• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Simple Q&A Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

devilicious

dream
Years
  • Are you sure you really want to run that Charizard?

I mean, Infernape is just superior to it in about everything, except Charizard has a Ground immunity. But if you really want to stick with it, go with Naive @ 36 Atk / 252 SpA / 220 Speed and run Focus Punch in the last slot.

devilicious

dream
    Years
  • Eh, not quite. Charizard is, for instance, a pretty good Belly Drummer- and the only one to get a boosting nature. Blaziken can hit hard from both sides of the spectrum, not to mention he gets Agility, Reversal and Baton Pass over Infernape.

So there are times where they fit a good niche in your team, favoritism aside. :3

Gulpin

poisonous
    Years
    • Seen Jan 16, 2017
    Shouldn't the formula be this:
    ev x 2 + 5
    ? ev being the normal amount of EV Points you would get. So, if you battle a 1 EP Gastly you would get 7 EV Points. (1)2+5= 7

airconditioning

Take it slow, bro.
    Years
  • No, because it doesn't work like that. Pokerus takes effect after the Power Items, so the formula is:

(EV + 4) x 2

Also, the Power Items only add four points, as was stated earlier in the thread.

El Gofre

I'm Back.
    Years
    • Age 92
    • Seen Mar 23, 2023
    Its not a priority move, so you'll need to be fast. Its not a very good move anyway.

sims796

We're A-Comin', Princess!
    Years
  • I have IV questions on Lucario. I know I must aim for the top, but how important is speed on Lucario? On pokes Llike Garchomp, or even Raichu, max speed is important, as anything less than 31 will leave you outsped. But with Lucario, you either outspeed them or you don't. Plus, he has X Speed to make up the difference. So would I need perfect IV's in speed for him?

airconditioning

Take it slow, bro.
    Years
  • Yes, ten. I believe it can be used 10 times each, but I am most likey wrong.

You are. The berries can be used as many times as you like.

One thing of note if that the berries lower a stat that has over 100 EVs, that stat is automatically set to have 100 EVs. From there, they lower 10 EVs per berry.

sims796

We're A-Comin', Princess!
    Years
  • You are. The berries can be used as many times as you like.

One thing of note if that the berries lower a stat that has over 100 EVs, that stat is automatically set to have 100 EVs. From there, they lower 10 EVs per berry.

So I was close, not outright wrong.

I say that because I was always confused. I have 252 EVs, yet only use 10 or 11 berries. Apparently, my EV's were wiped clean, even though I've used the eqivilent of 100 EV loss.

It's a good thing.

Simple Q&A Thread

Eisaku

EmPoLeOn RoX
    Years
  • Electricity problem! O_o

Well, I have my awesome tank of an Empoleon who keeps getting killed because of my rivals Raichu/Electivire (MY rivals, not the game's one LOL) and I wanna see if there is such a thing as an items that reduces the effects of electric attacks, or just plain absorbs/repels them.
    Any help?

True Justice

Shichibukai: Bartholomew Kuma
    Years
  • Try a Wacan Berry (held by wild Floatzel). Any supereffective electric attack gets weakened when a pokemon eats this berry. But it's only for a one time use.

Years
    • Seen Jan 5, 2023
    Try a Wacan Berry (held by wild Floatzel). Any supereffective electric attack gets weakened when a pokemon eats this berry. But it's only for a one time use.

i think he's got the right berry, so yh use it and it should reduce your damage taken but thats only for one turn so you gotta make sure you can either do some good damage and then switch or have a certain move that will kill it :P

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back