• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Simple Q&A Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

jab2033

Exit Light, Enter Night
Years
  • You could try something like this:

Iron Head
    Earthquake
    Rock Slide
    Thunder Wave

Paralyze the opponent with Thunder Wave, then use Iron Head or Rock Slide to flinch it to death. Earthquake + Rock Slide is for alternate coverage. Since it's in game, give it the King's Rock to increase chance of flinching.

Years
    • Seen Sep 24, 2011
    i would rather not try to get earthquake because it takes so long to get

it from the battle fronteir

Last edited:

jab2033

Exit Light, Enter Night
    Years
  • You can find an Earthquake TM in-game somewhere pre-Elite Four, but I'm not sure where.

Until you do, Dig works just as well, since opponents rarely use Earthquake against you.

Years
    • Seen Sep 24, 2011
    ive already used earthquake on my dragonite so i will use dig thank you for the help

KH Fan Bixran

Pkmn Nobody
    Years
  • Earthquake replacement on metagross?

I used earthquake on another poke, and I dont have enough bp to get it from the battle frontier. Can anyone give me a good move for metagross that can do good in this moveset:

Metagross
    1: Meteor Mash
    2: Zen Headbutt
    3: Agility
    4: ??? (eq replacement)

I'll take anything that wont require hours of grinding.

P.S., My metagross is still a metang. This is just what I am going to put his moveset as.

Years
    • Seen Sep 24, 2011
    AGGRON: MOVESET
    thunder wave
    rock slide
    iron head
    ???
    item: kings rock

you get rock slide at pewter gym

Last edited:
    Years
  • I used earthquake on another poke, and I dont have enough bp to get it from the battle frontier. Can anyone give me a good move for metagross that can do good in this moveset:

Metagross
    1: Meteor Mash
    2: Zen Headbutt
    3: Agility
    4: ??? (eq replacement)

I'll take anything that wont require hours of grinding.

P.S., My metagross is still a metang. This is just what I am going to put his moveset as.

Try Bullet Punch, Metang learns it at Lv. 32, and while it may get speed from Agility, it definitely appreciates strong priority. Alternatively, you could give it Brick Break.

njepkemaz said:
    AGGRON: MOVESET
    thunder wave
    rock slide
    iron head
    ???
    item: kings rock

you get rock slide at pewter gym

Try this:

Aggron @ Life Orb
    252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
    Adamant Nature
    ~ Rock Polish
    ~ Head Smash
    ~ Aqua Tail
    ~ Low Kick / Ice Punch

Myzou

Lost and Confused xD
    Years
  • So, with Froslass set to hit UU again soon, I figured it couldn't hurt to work on a gimmicky moveset for her people won't really expect.

Was hoping for some feedback. xD

Froslass@Focus Sash?
    EVs: 252 Att/???
    Adamant Nature (+Att, -Sp.Att)
    - Sucker Punch
    - Ice Shard
    - Swagger
    - Psych Up

Essentially, I would switch her in on like Rhyperior or such, something that would switch out in fear of an Ice Beam/Blizzard. When that occurs, I use Swagger, to confuse the incoming pokemon, and boost it's attack. TYPICALLY people won't withdraw just because of confusion, they will try to break through it. If they're a special wall, meant to try to switch in to get me to switch out, I'd go for a second swagger. After my 1-2 swaggers are set up, I'd use Psych Up. This would boost Froslass's respectable 284 Attack to 568 (1 Swagger) - 852 (2 Swaggers). More if they're the odd stat up variant of a wall.

Then, naturally, I'd attempt a sweep with Sucker Punch and Ice Shard.

Any opinions? Can't decide on other EVs other than attack. Should I invest in speed to outspeed other priority users? Should I invest in my defenses? Hmm. And item. I have Focus Sash, since I'm confusing on the switch in, without SR up, it'd assure me to get my Psych Up off, allowing me to attempt a sweep. xD

Years
    • Seen May 9, 2012
    So, with Froslass set to hit UU again soon, I figured it couldn't hurt to work on a gimmicky moveset for her people won't really expect.

Was hoping for some feedback. xD

Froslass@Focus Sash?
    EVs: 252 Att/???
    Adamant Nature (+Att, -Sp.Att)
    - Sucker Punch
    - Ice Shard
    - Swagger
    - Psych Up

Essentially, I would switch her in on like Rhyperior or such, something that would switch out in fear of an Ice Beam/Blizzard. When that occurs, I use Swagger, to confuse the incoming pokemon, and boost it's attack. TYPICALLY people won't withdraw just because of confusion, they will try to break through it. If they're a special wall, meant to try to switch in to get me to switch out, I'd go for a second swagger. After my 1-2 swaggers are set up, I'd use Psych Up. This would boost Froslass's respectable 284 Attack to 568 (1 Swagger) - 852 (2 Swaggers). More if they're the odd stat up variant of a wall.

Then, naturally, I'd attempt a sweep with Sucker Punch and Ice Shard.

Any opinions? Can't decide on other EVs other than attack. Should I invest in speed to outspeed other priority users? Should I invest in my defenses? Hmm. And item. I have Focus Sash, since I'm confusing on the switch in, without SR up, it'd assure me to get my Psych Up off, allowing me to attempt a sweep. xD

It's too gimmicky, especially considering you'll probably get ko'd before you can psych up.

Dark Azelf

☽𖤐☾𓃶𐕣
    Years
    • Seen Apr 29, 2024
    Too gimmicky and too lacklustre a pay off due to Froslass mediocre attack stat and un stab sucker punch/weak Ice Shard. You could accomplish the same thing with any good viable sweeper in less time and effort. It also has rather bad coverage and is easy to wall/set up on. Froslass should stick to setting up Spikes (in uu) as that is its main and best niche. TL;DR your set is too much set up and work for poor pay off.

Last edited:

masaru3

Chespin, I choose you!
    Years
  • Help me pick my larvitar!

I want a Jolly Tyranitar with Sandstream and Dragon Dance and obviously I want him to be a physical attacker

I hatched these two: Leppa and Larvitar II. They have different IVs and they're both very good, but I can't decide and I'd like advice on what should I pick (WHICH SEAT SHOULD I TAAAAAKE XD) Ok, enough.

Leppa:
    HP: 0-5, Atk: 31, Def: 31, SpA: 31, SpD: 12-13, Speed: 31

Larvitar II
    HP: 13, Atk: 31, Def: 31, SpA: 4, SpD: 0-4, Speed: 31

Atk, Speed and Def were the stats I aimed for when I was breeding them. I was lucky with Leppa for having 4 perfect IVs, except I don't need SpA for nothing, specially with the SpA lowering nature. Also, because there will be a sandstorm the SpD will double, so I'm not very concerned about the SpD stat.

Can you help me decide?

Vrai

can you feel my heart?
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Oct 24, 2022
    I really agree with Dark Azelf. Froslass is much better off abusing its strengths, which is its superb speed (for UU, anyway), spiking capabilities, and usable Special Attack/STABs. While your set is unorthodox and will catch people off-guard, it's simply too ineffective for it to really work at all (and besides... what happens if they switch out on the Swagger and you give them a free turn by trying to Psych Up nothing? ;;). Basically, it's too weak to perform this set especially with such low Base Power and non-STAB moves, like D_A said. Props for creativity, but I think there are other sets that Froslass can pull off much much better.

Last edited:
    Years
  • Just dropping in to give a set for Myzou's Froslass, since no one else really has. As others have said, Froslass's best niche is on Hail Teams, laying spikes and abusing Snow Cloak, so you should always pair it with Abomasnow or Eviolite Snover.

Froslass @ Leftovers
    248 HP / 228 Def / 32 Spe
    Timid Nature
    -Substitute
    -Spikes
    -Thunder Wave/Confuse Ray
    -Blizzard/Ice Beam

Basically, once you get a Sub up, you hit them with your status move, so that, combined with Snowcloak, they have a very low chance to actually hit you and break through your sub. In the meantime, lay down your Spikes.

Vrai

can you feel my heart?
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Oct 24, 2022
    I want a Jolly Tyranitar with Sandstream and Dragon Dance and obviously I want him to be a physical attacker

I hatched these two: Leppa and Larvitar II. They have different IVs and they're both very good, but I can't decide and I'd like advice on what should I pick (WHICH SEAT SHOULD I TAAAAAKE XD) Ok, enough.

Leppa:
    HP: 0-5, Atk: 31, Def: 31, SpA: 31, SpD: 12-13, Speed: 31

Larvitar II
    HP: 13, Atk: 31, Def: 31, SpA: 4, SpD: 0-4, Speed: 31

Atk, Speed and Def were the stats I aimed for when I was breeding them. I was lucky with Leppa for having 4 perfect IVs, except I don't need SpA for nothing, specially with the SpA lowering nature. Also, because there will be a sandstorm the SpD will double, so I'm not very concerned about the SpD stat.

Can you help me decide?
    Tyranitar is usable with a Special Attacking stat, although either works, really. I think you get a little more bulk out of Tyranitar with more HP, so might as well go for the second one if you're not going to make use of his Special Attack.

Years
    • Seen Jun 15, 2023
    Ok, let me see if I got this right.
    The chances of hatching a shiny Pokémon is 1 in 8,192 something
    Using a Japaneses ditto, the chances of hatching a shiny Pokémon will be from 1 in 8,192 to 1 in 2,048 cutting it by 75%. Is that about right? I've tried getting a shiny that way, but I really had no luck. I'm just checking to see if I'm doing it right.

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back