• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Simple Q&A Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

revelp8

My mohawk is on fiiiyaaaa!
Years
  • nah, there's nothing like that. maybe you should invest some special defense EVs to be able to take a hit along with the wacan berry. or if you know the electric attack is coming your way, switch into a ground or volt absorbing poke like jolteon or electivire.

airconditioning

Take it slow, bro.
    Years
  • PROTIP: Empoleon is completely destroyed by Raikou and Electivire. End of story. If you want your Empoleon to take hits from them, you're better off getting Blissey to take hits from Heracross. It's not gonna happen anytime soon.

Fortunately for you, you have five other Pokemon on your team. At least one of them should be able to take care of the Pokemon that threaten your team.

AJ™

ANGRY FAIC!!!
    Years
  • Get yourself a Physical Electivire.
    Give it earthquake.

Switch it into an Electric Attack, it will get a speed boost, use Earthquake WHAMMO.
    No more electric problems :p

Eisaku

EmPoLeOn RoX
    Years
  • Thanks all for the advice!!
    And yeah, that's what I do. Just switch with another. But say it was the last one up against an electric.... O_o
    I am gonna EV train it's sp. defense and defense and speed so it wont get hit first or I can call him back first.

airconditioning

Take it slow, bro.
    Years
  • PROTIP: Don't let your Empoleon be the last one standing on your team when your opponent has Electivire or Raikou. Take care of those problems before then.

sims796

We're A-Comin', Princess!
    Years
  • Please, Wacan Berry is a waste of an Empoleon.

Don't go for the quick fix. As AC said, you have five other team mates. Empoleon is mot meant to take electric moves.

If it so happens that Empoleon is your last poke, and they have an Electric type, consider yourself lost. You were simply outplayed. It happens, no need to force the situation.Wacan leaves you without Leftovers Recovery.

airconditioning

Take it slow, bro.
    Years
  • Most Feraligatrs are DD users, aren't they? I just fought a guy and he killed my lead in one shot because I was expecting DD or a physical attack, not Surf.

Feraligatr has 79 SAtk, which isn't particularly impressive. Not to mention he has DD and Swords Dance, making that puny SAtk look even less desirable. So your opponent was either trying to be original, or is just an idiot. :/

Matt-O

The King's Shadow
    Years
  • Feraligatr has 79 SAtk, which isn't particularly impressive. Not to mention he has DD and Swords Dance, making that puny SAtk look even less desirable. So your opponent was either trying to be original, or is just an idiot. :/

I'm guessing idiot because none of the Pkmn I saw were using all standard moves. Blissey with Flamethrower, Feraligatr with Surf and Hydro Pump, Glaceon with Ice Fang, all kinds of unexpected s***. Perhaps he was trying to throw me off guard with strange moves.

devilicious

dream
    Years
  • I'm guessing idiot because none of the Pkmn I saw were using all standard moves. Blissey with Flamethrower, Feraligatr with Surf and Hydro Pump, Glaceon with Ice Fang, all kinds of unexpected s***. Perhaps he was trying to throw me off guard with strange moves.

That's actually kind of common.
    But yeah, besides Blissey, he really did seem to have quite stupid movesets.

devilicious

dream
    Years
  • Scarf Glaceon @ Hail = Murder.

But seriously, lol. Using it outside of a hail team shouldn't just raise a red flag, but also have you laugh so much out of pity.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back