• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Simple Q&A Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
Years
Anybody know of any good Ev spreads/movesets for a Poison Heal Gliscor? Probably more defensive aswell. Thanks. :)

A good defensive Gliscor set would be this:
-Earthquake
-Toxic
-Protect
-Ice Fang/Facade
Nature: Impish
EVs: 252 HP/184 Def/72 Spe
Item: Toxic Orb
Ability: Poison Heal

or

-Earthquake
-Substitute
-Protect
-Taunt/Ice Fang/Toxic
Nature: Impish
EVs: 252 HP/184 Def/72 Spe
Item: Toxic Orb
Ability: Poison Heal

Dark Azelf

☽𖤐☾𓃶𐕣
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen yesterday

thanks!! i have a toxicroak to help counter ferrothorn. i guess zone could help to also counter scizor but since HP fire is weakened in the rain scizor most likely will live and then hit back with superpower/ brick break which hurts zone.

i was thinking of using rotom-w as a scizor counter because it can burn it, and then switch out with volt switch if its not specs/scarf.

instead of me rambling so much the point is i need help with a scizor counter. any advice?

If you're using Rain good Scizor counters/checks are Rotom-W and Gyarados and also just hitting it hard with stuff like Specs/Scarf Rotom Politoed. Magnezone works too but you cant use HP Fire. Prolly just better just using like Specs Thunder or something with that lol

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Jun 25, 2013
RNG Troubleshooting

For whatever reason my RNG reporter has not been working as it has been intended to for Black and White, and I was wondering if some of you more experienced trainers could help diagnose the issue. I have left some screenshots in an album titled "tstedpuppy help" on my profile, please try to check it out and PM me with your conclusions. Also feel free to request more screenshots that would further assist you.

Thank you!

Years
  • Seen Apr 22, 2012
ALrighty, i need some team advice/help. Heres what im lookin at so far.

Ferrothorn: DEF/SPDEF(or atk); Rocky Helmet.
Ingrain
Leech seed
Gyo ball
Toxic/Power ship
Nature: +def -sp

Cofagrigus: DEF/HP (item?)
Mean look
Curse
Destiny bond
Trick room
Nature: +def/-?

Zoruark: ?/?
Roar
?
?
?
?

I want some control, I wanna use roar or dragontail to control my opponents current PKM, then lash out COfagrigus with a Mean look, or if i can find a pokemon who knows ML and Roar thatd be awesome. - this is strictly a Unova region team FYI. no national pokemon. Ferrothorn is for sweeper taking, long but i wanna give the combo of RH, Iron Barbs, Leech seed and Ingrain a look into.

Years
ALrighty, i need some team advice/help. Heres what im lookin at so far.

Ferrothorn @ Leftovers
252 HP/48 Def/208 SpDef
Relaxed Nature (+Def -Speed)
Power Whip
Leech seed
Gyro ball
Spikes/Thunder Wave

Spikes are recommended if you're using a defensively oriented team, if not, then use Thunder Wave to cripple switch-ins. There's no need for Ingrain since Leech Seed outclasses it.

Cofagrgius @ Leftovers
252 HP/152 Def/104 SpDef
Bold Nature (+Def -Atk)
Rest
Hex/Shadow Ball
Will O Wisp
Haze

Zoroark @ Life Orb
4 HP/252 SpAtk/252 Speed
Timid Nature (+Speed -Atk)
-Dark Pulse/Night Daze
-Nasty Plot
-Flamethrower
-Focus Blast

I want some control, I wanna use roar or dragontail to control my opponents current PKM, then lash out COfagrigus with a Mean look, or if i can find a pokemon who knows ML and Roar thatd be awesome. - this is strictly a Unova region team FYI. no national pokemon. Ferrothorn is for sweeper taking, long but i wanna give the combo of RH, Iron Barbs, Leech seed and Ingrain a look into.

I hope this helps. Zoroark is best used as a Nasty Plot sweeper, Cofagrigus as a Physical Wall, and Nattorei as a wall/spike layer, while Rocky helmet helps a lot, Leftovers is needed for recovery.

Years
  • Seen Apr 22, 2012
thats why i put ingrain, to get back some HP loss from not having leftovers.

plus ferrothorn is a physical ability, that stacks to rocky helmet. thats why i was using him as physical defense..i see what your saying, btu im still gonan try my method attempts. gotta learn somehow!

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
Years
thats why i put ingrain, to get back some HP loss from not having leftovers.

plus ferrothorn is a physical ability, that stacks to rocky helmet. thats why i was using him as physical defense..i see what your saying, btu im still gonan try my method attempts. gotta learn somehow!
The reason why most Ferrothorn use Leech Seed as opposed to Ingrain is because if you use Ingrain, Ferrothorn will be unable to switch, causing it to be revenge killed by Fire and Fighting Pokemon. Also, there's also a possibility of regaining a larger percentage of HP if you use Leech Seed, like if you use Leech Seed on Blissey or Wailord.

Calamity

Just for the love of the game.
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Nov 10, 2020
What pokemon would I have to defeat and how many to get this Ev spread; 252 HP / 184 Def / 72 Spe. Thanks. :)

vPHOTONv

Breeder/EV Trainer
Years
4th gen OU gengar

Timid@focus sash/life orb
EV 6Hp 252 Sp.A 252 Spe

Moveset ATM

Thunderbolt
Energry Ball
HP Fire
Shadow Ball

Not sure what to do. I like the moveset but I feel it won't work. Energy ball to hit swamperts, HP fire for Scizors who likes to eat gengar. Shadow Ball for stab. Tbolt for a filler.

Or should I go with
HP fire
Shadow Ball
Substitute
Energy Ball/Tbolt

Side notes, my team lacks a away to nail swampert, except my zapdos, running HP grass.
Focus Blast hits about 5% of the time for me.

smurf

Veteran Trainer
Years
  • Seen Jan 11, 2015
ok guys need some help i need moves for druddigon and leavanny thanks guys

Years
  • Seen Apr 22, 2012
Mkay..

Accelgor Speed/hp
Timid
Leftovers

-Recover
-Spikes
-Substitute
-U turn

Darmanitan - ATK/HP
Brave
?

- Belly Drum
- Substitute/rest
- flare blitz
- Will - o wisp/?

Cofagrigus - DEF/?
?
?

- Trick room
- Curse
- Mean look
- Protect

Last edited:

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
Anyone know a good moveset for a Modest Own Tempo Lilligant? Thanks in advance. :]

.Aero

Tell Me I'm A Screwed Up Mess
Years
What pokemon would I have to defeat and how many to get this Ev spread; 252 HP / 184 Def / 72 Spe. Thanks. :)

252 HP - Face 252 Ducklett on Driftveil Bridge, or 126 Palpitoad in Icirrus City.
184 Def - 184 Roggenrolla in Wellspring Cave
72 Spe - 72 Woobat in Wellspring Cave

4th gen OU gengar

Timid@focus sash/life orb
EV 6Hp 252 Sp.A 252 Spe

Moveset ATM

Thunderbolt
Energry Ball
HP Fire
Shadow Ball

Not sure what to do. I like the moveset but I feel it won't work. Energy ball to hit swamperts, HP fire for Scizors who likes to eat gengar. Shadow Ball for stab. Tbolt for a filler.

Or should I go with
HP fire
Shadow Ball
Substitute
Energy Ball/Tbolt

Side notes, my team lacks a away to nail swampert, except my zapdos, running HP grass.
Focus Blast hits about 5% of the time for me.

Gengar isn't very good for taking down Scizor, as he'll generally die in one hit to Bullet Punch. I understand Focus Miss never hits, but without it, your coverage is hindered pretty severely. If you don't want to use it, place t-bolt/HP fire over if, but you're hurting yourself in the process. Here's my suggested set:

- Substitute
- Hidden Power Fire / Thunderbolt
- Shadow Ball
- Focus Blast

ok guys need some help i need moves for druddigon and leavanny thanks guys

Druddigon@Choice Band / Life Orb
Adamant Nature [+Atk; -SpA]
Ability: Rough Skin
EVs: 236 HP / 252 Atk / 20 Spe
- Outrage / Dragon Claw
- Earthquake
- Fire Fang
- Crunch / Sucker Punch

Sucker Punch lets you alleviate his terribad speed somewhat, the rest is STAB and coverage.

Leavanny@Focus Sash / Life Orb
Jolly Nature [+Spe; -SpA]
Ability: Chlorophyll
EVs: 104 HP / 252 Atk / 152 Spe
- Leaf Blade
- X-Scissor
- Return / Shadow Claw
- Protect

Best suited for a sun sweeper.

Mkay..

Accelgor@Focus Sash
Hasty Nature [+Spe; -Def]
Ability: Sticky Hold
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
-Focus Blast / Yawn
-Spikes
-Bug Buzz
-U turn

Darmanitan@Choice Band
Adamant Nature [+Atk; -SpA]
Ability: Sheer Force
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
- Flare Blitz
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- U-Turn / Superpower

Excellent in the sun. Flare Blitz can 2HKO Gyarados after intimidation. That's really amazing. o.o

Cofagrigus@Leftovers
Bold Nature [+Def; -Atk]
Ability: Mummy
EVs: 252 HP / 136 Def / 120 SpD
- Rest
- Haze
- Will-O-Wisp
- Hex

Anyone know a good moveset for a Modest Own Tempo Lilligant? Thanks in advance. :]

Lilligant@Leftovers / Life Orb
Timid Nature [+Spe; -Atk]
Ability: Own Tempo
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
- Quiver Dance
- Sleep Powder
- Giga Drain
- Hidden Power [Fire] / Hidden Power [Ice] / Hidden Power [Rock]

It would probably just be the same set, minus Chlorophyll abuse. You can still Quiver Dance up after a sleep powder to get higher speed. ;]

Years

Alternatively, you could run Petal Dance over Giga Drain on the set Aero gave you, since it's more powerful and the after effects aren't felt by Lilligant, since it has Own Tempo.

.Aero

Tell Me I'm A Screwed Up Mess
Years
Alternatively, you could run Petal Dance over Giga Drain on the set Aero gave you, since it's more powerful and the after effects aren't felt by Lilligant, since it has Own Tempo.

Totally overlooked that fact. >.< Yeah, use Petal Dance if you don't mind losing a bit of durability, or don't mind being locked into a move.

Oryx

CoquettishCat
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 30, 2015
HP: Alomomola, 165
Att: Conkeldurr/Excadrill/Darmanitan(normal form), 140, or Zekrom, 150 (legendary)
Def: Cofagrigus, 145
Sp. Att: Chandelure, 145
or Reshiram, 150 (legendary)
Sp. Def: Cryogonal, 135
Speed: Zebstrika/Whimsicott, 116 or Meloetta, 128 (Pirouette form, legendary and not released yet)

I wouldn't recommend making a team out of this tbh, but if that's what you want to do good luck! I included the legendary as well only if there was a legendary with a higher stat, in case you feel the need to use one.

YesMyGengar

loli'mnew.
Years
HP: Alomomola, 165
Att: Conkeldurr/Excadrill/Darmanitan(normal form), 140, or Zekrom, 150 (legendary)
Def: Cofagrigus, 145
Sp. Att: Chandelure, 145
or Reshiram, 150 (legendary)
Sp. Def: Cryogonal, 135
Speed: Zebstrika/Whimsicott, 116 or Meloetta, 128 (Pirouette form, legendary and not released yet)

I wouldn't recommend making a team out of this tbh, but if that's what you want to do good luck! I included the legendary as well only if there was a legendary with a higher stat, in case you feel the need to use one.
Why not?
Anyways, I'm not making only ONE team, I'm assembling various teams, with different tactics.

Oryx

CoquettishCat
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 30, 2015
Why not?
Anyways, I'm not making only ONE team, I'm assembling various teams, with different tactics.

If they're all different teams then that's different, lol. Competitively I don't think Pokemon like Zebstrika are used though, that's why I mentioned that. xD Anyway, that's just my opinion, don't let it stop you if that's what you wanna do :3

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
Years
I agree with Toujours. If you want to use a hyper offense team, use Pokemon like Conkeldurr, Excadrill, Chandelure annd Hydreigon. If you're using a stall/balanced team, use Pokemon like Whimsicott, Ferrothorn and Jellicent. High stats in one area aren't everything.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back