• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Simple Q&A Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

greg0915

Tomorrow is a new day
Years
Hey everyone ^_^ I just acuired a shiny flwaless Impish Duskull and i need help on an Eviolite sey for Dusklops (maybe to work in a Trick Room team also)

.Aero

Tell Me I'm A Screwed Up Mess
Years
Husky from Smogon said:
name: Defensive
move 1: Pain Split
move 2: Will-O-Wisp
move 3: Night Shade
move 4: Ice Beam / Taunt
nature: Calm
item: Eviolite
evs: 252 HP / 80 Def / 176 SpD
ivs: 0 Spe

Too lazy to try and format it myself. D; So I jut copy/pasted. xD Hope you don't mind! Dusclops with Eviolite is nice to be honest. More bulky than what's his face evolution mon that I can't remember, except the only issue is losing Lefties recovery (which isn't all bad, because it allows you to extend the use of Pain Split).

Vrai

can you feel my heart?
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Oct 24, 2022
If you're looking for it to run Trick Room as well that would go in the last slot. The other three moves are too essential for it to pass up, really.

greg0915

Tomorrow is a new day
Years
What about a Calm Mind set?
name: Calm Mind
move 1: Pain Split
move 2: Shadow Ball
move 3: Calm Mind
move 4: Ice Beam
nature: Impish
item: Eviolite
evs: 252 HP / 80 Def / 176 SpD

Detox

A calm mind set with Dusclops would not work very well,you already have a very mediocre base 60 Special Attack, then you have an Impish nature, which farther reduces it. You would be better off using it for a defensive role and not an attacking role.

PikachuGuy

THOSE CHU'Z
Years
Quick question for you competitive battlers.

I am wanting to try to get a Mew somehow, and I was wondering on what the best nature to go for. I was thinking Modest to make it into a Special Sweeper.

Mew @ Leftovers/Expert Belt/Life Orb
Modest Nature
252 Spec.Attack, 252 Speed, 6 Spec.Defense

Psychic --- Main STAB move
Aura Sphere --- Takes care of the Dark Types
Roost --- Restores HP when it's weak
Shadow Ball --- Takes care of rival Psychic types

I don't have Mew yet, just wondering if that would be a good moveset when I do get one.

Detox

The preferred nature on offensive mew is Timid, it lets you outspeed positive base 90's and 95's. Iirc the standard offensive Mew is Nasty Polt so I'll just give you that set.

name: Nasty Plot
move 1: Nasty Plot
move 2: Psyshock / Psychic
move 3: Aura Sphere
move 4: Fire Blast / Shadow Ball
item: Life Orb / Leftovers
nature: Timid
evs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe

Hope it helps.

Lati-Fan95

I completed my HG Pokedex!^^
Years
Hey, it´s me again!^^ Maybe you remember me from my last Sigilyph set?^^ Don´t? Oh well!^^ I´m having another moveset from a pokemon that caught my interest!^^ This time, it´s...

...Klinklang!^^
Level: 100
Trait: Minus (I know Clear Body would be better but the DW part where you can befriend Pokemon doesn´t work on my PC!^^)
Item: Leftovers/Chesto Berry/Air Balloon?
Nature: careful
EVs: 126 HP, 252 Def, 130 speed

-Gear Saucer
-Volt Switch/Rest
-Protect/Substitute
-Toxic

I chose a careful nature because I prefer Gear Saucer over Flash Cannon and if I should run both Volt Switch and Gear Saucer, I don´t want an attack or Sp.Atk-ruining nature to get in the way!^^ Well, Gear Saucer is STAB, Volt Switch to escape possible slower counters and to dish out some damage. And Protect + Toxic to slowly kill the opponent while Gear Saucing him to death to support the toxic!^^
The other idea: I ditch Volt Switch and Protect for Substitute and Rest to make Klinklang last a little longer!^^ To get rid of the disadvantage of rest once, I went for a Chesto Berry!^^ But LeftieSub is pretty neat, too...^^ The main strategy is still the same as above (as probably 99,99% of you figured!^^) !^^
As an alternative item, Air Balloon is an okay option to counter Ground types and sudden EQs so I thought it might be a neat thing to use...^^ But it´s pretty unlikely to be ever used by me, just thought I´d give it an honorable mention!^^

Last edited:
Years
Hey, it´s me again!^^ Maybe you remember me from my last Sigilyph set?^^ Don´t? Oh well!^^ I´m having another moveset from a pokemon that caught my interest!^^ This time, it´s...

...Klinklang!^^
Level: 100
Trait: Minus (I know Clear Body would be better but the DW part where you can befriend Pokemon doesn´t work on my PC!^^)
Item: Leftovers/Chesto Berry/Air Balloon?
Nature: careful
EVs: 126 HP, 252 Def, 130 speed

-Gear Saucer
-Volt Switch/Rest
-Protect/Substitute
-Toxic

I chose a careful nature because I prefer Gear Saucer over Flash Cannon and if I should run both Volt Switch and Gear Saucer, I don´t want an attack or Sp.Atk-ruining nature to get in the way!^^ Well, Gear Saucer is STAB, Volt Switch to escape possible slower counters and to dish out some damage. And Protect + Toxic to slowly kill the opponent while Gear Saucing him to death to support the toxic!^^
The other idea: I ditch Volt Switch and Protect for Substitute and Rest to make Klinklang last a little longer!^^ To get rid of the disadvantage of rest once, I went for a Chesto Berry!^^ But LeftieSub is pretty neat, too...^^ The main strategy is still the same as above (as probably 99,99% of you figured!^^) !^^
As an alternative item, Air Balloon is an okay option to counter Ground types and sudden EQs so I thought it might be a neat thing to use...^^ But it´s pretty unlikely to be ever used by me, just thought I´d give it an honorable mention!^^

Klinklang has access to one of the best sweeping moves in the game, so you should probably use it, Careful isn't the best nature for Klinklang, as it's best niche is as a bulky sweeper.

Try this:

Klinklang @ Leftovers
252 HP/176 Attack/80 Speed
Adamant Nature/Minus or Plus
-Shift Gear
-Gear Grind
-Return/Frustration [at Max Friendship or Hate]
-Substitute/Rock Smash

Dark Azelf

☽𖤐☾𓃶𐕣
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen yesterday
i have a sassy politoed with hp grass what can i do with it

Politoed@ Chesto Berry
252 HP / 200 Def / 56 Sp.Def
Sassy Nature
Trait : Drizzle
- Rest
- Scald
- Toxic / Hypnosis / Ice Beam
- Perish Song / Ice Beam

Standard defensive Toed. Keep coming in and changing weather. Chesto Rest off the damage when you are low and annoy your opponent with weather wars for longer. Scald to burn stuff. 3rd + 4th slot is up to you. Status, Ice Beam for Dragons or Perish Song to crush Baton Pass chains.

Is Chansey holding Eviolite better then Blissey? ^_^

Not really. Chansey is just so easy to wear down without lefties (sup sand and sr) recovery. Chansey is one of the best mixed walls in the game, but still not as useful as Blissey imo.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
Years
Even though I know that Magic Guard should be the viable ability for Sigilyph, what merit does Wonder Skin have? Halving the accuracy of status moves targeting Sigilyph sounds like a good deal (correct me if I'm wrong)

Alternative

f i r e f l y .
Years
I honestly wouldn't see the point. Apart from the affirmated sleep move (Spore, Sleep Powder etc.) it wouldn't really hold any merit against Wonder Guard since that would stop burn and poison affecting it altogether. It's already quite decent against Pokemon like Breloom and Amoonguss which carry Spore anyway, so it's up to you. I'd prefer Magic Guard myself, but it depends on if you can handle Spore users.

.Aero

Tell Me I'm A Screwed Up Mess
Years
Well Magic Guard allows you to hold Flame Orb if you so desire without any drawbacks with Magic Guard, essentially preventing status entirely, and allowing you to abuse Psycho Shift.

7Mufasa7

Velohsytea
Years
  • Seen Dec 19, 2014
i have a question and idk if it belongs on this thread but ima ask anyways...

how do you check for IVs and what are they... (in depth)
i tried the serebii website but couldnt figure it out.

Jeikobu

God's beloved child
Years
Any recommendations for a Butterfree moveset? I don't have any great ideas for a held item. My Butterfree has Tinted Lenses (Dream World) and a Sassy nature (Sp. Def. +, Speed - I believe). I'm 99.9% sure I want Sleep Powder, but the rest I'm not sure about. Years ago before B&W came out, I was recommend I add Dream Eater/Psychic, Supersonic, and Whirlwind/Attract (thinking of using Attract), but I think things are different now that it doesn't have the increased accuracy of Compound Eyes. I also think it has some Bug-type moves that look appealing, and that's very tempting especially with STAB.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back