs given a spread of 252 HP /232 ATT / 12 DEF / 8 SPEED to survive a Adamant Max Attack CB Dugtrio Earthquake?

El Gofre

I'm Back.
    Years
    • Age 92
    • Seen Mar 23, 2023
    Quick Question, does Metagross even need perfect HP and Def IVs given a spread of 252 HP /232 ATT / 12 DEF / 8 SPEED to survive a Adamant Max Attack CB Dugtrio Earthquake?

Pretty much, unless you wanna go with hax. Either way, assuming perfect IVs on all accounts, an EQ will do 85.16%-100.27% to said metagross. That means even with perfect IVs it may still be KO'd.

Jake♫

► My Happy Little Pill 
    Years
    I hatching an Eevee (Just soft-reseting for Shiny). I already know that is has an Adamant Nature, and it's stats are 6/6/5/6/6, which would be best suited as a Leafeon. What's a good moveset for set Leafeon (competitive wise)

Years
    I hatching an Eevee (Just soft-reseting for Shiny). I already know that is has an Adamant Nature, and it's stats are 6/6/5/6/6, which would be best suited as a Leafeon. What's a good moveset for set Leafeon (competitive wise)
    Well, Leafeon like all Eevee evolutions, has a terrible movepool.

Leafeon@Leftovers
    Jolly
    132 HP / 160 Attack / 216 Speed
    Leaf Blade
    Swords Dance
    Baton Pass
    Roar/Grasswhistle/X-Scissor

=/ Really limited. X-Scissor or Aerial Ace means you can do something to Vileplume after a Swords Dance.

Leafeon@Choice Band
    Naive
    252 Attack/224 Speed/32 Special Attack
    Leaf Blade
    Quick Attack/Return/HP Fighting/Sleep Talk
    X-Scissor
    Aerial Ace

HP Fighting is only there to hit Bastiodon and Aggron since Probopass won't take much damage. 224 Speed evs should hit 310 Speed, enough to outspeed Base 105 Speed pokemon.Aerial Ace hits Bugs and Fighting types and Grass types more than anything else in this set. X-Scissor hits Grass types and Leaf Blade for STAB.

sims796

We're A-Comin', Princess!
    Years
    Juuuuuuuuuuuuuuuust terrible movesets,.

The Eeveelutions has LIMITED movesets, not terrible ones. Every Eevee can baton pass something, and THAT is there strength. To give them anything else is an insult to Eevees everywhere. Don't get me wrong, some are great sweepers, but all are greater passers. Even Flareon can pass.

Leafeon@Leftovers
    Nature:Jolly
    Leaf Blade
    Swords Dance
    Baton Pass
    Wish/Yawn/Roar

Who cares if it's only attack move is Leaf Blade--it isn't meant to attack, it'ss meant to pass. Leaf Blade is for defening itself if need be, & with a Swords Dance up it's belt, & a cool high crit ratio, it can hurt.

Magmortified

Wherever I fly
    Years
    • Seen Nov 22, 2009
    Damage: 87.27% - 102.80%
    Two, one if you're lucky.

Yeah, I know, bit late for this, but are you sure this is right? I'm getting about 64-75% on various calcs. It's a guaranteed 2HKO, but I don't see it being an OHKO. At least without Spikes and crud. =P

El Gofre

I'm Back.
    Years
    • Age 92
    • Seen Mar 23, 2023
    Yeah, I know, bit late for this, but are you sure this is right? I'm getting about 64-75% on various calcs. It's a guaranteed 2HKO, but I don't see it being an OHKO. At least without Spikes and crud. =P

What's that in relation to? I'll run them as a thrid party.

El Gofre

I'm Back.
    Years
    • Age 92
    • Seen Mar 23, 2023
    Aha, I've already answered this ;)
    But yeah, it's the third post down on this page.

Magmortified

Wherever I fly
    Years
    • Seen Nov 22, 2009
    There appears to be a level of miscommunication.

What's that in relation to? I'll run them as a thrid party.

CBTar Crunch vs. Garchomp. According to two (non-Metalkids) Calculators, Tar does about 229-271 damage to Chomp. Coming out to about 64-75% on a 4/0 Jolly Chomp.

Anti

return of the king
    Years
    I have a question for you all...

I've been seeing a lot of HP Ice Celebis being used to counter Garchomp, the feared beast it is. So tell me something...is HP Ice Tangrowth a viable Garchomp counter (in general)?

Years
    • Seen May 31, 2009
    Well, Tangrowth has a Base 110 SpA, which would make an HP Ice perhaps a little less strong than a Bold Blissey Ice Beam ?

I use Bold Blissey w/ Ice Beam and it is nearly always a OHKO, so Tangrowth can possibly OHKO-2HKO.

Of course, I'm using information from personal experiences.

Magmortified

Wherever I fly
    Years
    • Seen Nov 22, 2009
    Minus Nature Fire Blast usually 2HKOs Growth. 50 Base Special Defense doesn't quite cut it in comparison to Celebi's 100.

Swords Dance YacheChomp can be mean as well. Well, it won't 2HKO using Fire Fang (not counting Leftovers, anyways), but Stealth Rock and/or Sandstorm pretty much means Tangrowth is 2HKO'd while Chomp lives with Yache Berry. SD Outrage is pretty much a guaranteed 2HKO, but, in fairness, it's so on Celebi too. I don't think Outrage is quite standard on the SD set, but I've seen it used.

I think that a lack of fair recovery really hampers Tangrowth, here. While it's excellent at taking most Choice Chomps (obviously not Specs. =P), provided they don't pack Fire Blast, it can't quite keep coming in to repeat without some generous Leech Seeding.

Years
    • Seen May 31, 2009
    Physical attacks don't truly work on Growth. I had a 4 DDanced Gyarados and even an Ice Fang did only 79.5%-83.67%. It was a 2HKO meaning Garchomp not be able to do much besides Fire Fang it.

Fire Blast does murder it though :(

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back