• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Simple Q&A Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

airconditioning

Take it slow, bro.
Years
  • i've got a question over EV's. I got a Umbreon a while back from an event in NYC. It's the level 75 one, and i've never used it. So my question is, are there EV's preloaded, or can i still EV train it as i want to?

If you've never used it in battle, then it won't have any EVs. So yeah, it's a clean slate.

Also, I love the new poll we have for this thread. :)

StrickeN

The mighty force will Strike
    Years
    • Seen Oct 7, 2010
    Ok 2 questions

Simple:

Ok I see this stupid ass rumor on a Youtube video about how from 1-50 (lv) a poke needs 8 EV points to gain any (boost). Which from my knowledge is a lie. Just asking for clarification.

Advanced:

I've got EV training down solid, I'm just working out who gets what training etc. Any who, I was wondering if any one has AIM or something of the sort who is willing to help me out with IV calcs and help me get that in my knowledge Data base. It is annoying as crap trying to get freaking Zapdos HP Ice/grass or w/e. I just need some help in that degree as the guides don't make too much sense. Serebii's formula hurts my brain xD. Help appreciated. Thanks

Aquilae

=))))))))88888888OOOOOOOO<
    Years
  • The stat gain derived from EV points is entirely dependent on the pokemon's level, nature and the base stat in question.

ShoddyBattle is probably the easiest and most convenient Hidden Power Calculator, simply go to the Team Builder and enter the IVs, a HP type and power will show up soon enough.

StrickeN

Years
    • Seen Oct 7, 2010
    Excuse the n00bness in me but...

What is a Shoddy battle / pokemon? I've seen it aroudn haven't been on net for a while now, just recently got it back

Aquilae

Years
  • https://www.google.com/search?hl=en&rlz=1B2GGFB_enSG215SG218&q=Shoddy+Battle&btnG=Search
    www.shoddybattle.com

ShoddyBattle said:
    The goal of the Shoddy Battle project is to create and maintain an abstract and cross-platform pokemon simulator that is free as in freedom. A pokemon simulator is a computer program that offers an online RPG battle experience similar to one found in the Pokemon games.
    We provide an Official Server with a competitive ladder format and a leaderboard. The ladder system assigns each player a rating and provides you with matches near your skill level. Each month, we compile pokemon usage statistics from ladder play. These may aid in creating your teams.
    For more information, see the about page or the screenshot gallery. You are free to checkout the current source code from the repository; it can be viewed online as well. If you have questions, feedback, suggestions, or if you would like to contribute, please post on our forum.

Should be all the information you need.

StrickeN

Years
    • Seen Oct 7, 2010
    Ok well on the IV note, It's not just finding out how to get what Hidden Power and such, it's pretty much I can't figure out how to DETERMINE what number it has.

I've heard of spread sheets where people show what the number should be. I do realize 31 is really good, etc etc. I just can't figure out HOW TO FIGURE THE NUMBER out. I'm trying to work hard and get a good set up of poke's and stuff.

El Gofre

I'm Back.
    Years
    • Age 92
    • Seen Mar 23, 2023
    Ok well on the IV note, It's not just finding out how to get what Hidden Power and such, it's pretty much I can't figure out how to DETERMINE what number it has.

I've heard of spread sheets where people show what the number should be. I do realize 31 is really good, etc etc. I just can't figure out HOW TO FIGURE THE NUMBER out. I'm trying to work hard and get a good set up of poke's and stuff.

You'll have to use one of these programs. The equations are seriously high-level mathematics and it's far easier to plug in the values. Click here for an IV calc, it also tells you the type and strength of your hiddenpower.

Years
    • Seen Mar 4, 2012
    a little question, and one that might be tricky to answer:

would a focus blast from deoxys-e OHKO your average lucario? if you had modest nature, running expert belt, and 252 speed and spc.att ev's

Aquilae

Years
  • Focus Blast from that Deoxys-E to 4 HP Lucario:

131.9149% - 155.6738%

Focus Blast from that Deoxys-E to 252 HP/252 SpD Lucario:

79.36047% - 94.18605%

Focus Blast from that Deoxys-E to 252 HP/252 SpD +nature Lucario:

72.38372% - 85.75581%

Focus Blast from that Deoxys-E to 4 HP +1 SpD Lucario (CMLucario) :

88.29787% - 104.6099%

Unless you're running some weird CMLuke set or trying to use Luke as a special wall (fail) Focus Blast will OHKO.
    Standard Deoxys-E will never run Modest Expert Belt, it runs Hasty Life Orb. The damage only differs by about 2%.
    Standard Deoxys-E will run Superpower > Focus Blast anyway, from standard Deoxys Superpower is an OHKO (at least 102%)

Years
    • Seen Mar 4, 2012
    IV's are individual values, they are locked onto your pokemon when you catch them/hatch them and cannot be changed. they change things such as the hidden power your pokemon has, its stats, if it is shiny or not, and in the case of unown and spinda, changes what it looks like (unowns shape, spindas dots)

airconditioning

Take it slow, bro.
    Years
  • You'll have to use one of these programs. The equations are seriously high-level mathematics and it's far easier to plug in the values. Click here for an IV calc, it also tells you the type and strength of your hiddenpower.

It's worth noting that unless your Pokemon are at a very high level, it's impossible to get completely accurate calculations. And with Hidden Power, you kinda need exact calculations.

Years
    • Seen Mar 4, 2012
    but at least you can determine the type of hidden power, just face differant pokemon and note what it is super effective/ineffective against.

but the power of the HP is harder to determine, thats when you need to go up to higher levels

sims796

We're A-Comin', Princess!
    Years
  • That's all dependant on whether or not you have the Rare Candies. On legends, they are (usually) up at the level where you can just check them as is.

When breeding, wifi battles are the most definate way of finding out. From there, you can literally calculate how many IV's they have. If legends you are checkinng, by all means, pump it with sweets.

Aikochan

Sexy Trainer Aiko
    Years
    • Seen Jun 13, 2008
    Ok I am an eevee person So I want to raise all the evulitions of eevee, And i would like the best nature for each of the types best level to evolve them. What i should do as EV points and a move set for each one. I need a little more help with umbereon because I have never been a fan of dark pokemon at all. I need to know this cause i am gonna breed a set of female eevees again and start over if i ruined any of this batch.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back