• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Simple Q&A Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

El Gofre

I'm Back.
Years
    • Age 92
    • Seen Mar 23, 2023
    FEAR doesn't suck, it's just really unfair. But like pkmn breeder jack said, weather conditions also have to be put into consideration. But in BP, what's gonna stop Smeargle from fainting? Unless it has FS, the first attack will knock it out. Also, once again, if the opponent has lum berry, spores attack was wasted and it will be taken out.

No fear does suck. It dies to entry hazards, weather, status, the list goes on. It's a one-use only poke, and you can take one poke out with it at best, and if any of the above are in effect then it doesnt take out anything and you're a poke down. A better strategy is to give a poke choice band and explosion, it comes to the same result.

Ambient

FC - 3438 3267 6705
    Years
  • That doesn't stop Spore from having 100% accuracy. Just because Lum Berry cures the status doesn't mean the Spore missed.

And I have to agree with FourFourTwo on the BP set- that's really what Smeargle does best. FEAR sets just generally suck.

*Sigh* It's true, FEAR sets do suck, but Spore doesn't have 100% accuracy, it still misses with items like Brightpowder etc. Aerial Ace and moves like that are 100% accuracy though.

I'd go with Gofre's advice and avoid using Smeargle in OU, maybe in UU it'll stand a chance.

airconditioning

Take it slow, bro.
    Years
  • Spore doesn't have 100% accuracy? Then it looks like Serebii, Smogon, and Bulbapedia are all wrong. Imagine that.

NOTE: The base accuracy is determined by how often the move will connect WITHOUT ANY EXTERNAL MODIFIERS. Brightpowder may give Spore an 80% chance to hit, but it's still a 100% accuracy move. And for the record, moves like Aerial Ace don't have an accuracy rating. They hit no matter what, despite external modifiers.

And for the record, you can't use Smeargle in UU. He's too BL for that.

Years
  • are the event celebi's from 10 aniv natures predetermened? like i know some events are only 3 natures, like the darkrai movie.. can the celebi be anything??

Dunsparce

The Land Snake Pokemon
    Years
    • Seen Jan 1, 2023
    are the event celebi's from 10 aniv natures predetermened? like i know some events are only 3 natures, like the darkrai movie.. can the celebi be anything??

No, they aren't. I actually went to JAA and asked other people what nature their Celebi was, and I saw every nature at least once there.

I got Calm >.>;

sims796

We're A-Comin', Princess!
    Years
  • Spore doesn't have 100% accuracy? Then it looks like Serebii, Smogon, and Bulbapedia are all wrong. Imagine that.

NOTE: The base accuracy is determined by how often the move will connect WITHOUT ANY EXTERNAL MODIFIERS. Brightpowder may give Spore an 80% chance to hit, but it's still a 100% accuracy move. And for the record, moves like Aerial Ace don't have an accuracy rating. They hit no matter what, despite external modifiers.

And for the record, you can't use Smeargle in UU. He's too BL for that.

Actually, due to a bug, it isn't. It's 99.7%, or something like that. The chances of missing is astronomically low, but still possible.

Years
  • ok one question
    is the space c or huguito deoxy's IVs random?
    i know the huguito one can only be a few natures
    but are the ivs random like soft reseting?

airconditioning

Take it slow, bro.
    Years
  • Actually, due to a bug, it isn't. It's 99.7%, or something like that. The chances of missing is astronomically low, but still possible.

Base accuracy, so my point still stands. >:(

But I haven't heard about that before (other than the fact that it was in RBY- I figured it was fixed since then). What's the source?

sims796

We're A-Comin', Princess!
    Years
  • Base accuracy, so my point still stands. >:(

But I haven't heard about that before (other than the fact that it was in RBY- I figured it was fixed since then). What's the source?

Well, it would be base acc.

I really can't remember. Either Wikipedia or Bulbaperdia, while looking for pics of Energy Ball (which I never found).

Then again, they aren't real poke sites. And wikipedia is known for getting things wrong.

Still, even if I am right, the chances of missing are so laughably small, it's not even worth mentioning. Just thought it was a fun fact. Fun fact....

Years
  • hey guys
    im wondering
    im looking for a pokemon that can baton pass swords dance AND calm mind
    i know there are a few
    but i need the pokemon to have high sp.def and defense

Dark Azelf

☽𖤐☾𓃶𐕣
    Years
    • Seen today
    hey guys
    im wondering
    im looking for a pokemon that can baton pass swords dance AND calm mind
    i know there are a few
    but i need the pokemon to have high sp.def and defense

Well the pokemon that best fits that description would be Celebi..

Azonic

hello friends
    Years
  • Celebi can learn Baton Pass, Swords Dance, and Calm Mind. It still has good Defenses and HP, although Celebi is normally used for other purposes.

Edit: The Fatal Error gave me a late post. XD;

Years
  • yea but.. can he take a hit.. and when i use baton pass, swords dance, and calm mind, i have room for one more move
    what should it be?
    i give him leftovers to recover
    and then psychic or grass knot?
    cuz he needs nad offensive move
    i know recover of heal bell isnt there
    but is that fine?
    and i want speed deoxys in my team
    is 2 legends allowed?

Azonic

hello friends
    Years
  • I'm not entirely sure, but I guess Celebi needs an attacking move, so I'd go with Grass Knot. Legendary status shows nothing in competetive - it is totally dependent upon what tier they are in. So yes, it is allowed in standard play.

Years
  • alright
    i just dont want celebi to be pwn in one shot and have like no hp left and i dont have recover
    would that happen
    i mean my first move would be upping sp.def and sp.atk and he has intense speed

Dark Azelf

☽𖤐☾𓃶𐕣
    Years
    • Seen today
    yea but.. can he take a hit.. and when i use baton pass, swords dance, and calm mind, i have room for one more move
    what should it be?
    i give him leftovers to recover
    and then psychic or grass knot?
    cuz he needs nad offensive move
    i know recover of heal bell isnt there
    but is that fine?
    and i want speed deoxys in my team
    is 2 legends allowed?

Yes, any amount of legendaries is allowed unless your battling a noob.

Celebi has awesome defenses, 100/100/100 all across the board.

Recover/Swords Dance/Calm mind/Baton Pass, you may drop Recover for an offensive move if you wish.

252 HP / 80 Atk OR Sp.att / 176 Speed + speed nature should do it, it puts you above all base neutral 100's and garchomp i believe.

tylerowicz, also, could you please shape up your grammar a bit, its kinda hard to distinguish what your saying. thanks

Years
  • yea well sry
    my keyboard is a bit broken and its hard to type
    im sorry if its pissing you off
    but i do get high 90's in english class
    so ya
    dont be such a d*ck

Last edited:

El Gofre

I'm Back.
    Years
    • Age 92
    • Seen Mar 23, 2023
    How much SpA evs do you get from defeating a gengar?
    What is the best moveset for a salamence?

Gengar gives 3 SpAtt EVs.

Salemence@Choice Specs
    Modest
    252SpAtt/252Spd/6HP
    Draco Meteor
    Fire Blast
    Hydro Pump
    Dragon Pulse
    Easily the most used, arguably the best.

yea well sry
    my keyboard is a bit broken and its hard to type
    im sorry if its pissing you off
    but i do get high 90's in english class
    so ya
    dont be such a d*ck

He's not being a dick. He's asking you to improve your lexis for improved communication. The corret use of grammar is very important. And don't blame your keyboard, this post is full of commonly used abbreviations like "sry" and "ya" but no out of place missing letters. I suppose your shift button also does not work, that's why you don;t use capital letters?

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back