• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen Simple Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

SkinnyGreenMan

█▓▒═─┤SkinnyG reen├─═ ▒▓█
    Years
    Toothache said:
    Something musta gone wrong, I traded it back to my FR cart with a King's Rock and it didn't evolve. Now what?
    Make sure you are trading a poliwhirl. My friend accedentaly tried his polowrath insted of poliwhirl. As long as you have a poliwhirl holding a King's Rock, when it trades, it should evolve to politoed.

Toothache

Deepsea Toothache
    Years
    No, it's definately a Poliwhirl (I caught a Poliwag at L21, evolved it at L25, and now he's holding a King's Rock, sitting back on my FR game after being traded holding it from my Sapphire cart. And hasn't evolved).

EDIT: Problem was my old link cable, I used the Wireless connector with my friend and Poliwrath evolved. Meh, I might just throw this one out and buy a new link cable, if that keeps happening.

Last edited:

THIRTY-SIX

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Nov 18, 2015
    ahhhh yes there is more than 3 there are 7 islands thats y they are called sevii isle *or somthing*
    to get to other 4 go get ruby plate after beating elite four
    but really there are 9 but the 8th and 9th but u can only go thre from nintendo events

Years
    • Seen Dec 17, 2004
    pokerus?

I was wondering if a pokerus is real.
    I've read about them but how could I get one?

Shadow

Original Flavor Darkness
    Years
    Nanjing said:
    I was wondering if a pokerus is real.
    I've read about them but how could I get one?
    Yes it is real. You can get it after battling another Pok?mon, though the chance of getting it is real low. It also spreads between your Pok?mon in your party if one as it and if you put it in a box, all Pok?mon in that box get it.

Shadow

Original Flavor Darkness
    Years
    Nanjing said:
    how would you know you have it and it goes away doesnt it?
    Nurse Joy will tell you the first time you heal after getting it and a little purple icon will show up in the status screen (like the poison or paralysis one).

It stays for about a week when they're in your party but they never lose it in the box if I recall correctly.

Years
    • Seen Dec 17, 2004
    Where can I grind berries?
    Also, where is a good place to train my pokemon? I havent beaten the elite four yet....

THIRTY-SIX

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Nov 18, 2015
    u cant grind berries in frlg
    victory road or even the elite 4 some people say it doesnt matter if u lose money
    hope this helps ^_^

Years
    • Seen Dec 17, 2004
    I saw another version of Action Replay out in stores. It advertises Pokemone Fire red and Pokemone Leaf green. But I am sorta nervous on if the Action Replay really has an Pokemon codes on it.
    I really dont wanna spend money on something if it doesnt even have the codes I want...

thnks ^^

Toothache

Deepsea Toothache
    Years
    I'd personally recommend against using AR or any other cheating device. But that's just me.

Anyway, I'm searching around the Tanoby Ruins trying to find the Unowns, but all I can find is a lot of empty ruins. Any idea how I unlocks the Unowns?

THIRTY-SIX

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Nov 18, 2015
    on the way there should be a cave to the left of where u fight the 2nd couple move the boulders with strength then itlll say somthing far away has been unlocked, i think the cave only appears once you deafeat the elite four the 2nd time

THIRTY-SIX

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Nov 18, 2015
    no sunflora cannot be cuaght on frlg, maybe a glicth, the only way is to trade from colosseum

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back